Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harry Potter Astrology  (Read 192 times)

SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
Harry Potter Astrology
« on: December 19, 2004, 03:47:43 PM »

Wow, this site is really neat. It's amazing how well this describes me.

HP Astrology

Here's what mine says, and tell me if it doesn't sound like it could be the biography of Shelly.

Gryffindor Sagittarius:

Gryffindors born under this sign are exuberant and full of good humour. They are intelligent, but often do not make the best of students, because they would rather be outside enjoying the fresh air or off studying on their own. They aren't good at diplomatic silence; if a teacher makes a mistake, the Gryffindor Sag will draw attention to it right away, usually loudly and in front of the entire class. At length. These students can get into trouble - their hot tempers make for easy dueling matches, and their impish senses of humour inspire a great many practical jokes. Still, they rarely mean anything malicious. They're too jovial to harbour malice. These Gryffindors are likeable extraverts, on good terms with practically everybody, and they generally do all right in the end. Many excellent Quidditch players come from this sign.

I love it!
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Cho Chung

• Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor and Gryffindor Prefect
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
  • Have you charmed your prefect today? :D
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Potter Astrology
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 09:40:03 PM »

Wow.  It's like someone decided to write your life story.  Dude, that's scary!

Mine, however, is not quite as accurate.  I don't think it describes me very much (and in some places definitely does not describe me at all!):

While not the bravest of Gryffindors, the Gryffindor Pisces still exhibits a quiet courage. They aren't afraid to face painful truths, if there really is no way of escaping them. These Gryffindors are deeply compassionate, and full of emotional strength, often becoming the unofficial counselors in the common room who everybody runs to for advice. They are romantic to an extreme; their minds are stuffed full of fairy tales, myths, and legends. They often spend more time daydreaming than doing their homework, to the vexation of their professors. Still, their daydreams do sometimes produce uncanny insights.

Suppose you can't win them all...

I honestly think the Capricorn one describes me a bit better.

Gryffindor

While not the most common sign for Gryffindors to be born under, the combination of Gryffindor aims with Capricorn traits results in wizards who are exceptionally well balanced. For once, here are Gryffindors who will not go charging off on quests without first making thorough preparations and arranging for backup. They are resourceful, well grounded, and self confident, hard workers, and extremely reliable. You can always trust a Gryffindor Capricorn's word; they will not only mean it when they say they will do something, they will follow through successfully. House Prefects often come from this sign, because they are responsible, good students, and natural leaders. What many people forget about the Capricorn is that although they are part goat, they are also part mermaid. That mermaid half represents all the fanciful dreams and lofty ambitions that the quiet Capricorn often hides beneath an unassuming surface. Perhaps Capricorns are sorted into this House because the House needs balance, but those hidden dreams and whimsies probably have a lot to do with it, too.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 09:45:20 PM by Cho Chung »
Birthdays are great.  Everyone should have them.

Xan

• Slytherin
  • Fifth-year
  • We are better than you
    • View Profile
    • Enter my lair ...
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 11:17:02 PM »

you beat me to it. :P

Mine is teh Slyth Sag:

Yes, Virginia, Sagittarians can get sorted into House Slytherin. And not always as Quidditch players, either, although there have been jokes made about how the Hat will sort big, tall Sags into Slytherin just to pad out the team. Slytherin Sagittarians are sorted primarily because of their ability to dream; these Sags have a vision, and with the support of their House, can channel their energies to great achievements. In return they give their House something priceless beyond rubies: a sense of perspective. Temporary failure is not humiliating to the Sagittarius Slytherin, merely a temporary setback in pursuit of a goal. They can laugh at themselves even when other people are laughing at them, and of course that turns the joke on the idiots who came up with it in the first place. (How devious.) Although bright, these Slytherins will coast through their classes if they can get away with it; they'd rather envision the future than attend to the details of the present.

Teehee ... the last sentence fits perfectly. Not sure about the rest of it though.

The last half of the Ravenclaw Sag could fit me also, actually ...

Ravenclaw Sagittarians are the philosophers of the magical world. They love pure theory, pure mathematics, and anything that appeals to their yearning for far horizons, whether those horizons be physical (in which case they will do a lot of traveling) or mental. They excel at astrology and research, and have the rare gift of both being able to investigate a subject deeply and then being able to explain it to other people in plain language. This makes for excellent teaching potential. They are cheerful, athletic, brisk, and humourous, and also decidedly eccentric. Sometimes they get on people's nerves, because they don't have as many interpersonal skills as they seem to think they have, but it's hard to stay mad at a Ravenclaw Sagittarian for very long. They're just too goofy.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

"Do you ever get embarassed at being so thoroughly and consistently mistaken?" ~ Vergere

Spell check is your friend.

Morrin Midnight

• Gryffindor
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 08:19:47 AM »

I love astrology and astronomy!

*runs and checks*

EDIT:
Gryffindor Aquarians are the social activists and loons of their House. They'll picket for House Elf Liberation. They'll wear their robes inside out because they spent all night reading, not pay attention to how they dressed the next day, and not care if their rumpled appearance is pointed out to them. They are intellectual rebels and will loudly defend their opinions, even if doing so makes enemies. They are apt to question authority. "Even Merlin was wrong, some of the time," they'll say, shrugging. While not particularly good at dealing with crisis situations (they stress out easily) they do tend to have enough foresight to see the situations coming, and prevent them from happening in the first place. They can be flamboyantly talented, but are less interested in using their talent to "make it big" than in using it to make a better life for themselves or other people. Because Gryffindor tends to be a flamboyant house, these oddballs (they are always odd) tend to stick out for being unusual.

Um...the book part is true but this fits me better

This is a natural sign for Gryffindors, not least because the griffin is part lion. Gryffindors born under this sign are outgoing, friendly, affectionate, and likeable. They make friends easily and are crushed when their advances are rejected. Their romantic, chivalrous nature makes them perfect examples of all that is best in their House. However, they are also bossy, domineering, spendthrift, and overly dramatic (ever heard the phrase "drama queen?") They have sharp tempers and need to learn to direct their anger toward only needful causes. The natural creativity and flamboyance of Leo makes Gryffindors born under this sign good at most everything they attempt, provided they apply themselves to learning magic rather than using magic to hog the limelight.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 03:06:39 PM by Morrin Midnight »

chris

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 08:06:26 PM »

Shelly, you have the same sign as mine.

Morrin Midnight

• Gryffindor
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 10:50:44 AM »

But you have a diffrent house

Nicholas

• Gryffindor
  • First-year Student
  • Kindness and Weakness are NOT synonymous!
    • View Profile
    • My Life, My Rules
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 03:07:02 PM »

Quite the interesting topic....  I enjoyed the link to the Astrology site and had to find where I fit into all of this....

GRIFFINDOR GEMINI:  You'll need track shoes to keep up with these Geminis. They have so much energy that they exhaust nearly everyone, save other Gryffindor Geminis. In class, they love to get into debates with the professor. Out of class, they love to get into trouble. These Gryffindor Geminis are as easily stirred by romantic dreams and noble causes as any other Gryffindors, although their involvement is more mental than practical - they lack the fortitude for battle and are best left passing propaganda to the real warriors. Expect a large number of them to work for the Daily Prophet after graduation.

Well, it seemed accurate until the phrase "lack the fortitude for battle and are best left passing propaganda to the real warriors" was mentioned.  I guess in that case, a much deeper astrological search would be needed.  I've never been one to back down from a fight when fighting was necessary.  Guess they've never seen me throw down.

I'm a double Gemini with Leo rising,... so I found it interesting to also check on GRIFFINDOR LEO as well:  This is a natural sign for Gryffindors, not least because the griffin is part lion. Gryffindors born under this sign are outgoing, friendly, affectionate, and likeable. They make friends easily and are crushed when their advances are rejected. Their romantic, chivalrous nature makes them perfect examples of all that is best in their House. However, they are also bossy, domineering, spendthrift, and overly dramatic (ever heard the phrase "drama queen?") They have sharp tempers and need to learn to direct their anger toward only needful causes. The natural creativity and flamboyance of Leo makes Gryffindors born under this sign good at most everything they attempt, provided they apply themselves to learning magic rather than using magic to hog the limelight.

Have a wonderful day!
Before you criticize others, try walking a mile in their shoes-- because then you are a mile away and you have their shoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up