Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After the movies?  (Read 123 times)

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
After the movies?
« on: October 16, 2005, 12:40:17 PM »

It seems clear that WB is going to be keeping the same actors for the film, even though they're now much older than the dynamic trio in the books. Whether you think this is a good decision for the movies or not, what do you think it means for the actors themselves? Will Dan, Emma, and Rupert be able to find other sorts of jobs after this? Or will they fall into the horrible spiral most child actors seem caught in?
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
  • Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.
    • View Profile
Re: After the movies?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 11:05:53 PM »

Doomed - totally doomed - (see the Fark post on D.R.) - with the limited experience of Radcliff taken into consideration - the defining role of the career for all of these actors for (by the time the last movie will eventually come out) well about a decade or so will be these characters - characters beloved by MILLIONS.  How in the world could they escape these roles??? Think about  Home Alone, Shirley Temple, Judy Garland, etc. - kids who play key cultural figures in films will always be remembered for the defining role.  I think, as far as US audiences, they will have to work to overcome being seen as these characters.  You, know, though . . . . there are worse things in the world than being remembered for bringing to life treasured characters from a beloved series of books.
Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 07:52:36 AM »

I think of all of them, Rupert seems to have the best chance at a career in the movies. He's the funny one, and humor can break down barriers that drama can't always manage. I wish, and not just because I don't like Emma as Hermione, that they'd cast different kids for the later movies. I think that would have given this trio a better shot at doing other things in acting, if they want.
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Marold

• Slytherin
  • Sixth-year
  • We are better than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 04:25:55 PM »

I think the kids will really have to study up on their acting if they wish to continue in the business.  They have to break the barriers that surround their characters now.  I know if you check out IMDB.com they are all in different movies from Harry Potter.  Oops sorry, some of them are going to other Character roles others don't seem to be doing anything else.

Harrison Ford faced the same problem.  His first few movies were produced by Lucas and he really didn't want to do Indiana Jones.  Yes some people still see him in that roll but others see him as Jack Ryan in the Patriot series.  It all depends on them and how well they wish to market themselves.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 03:12:37 PM by Marold »
Over Grown Teenagerhttp://players.gamernic.com/Guinastasia/mydolls.html

Susan Bones

• Special Reporter For The Wizengamot
  • Slytherin
  • Seventh-year
  • Love few. Hate many. Stack the rest in the cellar.
    • View Profile
    • Look for Susan Bones as meepmeep on IrCQ Chat:  Trivia!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 09:45:39 PM »

I don't think Daniel has a shot of doing anything besides "joke roles" and cameos.  He will be known as Harry Potter for the rest of his life, poor boy, unless he pops up with a wicked tan, bleached blonde hair, and a muscular physique.  If that happens, he can always have a career as my poolboy.   >:D

Rupert will retire from acting, I think.

Emma will appear in Playboy once she turns 21.  Just wait and see.

Special Reporter for the Wizengamot
Pages: [1]   Go Up