Author Topic: Adventures of a Mischievous Gryffindor  (Read 662 times)

Offline SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
Re: Adventures of a Mischievous Gryffindor
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2004, 01:55:25 AM »
Something nice? You want to hex Professor Snape with something nice?[/i] Oh, why don't we give him a grass skirt with a matching lei? We could put him in some perfume while we're at it! Give him a new puppy! Do you think he's gonna play nice?!?

You guys, Snape has hated my guts since I first walked in these doors. I'm in Gryffindor, I'm muggle born, and still I've excelled in his subject as much as any Slytherin. He can't stand me and he's made my life miserable every day. I'm teetering over the edge of expulsion more than I've ever done so, and if I'm going out of here, I'm going out with a bang, you hear me?

It's not too late for you to back out, and no hard feelings. Not to be selfish, but this is my show. I started this, and I don't mind finishing it. There's no sense in both of you risking your futures and your lives for me. I'm not myself right now, and I'd probably turn against you if you gave me the chance. Just look at what I did to everyone in the common room! So I'm going to ask- no, plead- that you just turn around and head back up the corridor and find a prefect. Here, *cuts the ropes, and gives AZ the antidote to the invisibility potion* Just... go. Before I change my mind.
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Offline AnimeZealot X

• Professor of Divinations
  • Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
  • Formal Friday
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2004, 02:15:33 AM »
Yea yea. Thanks, it was starting to chaif.

*rubs wrists*

Now you know i said i'd help you, but im just saying, can't we imobilize him instead of putting the Passius or the Hari Kiri on him? I mean, were no death eaters, and im not expecting you to suddenly whip out with the killing curse or anything, but the less dangerous and harmful our spells are, REGARDLESS of the target, the better chance we have of not getting it. big time.
"Something's different in my world today: they changed my traffic signs to a brighter yellow." ~ Jason Mraz

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2004, 11:20:49 AM »
*sigh* I mean it, AZ. You can go back if you want. Don't do this. *knows its futile*

Well... I just want to say... thanks, AZ.

As for Snape... if you REALLY still want to stick around... you immobilize him, and I'll... do something else. I haven't got that far, but you can take the hippie, flowery, peaceful course of action, and you won't take so much blame. I think my days are numbered around here, but you don't need to come down with me. *deep, steadying breath*

OK, Snape's probably still in there, waiting. We'll go on my count, okay? One...
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Offline AnimeZealot X

• Professor of Divinations
  • Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
  • Formal Friday
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2004, 01:18:57 AM »
Ready when you are Shelly...

*wand out. dermination to help a friend at hand.*

Two.

"Something's different in my world today: they changed my traffic signs to a brighter yellow." ~ Jason Mraz

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2004, 01:23:59 AM »
*In the seemingly infinite space between two and three, Shelly's entire career at the school flashes before her eyes. She grins and holds her wand at the ready.*

Three!

*kicks open the door and looks around at Snape, grinning*

Offline Pro. Snape

• Potions Master and Head of Slytherin
  • Administrator
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2004, 11:18:22 AM »
The room is empty and quiet, but there is a cauldron simmering in one corner on a small magical fire, and the sounds of movement coming from a small room connected to the office. Sounds like... a toilet flushing. The ingredient cabinet sits near the invivible students on the left, slightly open.

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2004, 06:09:13 PM »
*looks around*

Not... here? But... I wanted to fight! What good is it now to just steal it! It's too easy!!

AZ, what now?

But at that point, the most horrible scent they had ever experienced reached the room. Even worse than that time in fifth year, when Shelly had melted the goat intestines in the leftover vinegar in the bottom of her cauldron.

*chokes* By Merlin! What IS that? My lord... I always knew there was something seriously wrong with that guy! That's just... not human!

*falls on the floor, gagging*

Shelly saw AZ, of course the only one with an ounce of common sense in this operation, inching slowly toward the ingredients cabinet. Even in the near-vomiting state she was in, she thought "Right on, AZ!"

Offline Pro. Snape

• Administrator
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2004, 07:16:06 PM »
Snape swoops back into the room, looking around for the source of the noises he's hearing.

Who's there? Who is it?? You can't hide form me, you know. *pulls out a wand and starts a spell*

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2004, 10:01:28 PM »
Okay, so I'm hallucinating now. This toxic crud is getting to me.

Shelly had just remembered that there was no way she could have seen AZ, because AZ was invisible. But... she was sure she had seen him...

She also remembered that she had no idea where AZ was. He'd probably done the smart thing and run away when they'd heard Snape. But, wait! What was that flickering in the corner? She saw a brief flash of AZ's outline, next to the ingredient cabinet. His potion was wearing off...

Shelly made a spur of the moment decision and aimed her wand carefully at the open door, from which Snape had just come.

"Reducto!"

The bathroom exploded, spraying the office with water.

Oh crap. Now what have I done? thought Shelly.

Offline Pro. Snape

• Administrator
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2004, 11:42:10 PM »
Searching the room, Snape was unprepared for the sudden explosion of wood and ceramics. A large chunk of the toilet hit him in the head, and another knocked the foul smelling potion he had been brewing off the table, splattering the students with it's contents. Snape's head snapped back - into the wall, and he fell in a pile of black robes on the stone floor.

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2004, 09:09:44 AM »
Shelly looked up from her crouched position beneath a table. She saw Snape lying opposite the room, and couldn't quite believe what she saw.

"I killed a teacher?"

Shelly spun around and caught a glimpse of herself in a full length mirror. Her invisibility potion had worn off. She called for AZ, but no answer came.

"Well, first things first."

Shelly jogged to the store cabinet and picked up the chimaera claw she had been after. She stored it in a pocket in her robes and made to leave, but soon stopped. She wasn't quite sure what to do. She had just been responsible for the murder of a teacher, AZ was nowhere to be found, and a giant explosion in Snape's office wasn't going to last long without some attention.

Just then, she saw Snape stir, just a bit. Shelly nearly collapsed with relief. Detention, suspension, expulsion weren't too much of a problem, but Azkaban? That wasn't where she wanted to end up.

Shelly turned to leave again, when she saw another flicker of AZ. And then another. And then the potion wore off altogether. AZ was lying on the floor next to a giant cauldron, unconscious.

"Well, that complicates things."

It was Shelly's fault that AZ had gotten into this in the first place, there was no way she was going to leave him there to get caught. But the problem remained; how to get back to Gryffindor Tower while carrying AZ? She could sneak around the school like no other, but somehow she thought the floating body might be a bit of a giveaway to her position. Nevertheless, she mobilicorpus-ed AZ and preapred to leave.

Offline Pro. Snape

• Administrator
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2004, 06:31:42 PM »
Shelly had to stop, though, as her left leg, liberally splattered by Snape's bubbling concoction began to melt slightly under her weight. It was like a candle slowly melting under heat. The softening was moving up towards her mid-section, and the affected areas were turning pale green and sprouting soft scales. Shelly's hand and elbow, also splattered, were showing the same effects.

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2004, 06:47:56 PM »
"Oh, come on. What is this? Can anything else possibly go wrong?" said Shelly exasperatedly.
Next moment, though, AZ dropped unceremoniously to the floor as Shelly's arms melted into nothing and her wand clattered to the floor.

"Well, I'm sure this isn't going to be pleasant." The potion was moving up her body, and it showed no signs of slowing as it reached her torso and neck. The scales were starting to itch badly, but as she no longer had hands, there was little she could do. She fell to the floor at the same time she sprouted long, insect-ish wings, and four extra legs. She could feel her eyes bulging, and her vision split into ten thousand compound images. She looked in the full length-mirror again, and screamed, or would have if she'd still had a voice. She had turned into a giant, exact replica of a dragonfly.

Why on earth would he want a potion like this? thought Shelly wildly. She tested her wings. The wouldn't lift her more than three inches off the ground, and holding it was hard. She worked her six legs to turn to AZ, and laughed silently. He had turned into a big red ladybug, but still unconscious. Snape stirred, and Shelly jumped. She half flew, half scampered over to AZ and attempted to move him. He was far too heavy to even roll to Gryffindor Tower now, and her wand lay useless on the ground.

Shelly had a strong urge to kick Snape.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 09:55:15 PM by SeaShelly3 »

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2004, 11:03:07 PM »
[OOC: Sorry for double post. I can't stand thread dormancy]

Shelly looked around helplessly. Her whole inconspicuous plan had just been blown out of the water. Then again, who would recognize her like this? Once that happy thought occured to her, she flew/walked over to Snape, and worked one of her legs to kick him in the ribs. He made a soft "oomph" sound that made Shelly grin, mentally. She did it again. "Uh," said Snape.

Well, for being in the worst fix she had ever been in, she was having a lot of fun. She kicked Snape once more, then noticed a large book sitting open on the table behind the overturned cauldron. She tried to fly all the way over there, but only made it halfway before she got too tired. She walked the rest of the way. She was getting the hang of working this crazy bug body now. She looked down at the book, but she couldn't read it. The compound vision thing was still messing with her.

She bent over and got close enough to the book to read the title of the open page. "Human to Bug Transmogrifier." She tried to get close enough to read the page to see if there was an antidote or an estimated time it would wear off, but she couldn't even make out the tiny print.

Snape was definitely waking up now, he was moving slowly and groaning. Shelly's first instinct was to run out of the office, but another look at AZ made that plan obsolete. It was that whole annoying Gryffindor loyalty thing kicking in again. She buzzed irritatedly and tried again to move AZ. He wasn't budging at all. She found a long stick and tried to lever him out of the office, but no such luck. The stick splintered. She turned around to face Snape and wondered vaguely if dragonflies were poisonous.