Author Topic: The late entry  (Read 567 times)

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
  • look into my eyes, you will do my bidding now!
    • View Profile
The late entry
« on: July 18, 2005, 09:09:16 AM »
Willow stared up at Hogwarts castle, paralysed with fear and hating her parents for their terrible mistake. Why did she have to move schools, was France really to far to travel since they'd moved to England? She was a small child for her age, with dark messy hair and kind brown eyes. The most that could be said for her was that she was pretty, yet most called her odd looking. She had an awkward air, a stiff upper lip and pale skin that added to her ill looks.
Her father and mother, the lord and lady Hornfile, had not accompanied her to the castle but instead bought her many presents. Well, actually their maid had for them.
Sighing, Willow made her way up to the castle, grasping her locket and hoping she would not end up in slytherin. Who had ever heard of a fourth year having to be sorted?
High ho! High ho! Off to boarding school I go.... The joys of life. Woopee.

Offline Plummer

• Gryffindor
  • First-year Student
  • I am a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: The late entry
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 11:12:52 AM »
Zebede left the great hall in a hurry, he was tired after a long day trying to turn a snake into a kitten and was in no mood for being on the recieving end of abuse and more often than not someones evening meal. His efforts at transforming had produced some rather unexpected, and in the case of the furry walking cobara, rather horrifying results. Zebede was not a very potent wizard and magic did not run strongly in his blood. He often wondered why he ever came to this school, all he got was abuse over his virtually non-existant magical talent and his muggle father. He was in hufflepuff house, which everyone said was for the losers who wern't able to make it to the other houses, which suited him perfectly. As he wallowed in his self pity he noticed a girl stood in the doorway looking rather lost an distressed. Zebede thought nothing of it and walked on, too upset with himself to care. He was never very good with women anyway. He looked back before turning to climb the staircase and saw that she was smiling at him. He almost collapsed with a mixture of terror and suprise. A girl was actually smiling at him? He looked around, there was no-one else. He must have imagined it. He carefully glanced over his shoulder, trying not to draw attention to the fact he was looking at her. She smiled again. He looked away, his face felt so hot. She was smiling at him. He was clueless with girls, none had ever remotely liked him before and he was very inexperienced. In his panic he turned and fell on his cloak, crashing to the stone floor with a thud.

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 11:20:33 AM »
Willow watched the boy with amusement as he managed to stumble back up.
"Are you ok?" she asked, trying to sound as nice as she could.
"Mer, er yeh.." the boy said rather gawmlessly.
"Could you show me where hufflepuff common room is?"
The boys eyes flew open with surprise, "You're in hufflepuff, I haven't seen you before!"
"I'm new, I'm Willow Hornfile. Who are you?"
she put her hand out to shake it and he collasped.
"Oh."

Offline Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
  • :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 11:27:13 AM »
Angelina walked around the corner on her way back to the Hufflepuff common room when she saw a boy ahead collapse in a heap on the floor. She ran up to the girl next to him.
"Is he alright?" she asked.
The girl replied, "Well, he just collapsed." Angelina nodded. "Do you know where the Hufflepuff common room is?" she asked, and Angelina nodded again.
"I'm in Hufflepuff too." she looked down at the boy on the floor and noted his Hufflepuff badge. "mobilicorpus" she said, and his body floated. "Let's get going." she told the new girl and headed in the direction of the kitchens.
The world is full of bad people - it's just some who are on opposite sides.
The moving tree will get you!

Offline Plummer

• Gryffindor
  • First-year Student
  • I am a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 11:59:12 AM »
Zebede collapsed to the floor in shock at the girls actions and began to dream. He didn't know how long he was dreaming but after a rather weird dream involving a giant mushroom and a firefly he began to regain conciousness.
He slowly opened his eyes to see the ceiling drifting past and he heard the sound of footsteps behind him.
It took him a moment to notice that he was moving, and a moment longer to realise he was infact floating.
"ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHH IM FLOATING!!!! LET ME DOWN NOW!!! LET ME DOWN!!!"
he started thrashing around, his arms flailing everywhere.
"PUT ME DOWN!!!!"
To his suprise he fell with a crash onto his face, his nose came into contact with the hard stone floor and he heard a sickening crack.
he rolled over and looked up to see two girls standing over him.
"there" one said, "you're down"
he rolled over and hid his face in his cloak. Girls were evil.
"go away" he moaned
"your injured" he heard a muffled voice say from the other side of the soft silk
"leave me alone"
he felt hands grab him and pull him to his feet
"are you ok?"
He recognised one of the girls, Angelina was a hufflepuff whom he happened to be on friendly terms with. Well, by friendly he meant that she didnt throw her meals at him and didnt take pleasure in forcing him to run around the common room acting like a chicken.
He heard a small splash and looked at his feet to see droplets of red falling from his nose
He took both hands and grabbed his nose tight tight, he didn't like blood.
The other girl was the girl he had met earlier
"Yesh" he said, "im fhyn"
"ok follow us to the common room" Angelina said
"A - Angelina?" Zebede asked meekly
"yes?"
"my does" Zebede said, his hands still holding his nose
"what?"
"my does!!! its doken!! fix my does!!"
Angelina understood.
"your nose, of course i forgot"

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 12:09:28 PM »
Willow watched as he nose mended itself, always facincating to see healing spells or so she thought.
"What are you looking at?" the boy snapped grumpily
She didn't bother to reply and just followed Angelina into the common room where professor sprout was.
"My dear, where have you been? We've been looking everywhere for you?" she cried but not in a harsh way, she did remind Willow of the kind mother she never had.
"Oh, i'm sorry. It's just erm..." her words died in her throat, everyone was staring at her.
"Now dear,I'll show you your room." said sprout, "Oh, Angelina, why don't you instead?"
"Erm, ok." said Angelina, "Come on, er what's your name?"

Offline Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 12:21:46 PM »
"Willow."
Angelina nodded and then said, "Follow me. The dorms are this way." She walked towards the furthest staircase on the left of the room. She bounded up the stairs in her usual manner as Willow followed her less actively. A door with the sign "4th years" was opened and Angelina span round with a "tada" and then looked at a bed that seemed cleaner and freser than the others. "That wasn't here before." she muttered, looking confused. Willow coughed. "Oh yeah, sorry I can be a bit dumb at times." she told the new girl. She stood on the sides of her fee (a nervous habit of hers) and looked at Willow. "So ... " she began.  "This is where you will be staying. Like it?"
Willow murmured a silent yes.
"Don't worry about Hogwarts, I'm sure you'll fit in fine here. We have all sorts of strange and wonderful people here. Wanna go back downstairs?" Angelina said quickly, and walked briskly to the door. Willow nodded and followed back down to the hustle and bustle that was the Hufflepuff common room.

Offline Plummer

• Gryffindor
  • First-year Student
  • I am a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 12:30:25 PM »
Zebede went straight to the corner of the room and sat alone, even the majority of hufflepuff thought he was a reject. He sat in silence thinking about the events of the day when he noticed Angelina and the new girl come down the stairs, he started to get up but instead sank back into his chair, what would girls like them want to do with a loser like himself?

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 12:38:51 PM »
"Should we go over to the nose guy?" whispered Willow.
"Angelina giggled, "His names Zebede and yeah, he looks like he could do with someone to talk to."
"I don't want to scare him again."
"You won't," said Angelina, "Trust me."
"Hi Zebede!" the girls chorused, smiling and trying to look friendly. Wiilow secretly wondered if he'd pee himself if she touched him.
"Uh, hi." he said surprised, they sat down.
Willow iobseved him, he was small with brown hair, freckles and bad teeth.
(ooc, don't worry, plummer told me what he looked like, I'm not creating his character for him!)
"So, what do you know about hogwarts?" asked Willow.
"Um..." what did he know?

Offline Plummer

• Gryffindor
  • First-year Student
  • I am a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 12:46:13 PM »
"i know what you shouldnt do and thats talk to me, i wouldnt want to corrupt you"
"what do you mean?" willow inquired
"how shall i put this... im not the most popular person at hogwarts"
"Awww... im sure its not that bad" Willow said sympathetically
"you dont know what i have to put up with! you dont know what its like..."
Zebede was taking deep breaths and was obviously really upset. After a moment he calmed down.
"im sorry, i didnt mean to get mad, i'll be fine"
"its ok, and besides, your a alright person"
"really?" Zebede looked like he was about to cry
"no ones ever said that to me while i've been here, i thought i had no friends"

Offline Christine

• Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 02:56:29 PM »
Christine, having just finished with Care of Magical Creatures, walked quickly into the Hufflepuff common room.  She had intended to find something to soothe the nasty burn she had received from one of Hagrid's notorious Blast-Ended Skrewts.  Maybe Essence of Murtlap, she had been thinking.

Lost in thought, she didn't realize she was walking right towards a small group of people until she actually stepped on one of their toes.  "Oww!" exclaimed the only person in the group Christine didn't recognize, a girl that looked to be about her age.  Next to her were Angelina and Zebede.  She talked to Angelina often, and although she recognized Zebede, she couldn't remember ever talking to him.  He mostly kept to himself as far as she had seen.

"Sorry!"  Christine said, backing up a little and looking at the new girl.  "Um, are you new?"  

"Yeah, I'm Willow." the girl replied, somewhat apprehensively.

"Hi!  I'm Christine, nice to meet you.  I don't make a habit of treading on people's feet, I promise."  Christine said, offering a friendly smile and extending her hand.

Willow took her hand and briefly shook it.  "So, what year are you in?" Christine asked.  

"I'm in fourth." she replied.  Christine noticed she had a vague accent, probably French.

"Really?  So am I!  That means we'll be in the same dorm room!"

[OOC: Does your character have a French accent?  I noticed that you said she transferred from a French school.  If she doesn't I can change it.]
"Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"
                                                            -Obi-Wan, Star Wars

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005, 03:53:12 PM »
(OOc, nah, i like the idea of sounding foreign!  ;D, sorry about this depressing entry by the way!)
"Really? Oh, I'm glad. Are the girls nice in the dorm?" Willow inquired.
"As nice as you can get!" said Christine, she hoped Willow didn't have any personoality clashes with the other girls.
"Good, I hope we will have alot of fun together." Willow looked around, hufflepuff seemed like a bunch of lovely people but she was very tired, "Well, I am fatigued, excuse me I must unpack."
Slowly she climbed the stairs to her dorm to find her various trunks on the bed. Sighing, she opened the largest and started to pull out an assortment of strange foreign clothes. All of them beautiful in their own sense, they reminded Willow of her old life and a deep sadness whlled up inside her. Clutching, her favourite dress, she stared into space.

Offline Plummer

• Gryffindor
  • First-year Student
  • I am a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005, 04:50:56 PM »
"well that was a quick exit" said Zebede, "i think one of you should go see if she is alright"
He then realised he was talking to girls and he felt his ears start to redden.
"anyway, i dont believe we've really talked much before" said Christine.
"um... yeah i guess not" Zebede replied. He wondered how much more he could take before he ran away into his dorm.
"well, im really tired too, i think i should go to sleep"
Zebede walked off as fast as he could without it looking unnatural and as soon as he got into the dorm he collapsed in a heap on his bed.
However he couldn't sleep, his mind was too full of questions to even begin to think about sleeping.
Who was this new girl? why were people suddenly talking to him? did he have friends? what the heck was this giant mushroom he kept thinking about?
He thought long and hard into the morning until sleep finally took him.
Once again he dreamed of a giant mushroom and a firefly, the firefly circled the mushroom and the mushroom appeared to be in a room somewhere... maybe hogwarts?

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2005, 05:04:43 PM »
All through the night, Willow was having her own unpleassant dreams. After Angelina and Christine had come up to check on her and they had all fallen asleep, she had just lay there until around half past one when exaustion had set in and her eyelid clamped shut.
She dreamt she went back to France, to the chateau she used to live in except it had the great hall there and hufflepuff common room. She ran from room to room, searching desperately for her parents. Behind door she found monsters, one she opened to a giant spider whilst another lead to a lion with a bloodied corpse in its mouth. Then she came to the lake, un derneath the murky waters she saw corpses.
In the morning she awoke drenched in sweat, panting with fear, her eyes abnormally wide. None of the other girls were awake yet and one of them had a serious snoring problem though Willow couldn't work out which one. Smelling herslef, she decided she had better have a shower.
After a lovely ice cold shower where the shower head spurted out suddnenly with wonderful glugging and gurgling noises (magicla plumbing really had alot to answer for), she slipped back into the dorm, dripping on the worn carpet. Her room mates were still asleep, she sighed, dressed in her new uniform and went down stairs to the common room to relax in those comy recliner chairs.

Offline Sirius Black

• Resident Bum
  • Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2005, 11:59:55 PM »
Sirius scuttled by her, making sure not to let his tail alert her, in search of an old friend or two from back in the day.  He was unsuccessful, however, in finding an old buddy to talk to in this particular area, and ran off to find some familiar faces...

Offline SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2005, 01:15:45 AM »
[OOC: I'm almost reluctant to join this RP because people seem to run away every time I enter a thread. I promise not to (seriously) hurt anyone this time, though! ;D]

Meanwhile, Shelly had her arms so full of old, non-working broomsticks from the Quidditch Pitch that she could hardly see where she was going. She had been assigned the task of testing all of the school's stock of brooms and weeding out the ones that no longer worked. She had jumped eagerly at the task, glad for the excuse to get back in the air, but she was starting to wish she hadn't. It had taken ages to test every one of the school's seventy-odd brooms. She had put each to a fixed test--flying up to the top of the North Tower to test their altitude control, twice around the lake to test turn radii, made a sharp descent to the wall and a quick stop to check the brakes. It had been fun running through the obstacle course the first few times, but it had rather lost its excitement by the twentieth go, and Shelly had positively loathed the task after the fourth time she had been unable to make the broom brake and crashed to the ground.

The brooms that had failed the test were to go to a storage room where they would be kept to use in the case of an emergency, but the awkward shape made them difficult to carry. They kept falling out of Shelly's arms, which rather added to her annoyance. On the whole, Shelly would be glad to get back to her cot and fall asleep. At this thought, Shelly shifted the brooms to a different position and checked her watch. It was 8:30 AM. Shelly knew she shouldn't have waited until evening to begin her task. Completely not paying attention to her surroundings, Shelly turned a corner and bumped into something hard, causing her to stumble backward and drop all the brooms. "Hey!" she said aggressively. "Why don't you watch where you're goi..."

Shelly's words trailed off into nothingness when she saw who she was speaking to. A dog? What was a big black dog doing at Hogwarts? And come to think of it, this dog looked awfully familiar, though from where, she couldn't quite remember.

[OOC: You are in animagus form, right Sirius? The word 'tail' kind of tipped me off. ;D]
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Offline Plummer

• Gryffindor
  • First-year Student
  • I am a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2005, 11:14:39 AM »
Zebede woke early the next morning after hearing a noise on the stair case outside, the sun was up so he decided to go for a walk, it wasnt often that he had the chance to walk around and think. He went and took a shower which refreshed him and changed into his robes for the day. He walked out to see the new girl sat in a chair looking rather sorry for herself. Zebede wanted to talk to her but he found it so embarrasing. He decided that since they were alone he'd go talk, he took a few nervous steps and paused. She had noticed he was there, no turning back now. He walked up and sat in a chair next to her
"Morning" Zebede said rather sheepishly
"Hi" Replied Willow, she sounded rather upset.
"Willow? are you alright?"

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2005, 11:23:13 AM »
"Just tired," she sniffed, she knew she looked awful, pale skin never went well with dark grey shadows under the eyes.
"Yeah you look it," said Zebede, "Nightmares."
She shruggged with a lopsided ironic grin, "To be expected, you know, new school, new people, new nightmares."
"Yeah, know what you mean." said Zebede rather cheerfully for the subject. I'm talking to a girl, he thought, and she doesnt hate me!
"Hey, I'm hungry, could you show me where we eat?" said Willow.
"Sure!" said Zebede, "Lets go to the great hall!"
Upon reaching the hall, Willow had to stop for a moment to take in its sheer size, the long tables seemed to stretch on for eternity and the aroma of english food made her stomach grumble. Zebede steered her over to the hufflepuff table and watched in shock as the girl consumed enough food to fill an army

Offline Sirius Black

• Resident Bum
  • Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005, 12:08:39 PM »
Meanwhile, Sirius was comtemplating how best to handle this incredible akward situation.

"Well, I want to hear it.  Who let you in here anyway? *sneezes* Probably Mad or someone as a bad joke.  They all know how- how  *sneeze!* ...allergic I am to dogs!" Complained SS.

Sirius tilted his head to the side, and decided honesty was the best answer, "Well it's not the easiest thing to explain, SS, but I'm Siruis... see I'm an animagus.... This is my dog form!" However, due to Sirius' frightenment at being smacked in the nose with a broomstick at the same time as being stepped on, he forgot he was speaking dog still. All SS heard was, "Bark, Bark, Ruff."

SS gave a startled look, and said (between sneezes), "Well, a very good joke it was I guess. However I'm off to see McGonogall and report you, you little furry nusience. And hopefull get Mad in some trouble..."

SS hurried off around the corner, accidently dropping numerous broomsticks as she sneezed and tried to wipe her nose.  Sirius merely chuckled to himself, and hurried off to a hiding spot to switch back to his... more acceptable form.

Offline Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2005, 01:48:33 PM »
Angelina bounded into the Great Hall, and sat down across from Zebede and Willow. "Morning!" she half-shouted, and people around her winced. She then looked at the food and decided to have sausages, bacon and baked beans for breakfast. She ate some baked beans and said through a mouthful, "Ah, baked beans, the best bean of them all. Sure, you can have your runner beans and uh, all the other beans, but nothing beats baked beans!" She stared at her next forkful. "They're an enigma wrapped in a bean. And covered with the greatest sauce ever!" she then started cutting up her sausages, and looked up. "Don't get me started on sausages." she smiled, and took a bite. "Mmm. So, what lesson do we have first?" she asked, staring intently at the bacon in front of her.

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2005, 02:01:29 PM »
"Erm," said Wiollow trying to  ignore what Angelina had just said, " Defence against the dark arts."
"Great!" said Angelina, the boy next to her put in some ear plugs, "I love that, did you know...."
Zebede and Willow exchanged glances as Angelina went into long and rather perculiar descriptions about how Kelpies and gnomes  both release alot of methane into the air adding to global warming.
"... yes and the muggles have some stupid idea it was CFCs in their fridges, I mean how daft is that..."
Willow started on her second helping of fried eggs, whilst Zebede got out a book.
"...you should have heard the row when the prime minister found out it was us, ofcourse I didnt hear it either but it did sound mighty..."
The whole table sighed, it was going to be a long breakfast.

Offline Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2005, 02:12:30 PM »
As the fourth year Hufflepuffs made their way to Defence against the Dark Arts, Angelina was explaining her theory on why the sky was blue. "See, muggles think it's something about dust particles, but how can dust be blue? See, it's really just the magical aura of the world - like Mars, Mars has a pink sky, because that's the colour of its aura. So if you had seas on Mars, they'd be pink seas! How cool is that?" the others sighed, and were glad to see that they were approaching the Defence classroom. Angelina saw this and promptly stopped her rambling, only to start rambling about Defence Against the Dark Arts.
"Hey, do you think we'll be learning about werewolves again? I get the basic differences between a normal wolf and a werewolf, but the difference between their smells? Doesn't everything smell the same?" Angelina sat down at the front of the class, and beckoned for Willow and Zebede to sit next to her. "Come on, you won't be able to see anything worthwhile from rows two onwards!"

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2005, 02:22:17 PM »
With growing earache, Willow slumped down into her seat. Snape entered quietly yet the whole classromm turned to attention.
"Oh no." groaned Zebedie.
"It appears we have a new stupid, Willow? I it?" he said with a sneer.
Her stomach did several; flipflops.

Offline Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2005, 02:28:49 PM »
Angelina inwardly groaned. She had forgotten that Snape had finally become teacher of her favourite subject. She wasn't going to allow that to dissuade her though, and looked eagerly to the front of the class.

Snape turned to her, and smirked. "Why, Miss Tonks, I do hope that you are not as incompetent an imbecile in Defence Against the Dark Arts as you are at Potions." Angelina flushed, but lifted her head in determination.
"No sir." Snape sneered at her and insulted at least half of the class before he began his lesson.

By the time the bell rang Angelina had forgotten why she loved Defence Against the Dark Arts so much. Snape just made it sound morbid.

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2005, 02:45:16 PM »
"Don't worry!" said Willow trying to cheer Angelina up, " Its herbology next, thats fun!"
"Yeah I spose." said Angelina, "Actually did you know..."
"Yes." butted in Zebede.
"What?" asked Angelina puzzled.
"We do know so you don't have to tell us."
The rest of the day tey had peace and quiet, until some idiot mentioned owls at supper and everyone was soon taught the owls sleeping plan courtesy of Angelina.

Offline Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2005, 02:53:27 PM »
" ... and that's only on weekdays, because on weekends, well that's a whole different story - "
"So don''t tell us now!" A fifth year near Angelina snapped.
"What?" Angelina asked, slightly unhappy about being interrupted. The fifth year flinched slightly after being elbowed by a friend.
"I mean, tell us about that another time because it's a different story and so it needs a separate time to be told at?" he said with a quetsioning tone, before turning around and glaring at his friend.
Angelina shrugged. "Okay. So how was your first day at school?" she asked Willow.

Offline Christine

• Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2005, 03:55:31 PM »
Christine was practically running to the Great Hall for dinner.  She had had the bright idea to try and start some of her Potions essay for Slughorn before dinner, but had lost track of time trying to find every ingredient in Wolfsbane and what its prominence is.  The result was that she was half an hour late for dinner and her stomach was growling like mad.

She stepped over the threshold of the hall and immediately knew what was happening.  Every one at the Hufflepuff table was looking at Angelina, and all as if they were trying to figure what jinx would be most effective.  She was on one of her rants again.

Angelina was just ending a story, apparently having something to do with owls.  Christine took a seat next to Willow.  

"It was pretty good."  said Willow in answer to Angelina's question.  "But is there something wrong with that Snape bloke?"

"Too many things to name."  Christine said, digging into food at last.  "Just be glad you didn't have him for Potions, he was loads worse teaching that."
"Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"
                                                            -Obi-Wan, Star Wars

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2005, 05:07:40 PM »
Elsewhere...

Shelly rubbed at her watering eyes, a task made about fifty times more difficult due to the brooms she was carrying. Dogs! How she hated dogs! This was obviously just another stupid prank someone was pulling--people kept doing odd things like that since... well, whatever. It didn't matter anyways. Shelly stumbled down a flight of stairs, and stopped at her office on the way to drop the brooms off temporarily. It wasn't safe to leave them on the ground, some stupid student might steal them or kick them or... Shelly shook herself mentally. She was starting to sound an awful lot like Filch. At that thought, Shelly stopped walking. She did seem a lot like Filch lately. She had been growing ever more bitter toward the students who seemed to enjoy seeing Shelly irritated. She had even taken to mumbling to herself when she thought nobody could hear. A frown crossed Shelly's face, and she resolved to gain back her happy-go-lucky personality, one way or another. But that could wait until that accursed dog was out of the castle.

Shelly, glad to be free of her cumbersome burden, made an attempt at her old skip to the Great Hall, and wound up just stubbing her toe on a banister. Grumbling and limping slightly, she flung open the doors and walked up to where the teachers were enjoying dinner. She saw a group of Hufflepuffs look at Shelly with apprehension, so Shelly struggled to rearrange her face into something that looked a bit more pleasant.

Five minutes later, Professor McGonagall and Shelly were walking back to the location where the dog had been sighted. Once there, however, the beast was nowhere to be found. "Well, when you locate this dog, please be so kind as to remove it to the outdoors yourself," said McGonagall curtly. Shelly stuck her tongue out at the Professor's back and turned around so as to go back to her office and collect her brooms. Shelly received a shock when she found she was face-to-face with Sirius! "I-uh.. Sirius!!" Shelly exclaimed.

Shelly began to feel some of the familiar butterflies she always encountered when speaking to Sirius. She always loved the way his dark hair fell around his face, and he was known for being almost as troublesome as Shelly herself. How could she help but be attracted? Shelly, however, bit her lip and said (in a good impersonation of her usual voice) "Hey, Sirius! Seen any dogs around here?"
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2005, 06:17:38 AM »
"I heard he was a deatheater." said Willow quietly.
"Yeah, I heard that too, but I mean Dumbledore wouldn't keep him here if he was, dumbledores off his rocker but hes definitely not stupid." Christine said in a hushed voice, she didnt want to spread any more panic than there already was in hogwarts.
"I wouldnt be too sure of that," Zebede muttered.
"What do you mean by that?" Angelinas voice boomed out.
"Shhhhhh!" chorused the others.
"SORRY! ooops, I mean sorry."
"Dumbledores too trusting and Snapes a really good wizard and maybe a good actor too, even Dumbledore makes mistakes." explained Zebede.
"So you think theres a deatheater at hogwarts?" asked Christine.
"I think theres more than one." said Willow.
They all turned to look at the slytherin table, they knew of many of their parents being deatheaters but their class mates? Was it possible?

Offline Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2005, 04:09:33 PM »
"So, who do you think will win the Gryffindor vs Slytherin game?" Angelina said, hoping to change the subjct. She never did like anything pessimistic.
"What game?" Willow asked.
"Oh, we have Quidditch matches between the houses, and the first game is always between Slytherin and Gryffindor." Angelina explained.
"I think Gryffindor will win." Zebede said. "After all, they've got Harry Potter on their team." anyone listening murmured their agreement.
"So, is anyone going to go for tryouts? I'm thinking of trying for a chaser!" Angelina all but shouted. Everyone looked at her in disbelief, but she had already turned her attention to the mashed potatoes on her plate. "They better not be lumpy ... "

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2005, 05:07:38 PM »
Wiilow piled her plate high with lumpy mashed potatoes and felt a delicious thrill of excitement, "I hope you are a chaser, from what I hear hufflepuff could do with some changes in its team." Willow whispered, praying no one in the team was nearby.
"yeah, it would so great to thrash slytherin, you ever played a position?" asked Angelina.
"At my last school I was a beater!" said Willow excitedly.
Peoples eyebrows rose, trying to imagine Willows tiny frame carrying a bat.
"Cool!" said Angelina.
"I think we should make a poster for the game, you know to annoy the slytherins, we could like draw a big lion and put GO GRIFFINDOR on it, ooh or a lion eating a snake, you know like enchant it!" Willow and Angelina rushed away from the table to go find willows painting set.
An hour later, they beamed down throught paint framed eyes at their "masterpiece". A lion with a serpant writhing under its left paw, roared silently and the waords "Go Griffindor" and " Slaughter Slytherin" faded in and out repetedly.
"Its beautiful." sniffed Wilow.

Offline Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2005, 01:21:40 PM »
Angelina almost cried. "We made it! Wow, it looks so good!" she then looked at her hands and uniform. "So let's get washed up and put the poster somewhere for safekeeping!" Willow nodded excitedly, and they hid the poster in Angelina's trunk before making their way to the bathroom to get cleaned up.

That Sunday (the first Sunday at Hogwarts for Willow), the match between Gryffindor and Slytherin began. Angelina and Willow had the poster rolled up between them, waiting for the opportune moment for them to lift up the banner to encouage the Gryffindors and annoy the Slytherins. Gryffindor had scored already, but Slytherin had yet to get ten points for their team. One of the Slytherin chasers had the Quaffle and was racing towards the goals. This was their chance. Angelina and Willow looked at each other and grinned evilly, grabbed the poster and levitated it into the air as it unrolled (neither were tall enough to hold it from the top without being able to show the whole poster). The bright flash of colour distracted the Slytherin and a Gryffindor chaser snatched the Quaffle from him. Angelina and Willow high-fived each other whilst the Slytherins looked on in fury. In fact, the Slytherin beaters looked absolutely furious at them, but neither had noticed due to the fact that they were now watching in delight as the poster lion made the snake do a little dance.

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2005, 01:33:59 PM »
[OOC: Is it just me, or should this thread be in the Great Hall? I think I'll go ask Ping if I should move it. Pardon my moderatorial newbie-ness.]

Before Sirius could speak, however, Shelly made a noise halfway between a squeak and a scream and glanced out the window. The match had started, and she wasn't even there! She hadn't missed a Quidditch game since her third year when she had been in the hospital wing (some residual effects from a duel she had had with a Ravenclaw sixth year.) Shelly grabbed Sirius by the hand and dashed off, down the stairs, and out the door. She pushed Sirius up the stairs until she found the last two chairs available in the Gryffindor stands, and sat down to watch the match. Gryffindor were now twenty points up and Shelly let out a whoop of excitement as the new Gryffindor Keeper pulled a fantastic save. The team hadn't quite been the same since Shelly was kicked off, but, Shelly grudgingly admitted, they had managed to find a very good replacement.

Shelly glanced at Sirius and tried to read the look on his face. Was he angry at being violently shoved up the steps? Or merely concentrating very hard on the match? Shelly put the matter out of her mind and watched as a bludger nearly unseated the Slytherin seeker.

Offline Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2005, 01:55:21 PM »
The bludger, after missing the seeker, headed straight for Angelina and Willow, who ducked when it zoomed past, barely missing them. Angelina could have sworn it had ripped some of her hair out. She then looked up at the poster, only to see a bludger-sized hole where the Lion's head had been.
"They ruined our poster! THEY RUINED OUR POSTER!" Angelina screamed. "I can't believe they ruined our poster!" She sat down and flicked her wand, and half of the poster flopped, whilst the other remained in the air. It looked like a torn flag blowing in the wind. Angelina huffed, folding her arms and Willow flicked her wand to make the poster drop into a pile at their feet. Angelina was angry and upset after putting so much effort into the poster, and Willow, unknowing to what happened when you talked to an upset and angry Angelina let her sulk in her chair.

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2005, 02:14:51 PM »
Willow looked bitterly now, what she would do to have that slytherin within cursing distance, anger bubbled up inside her sending an angry blush to her cheeks.
"Stupid slytherins!" she cried, "Think they're all that!"
Another bludger whooshed towards her but she ducked in the nick of time, thinking it wiser to be quiet she scowled down into her lap.
"And griffindor takes the quaffle, that Katie really knows whats she's doing, oh but, oh good she dodges that quafles and oh yes SHE SCORES! 70-30 to GRIFFINDOR!"
In the end, griffindor won which was a huge relief to Willow because she didn't know what she would have done if those smug slytherins had. Wlaking back to the castle with Angelina, she silently fumed at the cheek of it. Was she not allowed to have her own say? Angrily she threw a spell at a nearby tree and embedded the words "SLYTHERIN STINK!" in its trunk, petty she knew but it helped with her anger.
"Oi, what do you think you're doing?" cried an angry and unpleasant voice, Willow and Angelina turned round in horror to come face to face with a large sixth former.
"Um." said Willow.

Offline Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2005, 02:24:44 PM »
"We're just walking, that's what we're doing." Angelina informed him in a falsely cheerful voice. She recognised the wizard as one of the Slytherin beaters. He snorted.
"Oh yeah? Well how come your friend here just spelled a tree if you were "just walking"?" he asked. He talked very slowly and deliberately.
"Accidental flick of the wand." Angelina said, brushing off the comment easily. The older boy seemed to understand this, and they began to walk off.
"Wait a second - you two were the ones that had that poster!" he shouted after them, and began to walk towards them, his bulky body creating a large shadow over them. They gulped.
"Run." Angelina advised Willow, and they did.

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2005, 02:44:36 PM »
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" cried the girls as the boy chased after them, his large lumpy (?!) figure closing in on them.
"Why are we shouting wa?" asked Willow.
Angelina shrugged as her legs sprinted on, "Dunno, it sounds good though."
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
As they ran, they were hidden by the gentle thickening of tres and the slight mist around them, the boy seemed to have disappeared and so they stopped to take a breath.
"Where...he...go?" panted Willow.
"where .. we .. go?" cried Angelina through gasps.
They both looked at eachother in horror.
"This looks like..."
"But it can't be..?"
"Surely we wouldn't be so...?"
"I think we're in THE FORBIDDEN FOREST!"
"Oooh, I was thinking the same, snap and jinx!"
"Angelina?"
"yes......"
"Shut up before I make you."

Offline Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2005, 02:53:47 PM »
Angelina stuck her tongue out, but quickly withdrew it and jumped at the sound of snapping twigs. She looked at Willow, wide-eyed. "What was that?"
Both looked around them, scared, but in the end Angelina kept turning around and ended up looking like a dog chasing its tail. She stood still, and started wobbling.
"Woah, I'm dizzy." she staggered over to a tree and put her hand on it. Several fairy-like creatured appeared from somewhere out of the tree and Angelina looked at them happily. "Hey, it's a fairy! Oh no." she said when she realised that it was covered in fur. "Doxy. DOXY! RUN! RUN LIKE YOU NEVER HAVE BEFORE!" she shouted at Willow and started running in a wobbly line, still dizzy. "SAVE YOURSELF! GO WITHOUT ME! I'LL MAKE IT MYSELF, OR NOT!" Willow was quite away ahead of her, and Angelina was panicking. "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" she cried, whilst running. After all, it seemed like the most logical thing to do.

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2005, 03:04:43 PM »
Willow cursed as she tripped over, tearing her new robes, stumbling up she realised she'd dropped her wand.
"My wand! My wand!" she cried as Angelina ran past going "WAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
She heard a snigger and looked up with growing dread to see a doxy grasping her wand.
"Oh no! Oh.. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" she cried as she ran, dodging the hot pink sparks that erupted from the armed doxy.
Nearby a tree caught fire and she had to swerve to miss the think black puddles the crazy doxy was creating with her wand.
"Angeliiiiiiina! The doooooooooxys got my waaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!" she howled.
"Nooooooooo way!" she heard Angelina call back.
"Yeeeeeeeees way!" she shouted back.
Catching up, she grapped Angelina with her hand over the other girls mouth and hid behind a tree. Confused, the doxy stayed for a moment making cute "Er!" sounds then Wilow [pounced.
It was stronger than it looked as she wrestled with the maniacal monster, and her wnad came to close to her face several times.
"Angelina freeze it!" she cried.

Offline Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2005, 03:21:55 PM »
"Impedimenta!" Angelina yelled, freezing the doxy. Willow retrieved her wand from the doxy, and they began to try and trace their steps backwards and avoid other doxies at the same time. Unfortunately, they ended up deeer in the forest, where it was more dense and they could barely see a couple of metres in front of them.
"Whadda we do? Whadda we do?" Angelina slurred in a high pitched, panicky voice. "We're lost, we're lost and it's almost dark - "
"It's barely past 11 in the morning." Willow said exasperatedly.
"We're lost, we're lost and it's almost lunchtime!" Angelina said, even more worried than before. "And it was Tortilla Saturday! TORILLA SATURDAY!" she fell to her knees, head in her hands. "The food ... Think of the food ... " she shook her head. "No!" she shouted, and stood up, whilst Willow regarded her with amusement. "We must fight the dangers of the forest and prevail. WE WILL PREVAIL!" she walked determinedly forwards, and Willow stupidly followed her.

What seemed to be hours later, Willow said: "I think we're lost."
Angelina shook her head. "We're not lost. It's just the rest of the world that doesn't know where we are." Willow shrugged.
"Let me find the way. Point me." she said, and watched her wand point to the right. "Hogwarts is in the north, isn't it?" Angelina shrugged and they walked down an imaginary walkway to the right of them.

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2005, 03:32:31 PM »
"Are we nearly there yet?"
"No."
"Are we nearly there yet?"
"No."
"Are we.."
"No, we are not, we don't even know where we are meant to be! We are lost, lost!!! And my favourite necklace just broke." Willow snapped and then started to whimper, it had been such a lovely necklace...
Angelina put an hand on her shoulder, "Its OK, I feel your loss, I too an suffering. Saturdays just aren't the same without tortillas."
She let out a sob and mumbled something about tortillas.
Willow lifted her head from her hands and then thrust herself into a dramatic pose, in a loud heroic voice she cried, "Do not fear we shall prevail! Where ever there is darkness, we shall illuminate it! Where ever sadness we shall make ourselves giddy with these lovely red mushrooms that grow beneeath our very feet and where ever hunger we shall nibble upon the every flavoured beans I have in my pocket! Nothing can beat us Huffies!"
Angelina stood there admiring her until Willows pants fall down.
"Willow, you're..."
Willow turned pink and pulled tham back up, "That does not matter, we shall still prevail!"
"About those beans..."
"Yes?"
"Can I have some?"

Offline Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2005, 04:12:21 PM »
"Not yet. Not until we are starved, and our ribs are sticking out real bad." Willow said in a condescending tone.
"Awww!" Angelina moaned. She felt her ribs, and smiled smugly. "I'm halfway there." she muttered as they carried on walking and checking their direction every so often. The trees were starting to spread out more, maing the two witches happier. Even if they didn't arrive near Hogwarts, they were still near to a clearing of some sort.
"Let's play I spy!" Angelina suddenly shouted, and Willow groaned. "You go first!" Angelina ordered Willow.
"I spy with my little eye ... " she said with a bored voice, and looked around. " ... something beginning with "T""
"Turtle? Tortoise? Tarantula? Troll? Tinkerbell?" Angelina guessed, her words flying off of her tongue at 100mph. Willow sighed.
"Come on Angelina, this one's really easy." Angelina stopped for a moment.
"So it's not a turtle, a tortoise, a tarantula, a troll or a tinkerbell?" she asked, counting them on her fingers. Willow shook her head no.
"What about a ton-tongue toffee? A normal toffee? A tangerine? A tortilla?" she added the last one hopefully.
"No! Angelina, you're practically staring it in the face!" Willow said angrily, stamping her foot. Angelina's face lit up in realisation.
"A Twillow." she said smugly, and folded her arms. Willow looked at her in disbelief.
"A what!?"
"A Twillow." Angelina told her. "You said I was staring it in the face, and I was looking at you, so obviously you spied a Twillow." Willow laughed.
"No, it's not a twillow." Willow told her, but then saw Angelina's dejected face. "Good guess though." And Angelina's face brightened.
"It really was, wasn't it?" she then jumped and pointed at a tree. "Tree! Tree!"
Willow nodded. "Well done!" she said, clapping. Angelina looked at her angrily.
"Don't interrupt me." she snapped. "Tree! Tree! Tree! I swear, that tree just moved. Look! It moved again! MOVING TREE!"
Willow groaned. What now?

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2005, 07:48:52 AM »
"Angelina, trees do not move." Willow soothed patronisingly (is that even a word?!).
"That one does!" Angelina said knowingly, and pointed.
"Where, which one?", Willow turned around on the spot, glancing around utterly confused, "Angelina, you're making it up... or seeing things..."
Angelina gasped, "I am not, look there it is again, oooo theres another one, I wonder if its female."
"TREES DO NOT HAVE GENDERS!" Willow bawled, "O my.. that tree just moved!"
"I told you so."
"Shut up."
"OK"
The girls watched on in horror as the trees closed in on them whilst chanting a strange mystical tune that probably derived from the druids, it went like this "Baaa ram ewe, baaaa ram ewe, sheep be true and sheep be ewe, baaaa ram ewe!"
"Its so terribly beautiful." whimpered Willow with tears in her eyes, "I wish I knew what it meant."
"Are they going to eat us?" Angelina whispered, well she tried to but it was more like loud talking.
"Aren't they herbivores?" asked Willow hopefully.
"Ew! No, that would be canibalism!" gasped Angelina shocked.
"Of course," sighed Willow, "How stupid of me."