Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clubs, Societies, and Teams?  (Read 130 times)

SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
Clubs, Societies, and Teams?
« on: January 19, 2007, 08:59:44 PM »

So I just joined a Harry Potter club at my University, and hence irrefutably cemented the fact of my geekdom in the annals of time. I was sorted by a very informal, subject-to-change process into Ravenclaw (shhh, you didn't just hear that,) and it was actually quite interesting. I brought up Hogsmeade and we might get some new people soon, since there are about 20-ish people and they all seem to be web-savvy. Anywho...

Is anyone else a member of a HP-related club dealie? I was just curious because we were talking about making T-shirts, but someone said that we wouldn't be allowed to make shirts because of licensing restrictions on the Harry Potter trademark. It seems like we should be able to wear a shirt that says WWU Harry Potter Club or something, but does anyone know more than me about it?

Also, we're looking into some activities to do around campus to promote the club. We're going to start showing the movies this quarter in one of our big lecture halls, and as such, we want to get lots of people to come and fill the space. We were talking about doing some sort or skit or demonstration in the central part of campus to advertise (something along the lines of pointing a wand at someone we planted and say a spell and they belch "slugs" or go into the full body-bind or fall over, just to cause a scene) but does anyone have any ideas for something just as awesome, or even potentially MORE awesome-r?

Anywho... *kicks forum* ARISE, POTTER FANS.  ;D
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
Re: Clubs, Societies, and Teams?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 11:49:08 AM »

This is my only Harry Potter club. :D

That sounds like a lot of fun, though. Jealous!

Some ideas:
Quidditch Tag - Could be a good way to get people involved easily, without having to have plants
A Halloween-mid-year party (flying bat toys, lots of HP treats, stuff like that)
Some sort of trivia game (Should attract the competitive HP fans, if nothing else) :D

Those are just my first few ideas. I'll see what else I can come up with over the next few days. :D
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
  • Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.
    • View Profile
Re: Clubs, Societies, and Teams?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 07:42:56 PM »

Harry Potter cooking contests could be fun - make pumpkin juice, ginger beer, etc.  During the contest, have strategically placed chocolate to eat when a dementor runs through.

OR

Name that HP book - play this like Name that Tune, but have someone read snippits from a passage and ask someone to place the book it is from. 

OR

HP Scavenger Hunt - do a scavenger hunt for HP type items, and set up decorated theme areas to find the items (i.e do a dorm room like Gringots - if people find it they can pick up an item there; ditto for the Gryffindor Common Room).  You could give clues to find the next location, and it could be akin to a roving party.
Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up