Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
Themes
« on: February 24, 2005, 10:28:35 PM »

I've got just two more themes to update. (Ravenclaw and the Prefect's Bathroom.) I think I've got the method down pretty good, but I really should be asleep right now, so the rest will have to wait until later. Meantime, tell me if you have any problems with the new layouts, and go post pictures in the gallery. :)
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
Re: Themes
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 10:19:29 PM »

Been messing with the themes again. This seems like it's going to be a regular thing whenever an upgrade happens. Hopefully I'll get it a bit more streamlined, but for now, it takes me a while.

I've also been working on buttons. In case you didn't notice. ;)

Anyway, if you have questions or problems with the themes and their buttons, please let me know, because I can't fix it if I don't know. :D

One Ping Only

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 08:03:53 PM »

I have mostly finished with the themes, besides a few changes. And I need to do buttons, but that will come more slowly.

One Ping Only

SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 02:42:25 PM »

If you need help with buttons, Ping, I have photoshop now and I could probably come up with something to match the color scheme and everything. I've been looking for an excuse to use Photoshop anyways. ^_^

The themes are lovely, by the way. Snaps for Ping!  ;D
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 04:12:52 PM »

Glad you like them! :D Any help with buttons would be great. I'm going to do the main theme, but if you want to start with Gryffindor, knock yourself out. ;) I can recommend some HP fonts, if you don't have them already. Or you can do it it non-HP fonts. Whichever. Feel free to go crazy. And if you want some feedback, don't forget the gallery for image-sharing. :)

One Ping Only

SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 04:57:19 PM »

Sounds like a plan. Any particular size you'd like, or shall I just guess-timate?

Also, I don't know if this is the place for it, but recently, all the topics for which I had email subscriptions quit working. I'm not sure if it's my fault or if it's happening to everyone...

EDIT: I've got four buttons in there. (Mark as Read, Notify, New Topic, New Poll.) They're pretty simple, and I didn't know what file format to save them under, so I used JPEG. I made them 100 X 25, just because it was the most immediately convenient size. Let me know if you like them (or if you think I should go back to Photoshop class. ;D) It'll be easy to fix anything you want, I only spent half an hour on them. ^^;;

I guess I'll go finish up the Gryffindor set and then see if you like them before I do more.

EDIT (again) Got Gryffindor done and uploaded, except I think I may have missed a few... I'll go check.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 05:56:22 PM by SeaShelly3 »
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 07:00:51 AM »

Ooops, forgot to say that they need to be .gifs, but no worries, as I can do conversion easily.

I'll try to get them put up today so you can take a look and see how they work against the theme.

*sways slightly* Right now, I think I'm going to go collapse back into bed...

One Ping Only

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 07:34:08 AM »

This thread has some other buttons that people have made. It's a good source for ideas for the buttons, too. :)

Shelly, still haven't put yours up yet. Been busy. *sigh*

One Ping Only

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 02:17:30 PM »

Got one of the buttons uploaded--it definitely needs to be a .gif so that we can get a transparent background. Any chance, too, of perhaps getting gold on red, to give Cho more of her scarlet? :)

One Ping Only

SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 03:35:10 PM »

Sure, that's simple. :) I'll save them all as .gifs this time, too. Sorry about that, I wasn't sure, and I forgot about jpegs not having transparent backgrounds.  :-[

Edit: I got them done, but I can't seem to upload .gifs to the gallery... should I put them on my photobucket account and post them, or email them to you, or what?

Come to think of it, though, I'm not sure about the color scheme. Here's an example... do you think it should be less maroon-y and more reddish?

Edit again... ACK, there's a bit of cutoff on these too... got to fix that... *dies* Also, would you like the little images on the buttons that they have in that thread, like the arrows and whatnot? I can do that, but it may take a little longer.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 04:16:07 PM by SeaShelly3 »

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 09:37:01 AM »

Oh, I forgot that it doesn't take gifs.

However works best for you to get them and send them. You should even be able to zip them and post the zip file here. :)

Um .... the themes have messed up, and I have no idea why, but I'm getting miffed at our host. If it's not better by this evening, I am going to yell at them. A lot.

One Ping Only

SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2005, 07:16:57 PM »

Hmm, I'm on a Mac now, and I'm not quite sure how to zip the file. I have StuffIt, which is supposed to do that kind of thing, but I don't know if it's compatible, and to be honest, I don't even know how to work it. I think I'll just email them to you, if that would be ok? Should I just use the email "ping@hogsmeade.us?"

Sorry this is taking so long, I've been slightly swamped.

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2005, 10:47:20 AM »

In case someone didn't notice, I have messed with the buttons. I think they turned out pretty okay. You may have to refresh to see the new ones. Again, this is just on the main theme, but maybe some day I'll expand my knowledge to work on other themes. :D

One Ping Only
Pages: [1]   Go Up