Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stupid internet quizzes  (Read 114 times)

Carolyn

• Hufflepuff
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
Stupid internet quizzes
« on: August 01, 2005, 10:17:20 AM »

So I'm on ivillage.com and I see a Harry Potter quiz.  Among the 17 questions, are these:

10.  What is the slang word for a Hogwarts student who was born into a Muggle family?

Your Answer: Mudblood
Correct!
Harry's mother, Lily, is a mudblood, or half-blood, as she was born into a Muggle family.

This question really left a bad taste in my mouth.

14.  Which Potter character is an Animagus who can change into a cat?
Your Answer: Professor McGonagall
Correct!
Professor McGonagall, the Transfiguration teacher, can transform into a tabby cat.

Does that really make her an animagus???

15.  According to Potter-universe rumors, what will be the last word of the last chapter of book seven?
Your Answer: Scars
Correct!
The oft-circulated rumor is that "scars" will be the final word of the final chapter in the final Harry Potter book. Speculation is that it will refer to the lightning-bolt-shaped scar on Harry's forehead.

Scar wasn't an option, and isn't it scar, and not scars??? And it's not a rumor, JK Rowling herself has said it would most likely be scar. 

Just had to vent...this quiz is dumb like rocks.
http://quiz.ivillage.com/entertainment/tests/Harrypotter.htm?ice=iv,en,home,flash,promo
Who are you people, and where have you hidden my dignity?

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
Re: Stupid internet quizzes
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 03:23:58 PM »

I agree on the mudblood comment being in bad taste, and that she's said it's "scar," not "scars."

However, Professor McGonagall is, I believe, an animagus, but unlike James and co., she's registered. I believe Hermione mentioned this fact at one point (can't remember when, though).
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
  • Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 10:46:04 PM »

The quiz doesn't seem well thought out.

We should start a Hogwarts quiz - a GOOD quiz - one that requires knowledge and understanding.  One worthy of the Order of Ping.  Most of the online quizes on HP I have found are either 1) way too easy; 2) contain wrong information; or 3) look at such trivial facts that they don't look at an appreciation of the HP world, but rather, random Lexicon searches.  Anyone willing to work on a good quiz with me?
Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 01:15:29 PM »

I don't know that I have time to do a whole lot, but I could definitely host it. I'd like to make an alternate sorting hat so that people can just use that if they want to take it multiple times or if they don't want to register here. *waggles eyebrows*
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only
Pages: [1]   Go Up