Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I know why Snape is good.  (Read 145 times)

SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
I know why Snape is good.
« on: June 26, 2007, 05:11:40 PM »

Since the release of book 6, I have struggled with my own opinion on whether Severus Snape is on the side of the Order or on the side of Lord Voldemort. Like many of you, questions about his loyalty have plagued my mind for years. I am happy to announce that our worries are over. I am now firmly of the opinion that Snape is a good guy, and I shall give you all good evidence why.

Once upon a time, a man named Severus was lurking in a bar, spying on one Albus Dumbledore. At this point, Snape was under the employ of Lord Voldemort. While listening at the door, he heard the latter part of a prophecy made by the interviewee of Professor Dumbledore, one Sybill Trelawney. He almost immediately ran to Lord Voldemort to tell him of this news, but, and this is important, not knowing who Trelawney was at the time, he did not tell Lord Voldemort who made the prophecy. Lord Voldemort soon met his downfall due to that prophecy when he tried to destroy Harry Potter.

We know that it was around this time that Snape went to Dumbledore and expressed his remorse at ever being on the Dark Lord's side. He then entered the employ of Hogwarts as a teacher, which must have been at about the same time as Sybill Trelawney also became employed at Hogwarts.

Fourteen-ish years later, Lord Voldemort returned. He became obsessed with discovering the entirety of that prophecy. The record of the prophecy was smashed in the hall of prophecy, and Voldemort was ticked because now he could never find out what it said.

Two years later, Trelawney unwittingly revealed that Snape had interrupted their interview sixteen years prior, and soon thereafter, Professor Dumbledore and Harry Potter had a conversation in Dumbledore's office in which Dumbledore revealed that he believed it would be unwise to allow Trelawney to go free because she made the prophecy and she could be found out by the Dark Lord.

As a side note, Obviously, if the Dark Lord can torture Bertha Jorkins into remembering things she had forgotten under influence of memory modification, he would be capable of getting information out of Trelawney, who similarly has no memory of making the prophecy.

And now, for the grand finale...

After sixteen years of teaching in the same school as her, Snape now definitely knows who Trelawney is. He knows that Lord Voldemort would LOVE to find out who Trelawney is. And yet, Trelawney is still alive and safe. The only explanation is that Snape never told Voldemort that Trelawney made the prophecy, and the only reason for that would be that Snape is on the side of the Order of the Phoenix.

There. What do you think?
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Susan Bones

• Special Reporter For The Wizengamot
  • Slytherin
  • Seventh-year
  • Love few. Hate many. Stack the rest in the cellar.
    • View Profile
    • Look for Susan Bones as meepmeep on IrCQ Chat:  Trivia!
Re: I know why Snape is good.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 11:49:12 PM »

Ahhhh.....  That makes total sense.

Severus could get serious brownie points for turning in Trelawney, and hasn't.  Probably Trelawney can sense when someone is intruding on her thoughts (she IS somewhat talented, even if accidentally so).

Special Reporter for the Wizengamot
Pages: [1]   Go Up