Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A brand spankin' new caption contest!  (Read 148 times)

SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
A brand spankin' new caption contest!
« on: August 03, 2005, 05:41:21 PM »

Rules: (Please read all the rules before submitting your caption)
- I'll present you with one picture. It is your job to come up with an appropriate caption to go along with that picture.
-Captions are all to be submitted to me by PM. Do not post your captions in this thread.
- 3 points will be awarded to each person who participates. You may send as many submissions as you'd like to but you will only receive 3 entry points (no matter how many you send).
- 12 points go to the winner, thus a total of 15.
- 7 points go to second place, a total of 10.
- I'll post everyone's submissions when I've finished judging
- Entries are judged on creativity, grammar, and humor

This contest will close on Thursday, August 11th at 11:59 pm, PST (my time zone.) I'll probably post results on August 12th.

The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
Re: A brand spankin' new caption contest!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 05:49:05 PM »

I fear I may be a little late in the judging of the caption contest. Just a bunch of stupid problems with my computer and my parents. The power adaptor to my laptop broke, and I'm typing this on my last 20% of battery life, and my parents... well, never mind. I'll spare you the sordid details. ;D

I don't know how long it will be, because I'll probably be off the internet completely. But fear not! All of your wonderful submissions will get judged the moment I come back to this big, beautiful internet of ours.
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
Re: A brand spankin' new caption contest!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 05:09:12 AM »

OK, I lied. Well, not purposely, mind you. It's almost 1:30 AM, so I snuck out to get on the computer and judge the contest, so that I won't wind up being very late in judging it. For anyone that's interested, I'm receiving my power cord on about August 19, so that's when I'll be on regularly again. OK, enough about me: On to the judging!

The runners-up (3 points apiece)

Quote from: dumbldor
Harry:I forgot my make-up!!!!  :-\

Quote from: willow
Crabbe / Goyle (whoever it is!) : Oh my.. is my skin starting to sag? I must get some of Madame Primroses fantastic facelift cream! *walks of camply*

Quote from: Heather
Crazy glue really does stick to skin . . . .

Quote from: Ping
"I see stupid people."

Coming in second place (10 points): Christine!

Quote from: Christine
Harry Potter has once again managed to do the near-impossible: give Gregory Goyle's body a brain.

And the (15 point) winner of this week-like period's caption contest is: Madeleine!

Quote from: Madeleine
He realized with horror that the Chubs Away Baby Fat Remover he bought from the Weasley twins had only magically affixed his fingers to his face.

Judging was particularly difficult this week, all the captions were excellent. I will post next week-like period's caption contest as soon as I can be a little more certain of my online status--probably late next week. Thank you for participating in the contest!
Pages: [1]   Go Up