Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ghost story  (Read 102 times)

Susan Bones

• Special Reporter For The Wizengamot
  • Slytherin
  • Seventh-year
  • Love few. Hate many. Stack the rest in the cellar.
    • View Profile
    • Look for Susan Bones as meepmeep on IrCQ Chat:  Trivia!
Ghost story
« on: April 26, 2006, 08:52:00 PM »

The first promotional spot for "An American Haunting" was a few days ago.  Finally, finally, someone is making a movie about the Bell Witch!

For those of you who have never heard the tale, the Bell Witch was a spirit in Tennessee (near to where I am, actually) that tormented a farmer and his family.  Her disembodied voice could be heard all around the Bell property, shrieking with laughter and screaming "You're all going to die!" as she dragged children around and broke things.  You can still hear her at the Bell Witch Cave in Adams, TN.

What ghost story has affected YOU the most?

Tell, and I'll relate the tale of my own personal haunting, in my childhood home.

Special Reporter for the Wizengamot

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
  • Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost story
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 07:23:54 PM »

I was looking at the website for "An AMerican Haunting" - I can't wait to see it.  It looks like it is going to be terrifying.

Growing up in Alabama (your neighbor to the south), I digested the stories in "13 Alabama Ghosts and Jeffrey" by Kathryn Tucker Windham from the time I could start reading.  Those affected me the most because they occurred in real places I could visit.  I have never seen/experienced a ghost, BUT my husband's family has an old farm house which pre-dates the Civil War.  He and his famliy have all heard footsteps without seeing anyone to be attached to the footsteps.  They think it is the ghost of a former tenant who was killed in a pretty brutal way in the lat 1800s (I'll spare you the details).  This story affects me a great deal b/c my husband refuses to stay in the house overnight as a result.

What is yours?
Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up