Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wizarding in America  (Read 143 times)

Angharad yr Gwyn

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
  • We are better than you.
    • View Profile
Wizarding in America
« on: November 08, 2004, 12:22:59 PM »

Angharad pulls out an article her mom sent from the Witches' Weekly.  "The Witches' Weekly is doing an ongoing report of wizarding in America.  This is the first article.
The wizarding community in America is widely known to be different than that of Great Britain, if for no other reason that America must be different.  Where Britain has the Ministry of Magic, America’s version of the Ministry is actually a part of it’s muggle government.  Another pertinent difference is that wizarding children have to go to accredited schools just as well as the muggle children.  So, you end up with children doing half days at “normal” schools and half days at wizarding academies.
   This is not to say that the average American muggle knows about magic.  In fact, they do not.  Even the President who’s cabinet features the Secretary of the Unseen, doesn’t realize that magic exists.  There are some muggles who do know about magic.  They attend wizarding academies just like our children do.  Their curriculum is different, and if they graduate they become what is known as a Hero.
   The purpose of Heroes is unknown to anyone but the people who founded and those who support the American wizarding systems.  I believe the founder was the great American wizard Benjamin Franklin.  All I really know is that I would never send my children to school in America. 
   I’m not the only one who feels this way.  Many parents in our community over there home school their children in wizarding techniques.   One parent who recently brought his family back from America stated, “It’s bad enough that my children must be forced to go to muggle schools until they’re sixteen, but then they go to wizarding schools which allow muggles to attend… it’s just too much.”
   There you have it folks, “it’s just too much.”  This is Gytha Gillyfern reporting for Witches’ Weekly.
Slytherin Pride

Cho Chung

• Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor and Gryffindor Prefect
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
  • Have you charmed your prefect today? :D
    • View Profile
Re: Wizarding in America
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 10:07:35 PM »

Hysterical!  I love it, Angharad!
Birthdays are great.  Everyone should have them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up