Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 175 times)

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
  • Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.
    • View Profile
World of Warcraft
« on: August 01, 2006, 01:54:07 PM »

Looks like a bunch of us are playing WoW, so I thought we could start a thread.  I am still new to the game, but would love to play with any of you.  I currently only have one toon - she is a mage on the Uldum server named Semele.  I am a level 33 now, but hope to change that soon. 
Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 05:03:18 PM »

One question - how much does WoW cost? That's the other big reason I haven't played it - not only would I spend too much time on it, but too much money. Isn't it like a $50 game with like a $20/month fee?

I stick with good old fashioned Final Fantasy. At least when I stop playing that for a few hours, I know the game won't continue without me.
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 05:05:04 PM »

The game is around 45-50, and the monthly fee is $15/month. There are also game cards you can buy, but I have no clue how those work, since I haven't used them.

It definitely sucks you in. :)

My main toons are Cowslip, a level 60 shaman on Muradin, and Weatherwax, a low-level mage on Kul Tiras. I have a few other alts on Muradin that I don't play tons, and a few other alts scattered here and there. Cowslip's been 60 for about a month now, but I haven't done any raiding yet, 'cause SCARY! But I got attuned for the lowest of the raids, so I just might join a raiding guild, much as I would miss the few people in my current guild who actually log on now and again. :)

One of my favorite things about WoW is playing with people. There are lots of chances to interact with other people. Sometimes it is stressful, but often it's rewarding and a lot of fun. I've met some really cool people, and it's another way to hang out with people I already know. :)
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Susan Bones

• Special Reporter For The Wizengamot
  • Slytherin
  • Seventh-year
  • Love few. Hate many. Stack the rest in the cellar.
    • View Profile
    • Look for Susan Bones as meepmeep on IrCQ Chat:  Trivia!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 06:51:46 PM »

The cost is too much for something I wouldn't have time to play, or worse, would play so much that I wouldn't get any work done.  My friend Michael drags his laptop with him wherever he goes and plays that stuff.

For a free long-term MMORPG, may I suggest my good old Nilgiri (nilgiri.mythril.com), where I'm a rogue in Argoceania:

Angharade is a 26-year-old human, with bright green eyes and long white hair.  She is 5'1" tall, lithe and graceful.  Though her Elfin heritage is obvious from her eyes, hair, chin, and height, it is also clear her people's magic died out long ago.

Angharade's grandmother was a full-blooded Elfin woman, who left her tribe to become the bride of a human nobleman.  After giving birth to Angharade's mother, she returned to her homeland, never to be seen in human company again.  From childhood Angharade was taught to be wary of Elfin ways.  She scoffs at magic users -- especially human magic users -- and prefers to work with what she can see and touch and feel for herself.

Angharade has a small tattoo on her right shoulderblade with the letters "B~L~A".  It represents her title, Baroness LaLoupe de Argoceania, but she often tells people the letters stand for "Black Leather Angel".  Her leggings, hood, boots, and jacket are all created from the finest Argoceanian leather.  She also wears the Cross of the White Chocolate Army and one of the Five Goblin Rings of Power.

While proficient in most small weaponry (longswords and clerics' hammers are too heavy for her to lift), Angharade's favorite weapon is her trusty buckknife.  The handcrafted handle is made of carved bone and is decorated with horsehair at the hilt of the blade.  Even without the knife, Angharade is still a formidable foe:  she still wears the Claws of the Giant Cave Bear that she received at 17.

Like most thieves and rogues, Angharade distrusts authority, with the one exception of Lord Mut, the master thief.  She bows in his presence, as do all of the Wolf Guild.  In her spare time the Baroness can be found strolling through Wool Park, spearing and roasting an occasional sheep when the shepherds aren't looking.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 06:58:38 PM by Susan Bones »

Special Reporter for the Wizengamot
Pages: [1]   Go Up