Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Animagus vs Transfiguration  (Read 645 times)

YamNeo

• Slytherin
  • Fourth-year Student
  • Darkness is the Shadow cast by the Light
    • View Profile
Re: Animagus vs Transfiguration
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2004, 09:18:10 PM »

My personal opinion:

Becoming an Animagus is a highly specialized spell from Transfiguration.  It's a one-time use, and if it works, then you can transform at will.  If not...::shrugs:: we haven't dealt with that yet.

Besides, was i the only one who was a little ticked at the Ministry for not keeping a tighter check on who was an Animagus?  It just goes to show you how sloppy Fudge got.

Finally, I'm more than willing to bet that the Weasley twins will become Animagi, and that Harry will too.  What's in question is the forms they'll take.
I have found that the pursuit of knowledge and the pursuit of friends often find their paths splitting and running in completely opposite directions.

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2004, 10:05:01 PM »

I don't think it's really a sign of a slipping Ministry that they didn't know about the Mauraders. Fudge was probably still in school at the time, not minister. Someone else was in charge.

I would assume that, normally, one becomes an animagus following strict guidelines, with supervision in case something goes wrong. That would make it pretty easy for the Ministry to track. However, James and Co. did it on their own, so there was a lack of the normal procedures, so there was no way for the Ministry to know if they didn't inform them on their own.
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

YamNeo

• Slytherin
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2004, 11:16:41 AM »

Ah, but what about Rita Skeeter?  How did she get away with it?
That, I think, is something that quite a few people have been bothered by.

Granted, Fudge might have been in school...perhaps I should have said, "how sloppy the Ministry was getting".
I have found that the pursuit of knowledge and the pursuit of friends often find their paths splitting and running in completely opposite directions.

Xan

• Slytherin
  • Fifth-year
  • We are better than you
    • View Profile
    • Enter my lair ...
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2004, 10:09:03 AM »

I'm not too sure about there being a lot more unregistered Animagi ... I mean, the Marauders can't really count, since they had extra motivation that nobody else would have (Lupin being a werewolf). They did it for him because it was the only 'solution' they could think of. Rita may have been the only one who thought, "Hey, why don't I become an Animagi, then I'll be able to spy on people!"

Or at least one of the very, very few who thought that.

Er, hopefully that makes sense. I dunno, I just think it's a bit farfetched to say that there'd be a lot of other unregistered Animagi, because  the Marauders were in a rather special situation when they tried it ...
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

"Do you ever get embarassed at being so thoroughly and consistently mistaken?" ~ Vergere

Spell check is your friend.

Cho Chung

• Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor and Gryffindor Prefect
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
  • Have you charmed your prefect today? :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2004, 11:05:57 AM »

Yeah, I think Harry's whole story is a bit, well, special.  I kind of doubt that the people he tends to run into are representative of the "normal" wizarding population.  Most normal folk probably just go about their everyday lives. 

Birthdays are great.  Everyone should have them.

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2004, 08:37:21 AM »

I think, Cho, that the one exception might be Ron's family. They seem pretty typical. Even Fred and George and their antics are fairly typical of teenagers. They seem to keep Harry grounded.
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

YamNeo

• Slytherin
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2004, 07:30:56 PM »

Well, someone has to, otherwise he wouldn't really have anyone to talk to, now would he?  It'd be nasty if everyone were either like Draco, making fun of his fame, or like Collin Creevy, following him around with "HERO-WORSHIP" practically painted on his forehead.

I have to say that I like Mr. Weasley's use of enchanted Muggle items...that's just plain cool.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up