Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You're so vain, you probably think this caption contest is about you, don't you?  (Read 295 times)

SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...

Rules: (Please read all the rules before submitting your caption. You never know when they might change on you. Even though I just copy/paste them every time.)
- I'll present you with one picture. It is your job to come up with an appropriate caption to go along with that picture.
-Captions are all to be submitted to me by PM. Do not post your captions in this thread.
- 3 points will be awarded to each person who participates. You may send as many submissions as you'd like to but you will only receive 3 entry points (no matter how many you send).
- 12 points go to the winner, thus a total of 15.
- 7 points go to second place, a total of 10.
- I'll post everyone's submissions when I've finished judging
- Entries are judged on creativity, grammar, and humor, and how much chocolate you give to Shelly. ;D

This picture is also in the gallery, where you might be able to find a better quality, bigger version of it. Sorry about that, these things always get shrunk down and sometimes they wind up looking kind of bad. But you get the gist of it, right?

(Oh, and I was just kidding about the chocolate part. But it couldn't hurt to send me some anyways!)

This contest will close Wednesday, September 14. If I'm feeling nice, I'll post results on the 15th.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 09:19:09 PM by SeaShelly3 »
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Madeleine

• Resident Mum
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Flavor of the week: Chili Pepper
    • View Profile

Gosh!  I don't mean to complain, but it's rather dark!  I haven't seen the movie yet, so I don't even know what part this is.  Or which movie, quite frankly.  Um....  ^^;
Don't get stuck on stupid.

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes

It's from the end of Chamber of Secrets. If you go to the gallery, click on the picture. It comes up a lot bigger and brighter.
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes

Gallery upload

For some reason, shrinking this image makes it darker. If you go to this link and click on the picture, you can see a bigger, brighter picture.
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...

Sorry about that, it just automatically shrinks and goes all fuzzy like that, not to mention that the original image I found wasn't the greatest quality. I'd take my own screenies, but... that takes too long and I'm lazy.  ;D
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Madeleine

• Resident Mum
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile

Ahhhhhh, that's better.  But it still took me a full minute to realize that was Harry (or even a person) there, hugging Hagrid.  I thought Hagrid had some weird satchel he was pulling something out of.   ::)  Whoops.

All better, now, though, thank you!

Christine

• Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile

Um, when does the contest close?
"Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"
                                                            -Obi-Wan, Star Wars

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...

*facepalm* I just can't get anything right this time, can I? Er... Let's have it close Wednesday, September 14th. I'll go edit the original entry to reflect this. Sorry about that!  :-[

Madeleine

• Resident Mum
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile

*GRINS*  *whistles the Jeopardy theme*

SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...

OMG, I'm so sorry. I was planning to do it today, but I'm at work and I can't right now. I wasn't expecting to have to work today, but they needed me. I work at a publishing company, and we have a magazine coming out in the next couple of days, so we're kind of scrambling, and I've been working late and getting up early.

I will do it tonight, I promise. Things have just been really hectic, but I haven't entirely forgotten about you guys! *meep*

SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...

(Yes, this still counts as "night."  ::))

The contest has been judged, and the winners are as follows:

Our runner up, receiving three points is dumbldor who submitted the following caption:

Hagrid: I am having a baby!!!

In second place, receiving ten points is Angelina Tonks who submitted the following caption:

Hagrid: (whispering) Keep walkin' 'arry, jus' keep walkin'. Then people might not realise tha' we're stuck together.
Harry: (out loud) Look everybody! Hagrid's back! And I'm hugging him because he's back!
Hagrid: (whispering again) Nice way of keeping the attention of us, 'arry.

And our winner, receiving fifteen points, is Madeleine, whose winning caption was:

With his new interest in Scottish culture, Harry amused Hagrid and many of his classmates by attempting to "toss the caper" with Hagrid.

This Christmas Hagrid showed he had a mischievous streak by inventing a new game "which pocket is your present in?" thus bringing hours of hilarity to the last weeks of the term for Harry's classmates.

Congratulations to our winners. I will be posting the points soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up