Author Topic: What is going on?  (Read 172 times)

Kendra

What is going on?
« on: November 28, 2004, 06:32:26 PM »
Umm I just started here so if some one could explain what it is about and what is up with the karma and stuff than that would be lovely. ???

Offline YamNeo

• Slytherin
  • Fourth-year Student
  • Darkness is the Shadow cast by the Light
    • View Profile
Re: What is going on?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 08:31:44 PM »
Alright, fresh bloo...I mean, a new student.

Welcome.  I can explain to you that once you hit your second year, you can score (or lose) points for your house.

Have you been sorted, and if so, into which house?
I have found that the pursuit of knowledge and the pursuit of friends often find their paths splitting and running in completely opposite directions.

Offline Xan

• Slytherin
  • Fifth-year
  • We are better than you
    • View Profile
    • Enter my lair ...
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 09:29:22 PM »
For an explanation about Karma, check out the FAQ and scroll all the way down. Or hit 'End'. ;)
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

"Do you ever get embarassed at being so thoroughly and consistently mistaken?" ~ Vergere

Spell check is your friend.

Offline Morrin Midnight

• Gryffindor
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 09:31:21 PM »
Is this where we're supposed to post this??

Welcome! I think OyamNey has explain the house points --;.The karma is just for fun if someone does somthing nice you can charm them and if you don't like someone you can jinx them. I don't know what else you want to know but you can PM me if you have any questions :)

Offline Cho Chung

• Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor and Gryffindor Prefect
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
  • Have you charmed your prefect today? :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 01:40:17 AM »
YamNeo has indeed explained the points; with one exception -- it is not impossible to gain or lose points for your house as a first year.  The prefects and professors may cut you some slack in the point-taking side of things, but if you do something egregious, expect to be made an example of.   

Having said that, let me introduce myself.  I'm Cho Chung, one of the Gryffindor prefects around here.  (Don't worry.  I'm not always as cheerful as I was above.)  Welcome to the board!  Always fun to have fresh meat, er, I mean, a new face around here.  Have you been sorted yet? 
Birthdays are great.  Everyone should have them.

Offline SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 11:08:00 AM »
*tackles Cho*

Yeah, that should pretty much do it. The Help page above can also be a good jumping off place if you'd like to know the details of how to post. I also suggest reading the FAQ thoroughly to know the rules and guidelines around here.

*whispers* Or else Cho'll come after you... O_O

The head honcho around here would be Ping, and depending on where you're sorted you'll have your own house prefect to direct questions to.

So, I think that's about it to get you started. Oh, and I was just joking about Cho. She's awesome. ^__^
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Offline YamNeo

• Slytherin
  • Fourth-year Student
  • Darkness is the Shadow cast by the Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 03:40:07 PM »
One other thing...don't make fun of my nickname.  It's easier to remember than my full name...

Morrin, if you're going to use that Muggle language...Pig-whatever...it'd be amNeoYay...and don't you make fun of my nickname either.
I have found that the pursuit of knowledge and the pursuit of friends often find their paths splitting and running in completely opposite directions.

Offline Morrin Midnight

• Gryffindor
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 05:53:56 PM »
I don't care (OOC: or do I?) *stares*

Hope you have a good time, Kendra!