Author Topic: Oh, yeah. Who's cool?  (Read 131 times)

Offline SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
Oh, yeah. Who's cool?
« on: October 10, 2005, 01:03:33 PM »
So, Mugglenet had this contest for a while entitled "Funny Ways Voldemort Won't Die." I submitted an entry and didn't win. However, they released the whole list today, and... well... Check out number 33.

Yeah, that's mine. I guess that makes me famous now. Starting now, I'm selling autographs for five... no, make that ten dollars each. Better get in line soon, though. I can hear the crowd gathering outside my house even now.

The funny thing is, they changed the wording of my entry a little bit. The one I submitted said "naked" instead of "topless." Must have been too risque for the Mugglenet folks.

Anyways, yeah, I was pretty excited about that, but I wish I would have won one of the prizes. Ah well. ;D
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Offline Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
Re: Oh, yeah. Who's cool?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 01:59:40 PM »
*bows before your famousness*

Man, though, I wish I'd known about the contest. I'd have submitted the way the series must end.

Duel to the death between Voldy and Harry. Harry is disarmed, injured, bleeding, about to die. Voldemort lowers his wand. "Avada," he starts, but then BAM! The wand changes into a rubber chicken. Fred and George wander in. "Oh, that's where the missing trick wand went!"
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Offline SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 07:44:46 PM »
Heh, that's good, Ping. They announced the contest on MuggleCast, which is the PodCast that MuggleNet does... Maybe I'm a major geek for actually listening to it, but hey, I have iTunes and it's entertaining.
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Offline Christine

• Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 07:52:59 PM »
Actually, I listened to it on my friends Ipod once and I thought it was rather entertaining too.  But it doesn't take much to interest me...

Anyway, great entry!  That's a cool idea for a contest, too.
"Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"
                                                            -Obi-Wan, Star Wars

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Offline Cerberus

• Hufflepuff
  • Fifth-year
  • Bats aren't bugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 07:34:46 PM »

It's GREAT!!!!!!!! I LOVE it!!! I couldn't stop giggling afterwards :D
Congratulations, Shelly!!!!!
I find my life is a lot easier the lower I keep everyone's expectations.