Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving, etc  (Read 131 times)

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
Moving, etc
« on: July 21, 2006, 10:35:07 AM »

I'm just about done with the move, minus a few more of the big things and then the cleaning. Unpacking is going to take a long time, especially if I don't see the roommate enough for us to rearrange the furniture! :D

The cable hook-up should occur today so that I can get my home internet up and running. Woot!

All will mostly be well and calm, except for two things.

One: The landlady may give us grief.

Two: I may be going to Libya next week.

Eeep.
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
Re: Moving, etc
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 03:20:01 PM »

Okay, no free trip out of the country. Ah well. I still have to clean tomorrow, and also try to get a carpet cleaning schedule for Wednesday. Won't that be fun. :(
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Marold

• Slytherin
  • Sixth-year
  • We are better than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 04:42:47 PM »

I've only moved from the top level to the basement of the house.  Nothing big there, I still had to share a room with my sister.  It just meant we could fight and no one could hear us until someone screamed.  ;D
Over Grown Teenagerhttp://players.gamernic.com/Guinastasia/mydolls.html

SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 05:38:46 PM »

So, it's been a very long time since I moved. The last time was when I was about ten and I didn't have to actually coordinate anything or figure out what to pack. This time, it's proving to be a lot more difficult, now that I'm, you know, an adult or whatever. Turns out there's a lot to think about when you move. Who knew?

For examplé, I neglected to think about parking at my new school. You need a permit to park and they only sell a very low number of permits because they highly discourage students from bringing their cars. Therefore, I just discovered that it's too late for me to buy a permit. I live about four to five hours from school, and my parents were hoping to see me home every other weekend. Now, not only do I need to get a bus pass and learn to ride a city bus, but for me to get home, I have to get a ride from my parents, meaning that'll be an all-day affair for them just to drive and get me, and then another day to drive me back. Just one of the many things standing in between me and a stress-free college experience.

At least now I know who my roommate is and exactly where my room is. And it's in the residence hall I was hoping for. Plus, I got paid today and I now have some semblance of a shopping list for things I still need. Yay, shopping! ;D
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."
Pages: [1]   Go Up