Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
Moving
« on: June 27, 2005, 08:34:46 AM »

I hate moving. A lot. I hate packing, I hate having to rent a uhaul because I have too much stuff, I hate the uncertainty of knowing if I'll like the new place or not....

Mostly, though, I hate having to be the responsible one right now. Kristen is out of town and Kami is young and doesn't know anyone, so finding a place and a fourth roommate is pretty much all my responsibility. SCARY! Very stressful. I've had several nibbles on the fourth person hook, but no bites yet. If we can get a fourth person, we can do this easily. If not.... *shudder*
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Marold

• Slytherin
  • Sixth-year
  • We are better than you
    • View Profile
Re: Moving
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 02:50:24 PM »

If you don't mind me asking, but why are you moving? oOoh and to where?  Do we get to throw you a house warming party?
Over Grown Teenagerhttp://players.gamernic.com/Guinastasia/mydolls.html

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 03:51:30 PM »

Because our lease is up, and neither Kristen or I want to keep living with Kristi, 'cause she's a spaz. So we're moving to Centreville, which is another 10 or so miles from where I work. Which around here probably means another half hour or so. Blah!

But we might actually have four people, and we'll probably be able to find a place, so here's hoping!
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Marold

• Slytherin
  • Sixth-year
  • We are better than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 04:33:14 PM »

sounds like lots of fun.  I hope you can get the 4th person. 

my brother and sister-in-law just moved into a new house.  they thought their other one was too small.  ::)
Over Grown Teenagerhttp://players.gamernic.com/Guinastasia/mydolls.html

SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 02:25:06 AM »

I hate the moving process, too. But I wouldn't mind moving out of my house right about now. Our house really is too small, or at least it feels like it. My parents opted to get a lot of property rather than a particularly nice house, so now we just have a whole lot of useless land that we aren't living on, while we're cramped in this little box. It's irritating. Ah, well. This time next year I'll be (almost) off to college. Then I get to live in a little dorm box instead of a little house box! Yay...
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Christine

• Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 09:23:20 AM »

I actually love moving.  It gives me a chance to clean out all my stuff!  Otherwise it all just accumulates and I never get rid of anything.

As for houses, mine is practically falling apart.  When we were looking for a house, my parents outright refused to by a new or close to new house, claiming that they had no "character."  My parents are a little odd.  Anyway, the result is a sixty-five year old house that's coming apart at the seams.  My dad comes home from work and we tell what broke that day.
"Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"
                                                            -Obi-Wan, Star Wars

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

AHD

• Hufflepuff
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 06:36:05 PM »

Don't like moving - I hate unpacking even more.  We still have boxes in the basement from when we moved 8 years ago that haven't been unpacked. 

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
  • Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 01:16:20 AM »

We do too!!  I am glad I am not alone.  I am not even sure what is in the boxes anymore.  I want to have a garage sale; I keep suggesting to my husband that we should sell the unpacked boxes as "mystery items" for $25.  If we haven't openend them/unpacked them, then we can't be in need of whatever the boxes hold.
Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up