Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Book 8??  (Read 132 times)

Cho Chung

• Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor and Gryffindor Prefect
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
  • Have you charmed your prefect today? :D
    • View Profile
Book 8??
« on: February 03, 2008, 10:14:35 AM »

I heard a rumor somewhere that J.K. Rowling said she would consider writing an 8th book because her daughter has asked (begged) her to do so.  Has anyone else heard anything about this?  Anyone know if there's any truth to this rumor?  I certainly hope she doesn't write an 8th book.  She planned 7 books, she wrote 7 books, she did it amazingly well, at this point an 8th book would ruin it.  UNLESS she's just talking about some sort of lexicon; then that's different.  But if she's talking about an 8th book with an actual plot and everything, I think that would be a big mistake.

Birthdays are great.  Everyone should have them.

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
Re: Book 8??
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 03:56:27 PM »

I think there's still plenty of room in the universe that she created, but I don't think a Harry Potter story would fit AT ALL. I hadn't heard that her daughter wanted her to write another one, though. That might wear down her resistance to what is just a bad idea.
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Sirius Black

• Resident Bum
  • Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
Re: Book 8??
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 03:52:03 PM »

Maybe this is too old for me to comment on... but it's what grabbed my attention :-)

I read an article that she was considering another HP book.  In the article, she did mention that her daughter had begged her and it was hard to say no; which was why she "never says never."  The feeling that I got from all of it was that it would not be an actual HP adventure, but rather, an encylopedia of the HP world, or something more like that...

By the way, hey all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up