Author Topic: Student Backgrounds 2  (Read 120 times)

Offline Christine

• Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
Student Backgrounds 2
« on: May 27, 2005, 11:08:43 PM »
Okay, I really like this idea, but the old thread is out of date.  So I thought I'd start a new one!  I'll start:

Hi! I'm Christine Hardie, and I'm a proud Hufflepuff. My father's side of the family is Scottish, and wizarding goes back in his family for so many generations that we just assume that he's pure blood. My mother is muggle born; both her parents were engineers for an automobile company. She teaches Charms at a small, private magic school in Scotland, and my dad works for the International Magical Cooperation branch of the Ministry of Magic.

As far as appearance, I'm fairly normal. A bit tall and skinny perhaps, I have brown hair and bright blue eyes. My eyesight is dreadful, so I wear glasses that you'll often see me pushing back up the bridge of my nose; they never want to stay up. I do very well in lessons, being considerably bright for my age. I also read a lot, which helps in classes. Although I don't go looking for trouble, it seems to find me of it's own accord fairly easily. Let's just say that I don't drive it away when it comes knocking. I don't play Quidditch, as I'm deathly afraid of heights, but I do participate in Dueling Club. And although there are a lot of us Huffies around, they seem to strand me in the common room a lot...

My favorite subjects at Hogwarts are definitely Defense Against the Dark Arts and Transfiguration. I have a pet tawny owl that my parents gave me for starting school, and his name is Brekkers. I'm only a second year here, but all the older students are great. Just have to remember to stay away from those Slytherin 6th and 7th years....*shudders* 
"Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"
                                                            -Obi-Wan, Star Wars

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Offline Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
Re: Student Backgrounds 2
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 03:34:07 PM »
*stumbles over the background* Er, um, oops! Take 15 points! :)
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
  • look into my eyes, you will do my bidding now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 08:58:56 AM »
OK heres my one, it might need some modifying after I develope my chracter more but heres a start!
My chracters name is Willow Elizabeth Hornfile and her parents are Lord Casper and Lady Elizabeth, both of them are wizards, yet neither work due to their status. There is an ongoing debate whether they are deatheaters or not and Willow really does not want to find out.
Her parents started off in England but moved to France where Willow attended a small private school until they moved back England and she went to hogwarts.
She is not a person easy to get on with, shes rather strange, daydreams alot, doesn't reallt smile and isn't very brave. Deep down she's a nice person but people don't often see that, also she's awful at keeping her head on in tricky circumstances. She's small, rather ill looking and has dark brown hair that she normally has in a pony tail, she also has large brown eyes that can be unnerving or kind, due to whats shes feeling. She is in huffelpuff but is abit of an outsider at the moment and all in all, wishing she was back in france.
She is an able witch (her stupidity only stretches to interacting with others) yet cannot control her powers when scared (basically she stands there doing nothing). Her favourite subjects are charms and transfiguration.
High ho! High ho! Off to boarding school I go.... The joys of life. Woopee.

Offline Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
  • Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 10:57:26 PM »
Excellent essay - take 15 points!
Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.