Author Topic: sneaking  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Angharad yr Gwyn

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
  • We are better than you.
    • View Profile
Re: sneaking
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2004, 08:34:41 PM »
"If she says that her weakness is silver, then it's silver.  Besides, a stake through the heart would kill anything.  I even hear tell that she's not even a Malfoy.  I've heard a rumor that her mom is Narcissa Black, same as Draco's, but her dad was the vampire."  Turning to Eliza, "Now Lizzy we don't need to start in house squabling.  Stitching silver into her bedsheets is a bit much, and it might not even work anyway.  The silver might need to be taken internally."
Slytherin Pride

Offline Cho Chung

• Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor and Gryffindor Prefect
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
  • Have you charmed your prefect today? :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2004, 08:50:02 PM »
"Well, why don't we just go to your common room, lure her out, and we'll all hold her down while you shove a silver spoon down her throat?"
Birthdays are great.  Everyone should have them.

Offline Morrin Midnight

• Gryffindor
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2004, 09:24:26 PM »
Morrin was over at the Gryffindor table studing for History of Magic.She looked up and wondered where everybody went.Morrin looked over at the Slythrin table and yelled really loudly."Cho! Shelly! What are doing over there?!"
Morrin got some nasty looks from the other Gryffindors at her table.

Offline Cho Chung

• Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2004, 10:45:50 PM »
Cho heard her name being yelled from a distance, but she didn't have time to deal with that now.   A vampire, a real live vampire, was going to attack her house.  As prefect, she had to do something about it.  After all, wasn't that her job?  Take care of the little Gryffies?  Not to mention her own skin?

Cho picked up another book, this time a book on curses and hexes to be used against vampires.  She mutters aloud as she reads, "Tarantallegra is not the most effective curse to use against a vampire.  First, you must make sure that it has already been defanged, as there is nothing more dangerous than a vampire who is ticked off, even if it takes him or her a while to get to you."

"Not too useful, is that?  Let me see if there is a defanging spell."  She flips to the back of the book and starts to look under D.  "'Dagger, silver (see "Silver")', 'damage,' 'dark,' 'dead (already),' 'deathly pallor,' 'demystify,' 'devilish'.  Bummer.  No 'defang.'"  Cho was beginning to lose heart.  All these books and no clear answers yet.

Suddenly Shelly, never one to sit around for too long, jumped up, pulled out her wand from her robes, and said, "Enough of this.  I'm just going to go find Deedra and take care of her.  Who's coming with me?"

An uncomfortable silence followed her outburst.

Offline SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2004, 01:08:25 AM »
[EDIT: I'm sorry, just realized that I missed this entire page. I was replying to Cho's last post on the second page. Grr...let me try again]

[EDIT again] I am so confused. This is like, the third time I've messed this up. *eye twitch*]

Shelly had finally had enough. She had her wand out and was absolutely ready to bust down the door to the Slytherin common room. She looked around at the people at the table, expecting a cheer and a parade to their common room. What she got was the opposite. Silence. She couldn't even believe it. How boring could these people get? She snapped. She swept all the books and papers off the table in one motion and grabbed the hands of Cho and Tia.

"You're coming with me!" she said aggressively. She brought Tia because she knew the password, and she brought Cho because, let's face it, Cho was cool. The Slytherins they had left behind looked with wonder at Shelly's craziness.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 01:47:55 AM by SeaShelly3 »
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Offline YamNeo

• Slytherin
  • Fourth-year Student
  • Darkness is the Shadow cast by the Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2004, 01:21:52 AM »
YamNeo walked in, looking for a good spot to read the morning edition of The Daily Prophet.  He hadn't had time earlier, as his classes had taken all morning to get through.  He still grumbled about the Astronomy homework he'd been given the night before, but was fairly confident that he could find some Hufflepuff to help him out.

As he walked in, he noticed the knot of fellow Slytherins clustered around a rather formidable pile of books.  He shuddered, wondering what they'd done to get themselves that many assignments.  Then he took a second look.  The first thing he noticed was that they were all girls.  His interest increased.  The second thing was that a Ravenclaw student, and a Gryffindor prefect, were at the same table.  His eyebrows went up at that.  What would his house want with a Gryffindor prefect?  Or a Ravenclaw?

His curiosity now piqued, he slowly made his way over, the newspaper now forgotten and rolled up, tucked under his left arm.

"Hey there, how's it going?"
I have found that the pursuit of knowledge and the pursuit of friends often find their paths splitting and running in completely opposite directions.

Shizuko Cooper

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2004, 03:15:39 AM »
Shizuko sits at the Ravenclaw table with her borrowed book and a scroll for notes, trying her best to ignore the noise from the nearby table.  Once she finishes copying over the sections that might be good for her scroll, she quietly brings the book back to the Slytherin table.

"Thank you very much for the loan of this book.  It was most helpful, as I had hoped.  Good luck on your own papers."

With a small smile, Shizuko sets the book gently on the table and walks out of the Great Hall, heading back to the Ravenclaw common room.

Offline Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
    • The inside of my head at fanfiction.net...because I'm too lazy to make a real site.
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2004, 03:46:06 AM »
Before she could quite realize what was going on, Tia found herself dragged out of the great hall, behind Shelly. Well that was a little embarassing.

"Um...Shelly...what are we doing, exactly?"

Shelly looked over at her. "You said it yourself, we have to prevent a danger to the students of my house! We can't do that sitting in the great hall arguing for hours!"

Tia yanked her hand out of Shelly's. "So you want to rush in and challenge it? Such a Gryffindor! Maybe it's just me, but running around unprepared with a vampire on the loose is not my idea of a good time!" She looked about, slightly unnerved now that most of her companions weren't around.

"Fine," Shelly snapped. "How about you just give us the password, and we'll take care of it!"

Tia started to comply, and then her brain caught up with her. "Well...I can't actually...that's..." she paused. "How much is it worth to you?" Cho and Shelly just glared at her.

"Heh, nevermind." Gathering up a little bit of leftover dignity, Tia started walking again. "All right, all right, I'm coming. You Gryffindors would probably get in a lot of trouble without someone who knows how to think around, anyway."
If you're going to be evil, do it right.

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2004, 11:18:29 AM »
"Well!?" said Shelly, a little more aggressively than she meant to. "You're still just standing around! Let's go!" She was almost whimpering. She had never been forced to stay still so long outside of class. She grabbed their arms again and pulled toward the dungeon. "I'm tired of this 'talking' and 'researching'. What we need is some action!!"

She dragged them over to the entrance to the dungeon and kicked open the door. Well, kicked at the door, anyways. Apparently the huge wooden doors were designed to resist the force of a human foot. Shelly rubbed her toes gingerly and turned the door handle, creaking the doors open in that dreadful, ominous way. She led them directly to the stone wall concealing the entrance to the common room, and gesticulated wildly at Tia, commanding her to give the password. Both the prefects looked at her oddly, and Tia finally spoke up.

"Er... how did you know right where it was?"

Shelly looked around nervously. "Um... lucky guess? ...I saw someone come in once? I... had detention?" They didn't look satisfied with her explanation. She tried again.  "

"I... definitely didn't sneak in there in the fifth year to dye Tia's face purple and put her toothbrush in sour milk and..." Shelly covered her mouth and looked anxiously at her companions. She was suddenly very aware that both of them had the power to deduct points. But... that was last year. And besides, it had been hilarious. After a moment of silence, she gestured at the dumbfounded Tia again, and then the door, in a 'hurry up' motion.
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Offline Angharad yr Gwyn

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2004, 01:00:02 PM »
Angharad wasn't furious about Shelly scattering the books everywhere, just vaugly miffed.  "Mel, Sickle pick up the books and then follow discretly.  Pretend it's like when we were hunting for the cows from JC's pjs.  It could get dangerous.  Morgana let's go."
Silently, Angharad and Morgana left the boys to pick up the mess knowing that they could handle it without a problem.  After all, if the first group got in they'd head for the girl's dormitory.  Angharad had heard that the girl's dorm in Gryffindor had a slide if boys tried to sneak in.  Slytherin wasn't that nice. Sure you got alarms, but you also ended up with the boy(s) who tried to enter getting zapped and having green and purple polka dots. (Kinda like the line around the goblet of fire in book four.)
Angharad and Morgana noticed that Shelly just waltzed up to the entrance to the Slytherin common room.  Maybe she hadn't been joking when she said she'd been there before.
"It's not like we're just going to give you the password you know."
Slytherin Pride

Offline YamNeo

• Slytherin
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2004, 10:19:00 PM »
Having had the entire table empty in front of him, without a single word in his direction, YamNeo shrugged and took a seat at the now deserted table.  He quickly discovered that the stacks of books left behind made an excellent prop-up for his newspaper.  He instantly immersed himself in it, trying to ignore the way he'd just been snubbed.
I have found that the pursuit of knowledge and the pursuit of friends often find their paths splitting and running in completely opposite directions.

Offline Morgana McCawber

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2004, 10:33:53 PM »
Morgana heaved a great sigh at everyone who was standing in front of the door to the common room.  With a look of severe annoyance she addressed them all.  "What do you all think you are doing?  Deedra hasn't plotted anything that we know of, we have no clue if she would attack any of us anyway, and you want to just waltz in and kill her?  A student?  Whom Dumbledore let in?  Are you all idiots or just suicidal?!"  Cheeks flushed and breathing heavily as her anger mounted, she continued.  "For your information, what we were researching was a way to safely, safely remove her vampiric side!  WITHOUT KILLING HER!  Argh!  I can't believe you would even consider killing a student in cold blood!"
If you're going to die so messily, do be so kind as to step off the rug.

Offline Cho Chung

• Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2004, 11:48:22 PM »
"Cold blood is right, Morgana!  Hers!  Her blood is cold because she is the equivalent of the walking dead!  What do you want to do, wait for her to suck the life out of some poor first year Huffie?"

But even as she spoke, Cho's brain began to work in her  The words "remove her vampiric side" kept playing around and around in her head.  Then something clicked:  "Hold it!  I just thought of something.  Remember when we learned about counter curses in DADA?  Well, what if we figured out precisely what it is about drinking someone's blood that would turn victim to vampire and then find something like the vampire equivalent to a counter curse.  What I have in mind is something that would turn Deedra into a normal human after drinking someone's blood.  Does that make any sense?"

Offline Eliza MacLaren

• Slytherin
  • First-year Student
  • We're better than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2004, 02:29:07 AM »
Eliza watched her group go running off, and heaved a quiet sigh, picking up her parchment and texts.  After shoving them in her bag, she started to follow, then noticed the new boy at the table.  She recognized him as a fellow first-year.  Yam... something or other.  She also realized that he looked a bit forlorn at being abandoned at the table.  "You coming?"  Not having the time to wait, she hurried out, hoping that he was behind her. 
Eliza made it to the corridor outside the Slytherin Common Room just in time to hear Cho's comment about making Deedra into a "normal" human.  As if she could ever be normal...
But then she thought about it.  Cho did have a point.  If there was a way to reverse the effect, maybe they could turn this curse around. 
"Well, there's no harm in trying.  The worst that could happen is nothing, right?  The only question is..." she looked at the gathered students, "whose the lucky donor?"

(OCC: Sorry if that info post seemed harsh.  It wasn't meant to be, and it wasn't from me.  It was a requested post - word for word - from someone who couldn't get on Hogsmeade at the time.)
"O be wise; what can I say more?"  - Jacob 6: 12

Offline Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
    • The inside of my head at fanfiction.net...because I'm too lazy to make a real site.
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2004, 05:24:54 AM »
Whew. Tia leaned against the nearest wall and felt relieved. She'd not been looking forward to either having the over-excited Gryffindors try to finagle the password out of her, or having to stop them should they do something really insane. She gave an 'okay' sign to Morgana over the others' heads.

After listening quietly to Cho's idea, she stood up straighter. "No, I'm not volunteering, you morons," she snapped as they all looked at her. "That is most certainly a job for a Gryffindor." She grinned evilly at Cho and Shelly.

"I do think it has possibilities, but we can't rush into it." She continued to stare at the Gryffindors. "Understand? We have to find out exactly the best process to use and it's probability of success, or we can't take the chance. If we tried and it failed..." she leaned back against the wall again. "We could have two vampires instead of one."

"And one of them would have been a Gryffindor. A Gryffindor vampire." Tia gave a mock shudder. "What a thought."

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2004, 09:24:56 AM »
Shelly felt the strong urge to go bang her head against the wall. She was totally and completely out of patience. When she heard Cho talking about doing more researching and planning and talking, she sank to the floor dismally.

But then she heard Eliza's call to action, and stood back up. When Tia said that it was a Gryffindor job, Shelly rolled her eyes and grinned. See, she thought, I always knew they were wimps. Good thing they have me around to save their necks.

Shelly stepped forward, trying to look nonchalant and cool, because, hey, she was the one rushing into the face of danger. She had a rep to think about, too. If she backed out now, then what? She tried very hard to make her voice sound natural and said "Eh, why not? I'll give it a shot. 'Sides, if it deosn't work and I..." Shelly swallowed hard. "You know... Well, we have to have balance here at school, don't we? A Slythie vampire, a Gryffindor vampire. At least it's fair that way." She forced a grin to show the humor she was trying to put into the situation. "Hey, my duel with Tia later'll be a lot easier if I'm already dead," she joked.

But Shelly was slowly grasping the implications of being live bait. Well, someone had to do it, right? And she couldn't stand the thought of two blood sucking Slytherins around. And Cho was more the bookish type anyways. Logically, Shelly knew she was the one to go. Still...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2004, 09:45:01 AM by SeaShelly3 »

Offline Angharad yr Gwyn

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2004, 12:53:39 PM »
Angharad sighed.  "You do know that it's not drinking someone's blood that makes them a vampire right?"  Mortified that she was about to sound like a Ravenclaw she continued, "Technically, you have to have a transfusion."  Angharad looked thoughtful for a moment, "Technically, she shouldn't even be a half-vampire as she claims.  The only known case of a half-vampire, also known as a dhampir, was in the Arabian Penninsula in 1588.  Appearantly, the child's mother had been 'turned' and 'died' just before the child was born.  An emergency operation was performed to save the child, who was now half-vampire because his mother was a vampire, but he had never died."
She stops for breath, and before Shelly can interupt.  "She says that her mother is Narcissa Malfoy nee Black.  I know for a fact that Narcissa is not a vampire.  My research also states that vampires can't reproduce in the normal fashion.  There's something fishy going on here."
Before she could say anything more a green and purple ferret bowls her over, closely followed by a green and purple couch that thought it was a ferret. 
"Not again!" groaned all of the older students as the first years looked on in confusion.

OOC: We never did get rid of them.  >:D
Slytherin Pride

Offline Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2004, 06:19:46 PM »
"There are stranger things on earth, dear Angharad...than have ever been recorded in a history book." Tia fixed the younger student with  blank stare. "We have no clue how Deedra came to be, well, Deedra."

"As for you, Shelly...I think you'd make a wonderful...victim. I've never fought with an undead before..." she looked thoughtful. "Maybe I should arrange for the experiment to fail?" Suddenly her amused expression fell as a large ferret and deformed couch trotted past them, over Angharad, and continued away down the hall.

"We didn't...get rid of it? We didn't! Oh....no. Snape's going to kill me..." Face pale, Tia took two steps after the ferret, then stopped, realizing she might miss something really interesting here. "Um...Morgana! Would you...take care of that?" she turned to the other girl, smiling sweetly. "I'm sure it wouldn't take someone of your talent more than, oh, five minutes, yes?"

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2004, 06:32:40 PM »
"Arrgh! I! Hate! Ferrets!!" Shelly yelled exasperatedly. She aimed a kick at the couch, which was trotting down the hall, but missed fantastically.

"Well, I don't know about vampires, but I'm positive Deedra is one. Maybe she's a full vampire but didn't want to tell anyone? I don't know."

Shelly turned her thought inward again. She wondered what it would be like to be a walking dead. Well, she wouldn't have to worry about being jinxed walking down the hall anymore. (Shelly smiled at this thought, then looked worried as the next thought came to her.) What if they didn't want a vampire around? What if they expelled her, or sent her to an institution... or worse. Having a wooden stake stabbed through the heart didn't sound like a bucket of roses, alive or otherwise. Shelly gave a slight shudder. Well... best to get it over with.

"How long is this going to take?" she said, faking her old impatient manner fairly convincingly. "I've got Potions homework to do. This isn't going to be more research, is it?" She was feeling antsy again.

Offline YamNeo

• Slytherin
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2004, 07:02:46 PM »
YamNeo glanced up, almost sure that someone had talked to him.  He saw Eliza dart out of the Hall.  Shrugging, he refolded his newspaper and followed, albeit at a slow walk.  He really didn't want to do that Astronomy work.

He turned the corner to the Slytherin common-room entrance just in time to jump out of the way of a strangely-colored ferret, and a similarly colored couch.  What next, he thought to himself.  Then he froze.

The same group that had snubbed him in the Hall was here, in front of his house's common-room...but why?  Slowly, he moved closer to the group, trying to act like he belonged there.

Offline Angharad yr Gwyn

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2004, 11:35:58 AM »
Belatedly, the ferret and cerber-couch realize that they just passed a large group of "new" friends.  They turn and come poining back.  They soon realize that they know most of the group there.  Then they get a gleam in their eyes as they notice two people they haven't played with yet.
The older students all see what's coming, and try to warn the unprepared first years.  Shelly shouts for Eliza to watch out for the ferret.  Cho tells the first years to get a wall behind them.  Tia laughs.
Yamneo gets tackled by the cerber-couch, which then proceedes to try and lick him to death.  Eliza pulls out her wand and say Stupi. . ., before getting bowled over by the ferret.  The ferret recognizing the wand as a fun toy snatches it, and starts poining around the group.  Angharad tries to dodge it, but it poings right into her.  The ferret, slightly upset about having its poinging interupted, shakes its head and sparks fly out of the wand.
Having amused themselves the ferret and cerber-couch poing off in search of more fun. Angharad just stares at her now slightly furry hands in horror.
Eep?  eep EEp eeP? EEP!
Slytherin Pride

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2004, 11:49:01 AM »
[OOC: You are evil.]

Shelly screamed in fury. Why was it that they could never seem to get rid of ferrets!? She watched the ferrets run down the hall and aimed one last curse at the couch, but missed and blew up a statue. She turned back to the group of students.

It was mayhem. Several students were nursing small injuries. That one guy, Neo or something, was on the ground holding his ribs from where the couch had leapt upon him. Eliza was leaning against the wall, panting. Only Shelly, Cho, and Tia looked unharmed, though Cho looked winded. Shelly screamed again, in pure rage, and blew up another statue just to let off steam.

"Can we please get this done now?" said Shelly, still shaking with the adreneline from fury.

Offline Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2004, 05:23:02 PM »
[OOC: Why? WHY??? *cries* Can't sleep, ferrets will eat me, can't sleep, ferrets will eat me... ]

Tia was laughing so hard she thought she'd strain something, as the ferret sprayed Angharad with rogue magic. "Look, it's Justina version two." She stood up finally, getting out her wand and taking aim. "Hold still, Angharad, I think I remember the spell Snape used to fix that."

Angharad gave her a horrified look and waved both hands in front of her. "Eeep! EEP! Ee-ep!"

"What? Don't trust me?" Tia held her ground for a moment more, then spun and launched the spell at Shelly. "Immobilus!" she cast at the excited Gryffindor.

"Shelly, dear, you need to calm down, before you do something the rest of us are going to regret." Tia glanced at the Gryffindor prefect. "Cho, can't you do something about your over-zealous housemate here?"

Patting Angharad on the shoulder as she walked past, Tia headed off down the hall. "I think I'd better go take care of that...um....rodent, after all. If it gets into Snape's things again, there's going to be trouble that makes a vampire look like a small, declawed sloth. Morgana? A little help?"

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed one of the new students, YamNeo, leaning on the wall attempting to be inconspicuous. "Whatever you do," she said to him. "Do NOT let them in that common room, understand?" Waving, she took off at a run after the ferret.

Offline Morgana McCawber

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2004, 06:01:32 PM »
(As a note, since there seems to be some confusion:  There is one gigantic ferret with pink and purple polka-dots.  There is also a couch (I think it's green, but I could be wrong) with a tail, legs, and three dog heads.  Hence its nickname the cerber-couch. ^_^)

...But Morgana wasn't around to hear Tia's request.  She felt responsible for the mayhem caused by the cerber-couch since it was her spell that had created it in the first place.  So when it jumped on the first year boy from her own house, she immediately went to help him out.  Somehow in the process she had ended up on the couch itself as it bounded away looking for more fun. 

"Oooooh dear," she thought to herself as she clung to the back and side in a desperate attempt to stay on.  "Oh no, oh no, oh no.  Okay, calm down Morg, calm down.  Just get your wand out and.. watch... as a big bump sends it flying from your hand.  Ooooooh dear!"  Still clinging onto the couch, she began yelling.  "HELP!"
If you're going to die so messily, do be so kind as to step off the rug.

Offline Angharad yr Gwyn

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2004, 06:06:16 PM »
Angharad gets a steelly glint in her eye. Justina version two huh? eeep  >:(  ee-ep She pulls out her wand and starts writing in the air.
"Lizzy, take Mr. Da Malia to Madame Pomfrey.  Shelly, follow me we can't let Tia do this on her own.  Cho do what you think best."
The only reason Shelly stood still for any of this is because Tia had imobilized her.  They all knew what had happened the last time Tia had tried to fix the ferret problem on her own.  Morgana was going to have her hands full with the cerber-couch. Eep eep eePeEp!  Anyone who could understand Angharad would have heard "Let's hunt ferret!"  As is they all looked confused until she negligently waved her wand freeing Shelly and ran off after the ferret.
"My wand!", Eliza shouted.
eep

OOC: Who me?  :angel:
Slytherin Pride

Offline Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2004, 06:20:31 PM »
Tia pounded after the ferret. She'd only gone a little way before she could hear Morgana yelling something from up ahead, and someone's wand went sailing throught he air. Tia reached out a caught it. "Hey Morgana!" she yelled. "Is this yours?"

"Yes!" Morgana shouted back. "If you could just be so kind as to give it back to meeeeeeee....!" The last word turned into a drawn out yell, and the cerber couch vaulted a railing and plunged into the depths of a descending stairwell, the ferret gleefully leaping after it.

Wait. Aren't we in the basement? Tia had time for only that thought before the couch appeared, falling from over head, and landed on the floor above her, galloping away, Morgana still shouting imprecations at it.

I hate this castle. Really. "I'm coming!" she shouted, waving Morgana's wand and accidentally turning a good section of the stairs behind her invisible, and ran up the stairs after them. The ferret was heading for the more inhabited parts of the school, and Tia knew she had to head it off before it trampled some Hufflepuff first years into purple-spotted goo.

Amusing as that might be.

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2004, 09:40:47 PM »
Shelly. Was. Ticked.

Shelly was so ticked that she still felt like she was shaking, even though she had been immobilized. One moment she had been thinking about one: how much she hated ferrets and two: how much she wanted to get the vampire thing done. Next moment, she wanted nothing more in life than to hunt Tia down and curse her to pieces. Or better yet, good, old fashioned, muggle dueling, i.e. a big punch in the nose.

Strangely enough, she did calm down a little bit while being forced to hold still. She watched while Tia left after the ferret, then Eliza. When Angharad released the curse, Shelly was torn. She wanted to chase Tia and make her sorry she had ever turned a wand on Shelly. But she also wanted to get into the common room.

She turned ever-so-sweetly to the last Slytherin remaining, the one lying on his back after the couch attack. Suddenly his name came to her, he remembered him from the sorting ceremony. He was the one who looked so terribly Slytherin she had immediately disliked him. She put on her best impression of politeness and bent down to give him a hand up.

"Hey there, YamNeo. How you doing? Hey, what do you say we run in there and get some water or something? Look at you, you need a bandage. We could run in there and freshen up before we go help Tia and them. So, what's the password? I'll run in and grab something for you."

Shelly waited, hand still extended, hoping the first year would fall for it. Hey, it wouldn't be the first time Shelly's dashing good looks had intimidated someone into giving her what she wanted. Shelly gave a small smile at the humor of this.

Offline YamNeo

• Slytherin
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2004, 12:52:17 AM »
YamNeo looked at Shelly disbelievingly.  Who in the world did she think she was?  He'd never liked Gryffies, and this one just rubbed him the wrong way.

Anyone who sounded Slytherin but was put in Gryffindor had to be trouble...trouble that he didn't need.  And he hated when trouble came in female form.

Using a wall as support, YamNeo got to his feet on his own, pointedly ignoring Shelly's hand.  "I'm...fine", he managed to get out without wincing.  Blast, that hurt!  Slowly he started to make his way to the medical wing, trying to come up with a reason why he'd be injured like this without having played any Quidditch.

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2004, 01:05:25 AM »
Shelly blinked. Well, if he wanted to be that way, then she could play rough, too. She had no intention of letting him leave without getting that password, especially when there were no other Slytherins around to protect the first year. She walked slowly behind him as he limped toward the dungeon exit. She simply watched for a moment, then crossed quickly in front of him and blocked his way forward.

"I want that password." Shelly said, quite simply. "Now," she said, bringing out her wand in what she hoped was a threatening manner, "You're going to give it to me, one way or the other. I don't want to have to curse you," she said, and she meant it, "but I'm getting into that common room."

Shelly couldn't explain why it was so important to get into their common room that second. She just knew that she had sat around for far too long, and she had to do something. Besides the whole Deedra thing, maybe she could put itching powder in Tia's underwear or something, to get revenge for the immobilus curse. Shelly looked down at the Slytherin first year and waited patiently for a response. She wondered, also, what Tia was up to, and if the ferret-couch had squished her yet.

Offline YamNeo

• Slytherin
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2004, 04:06:59 AM »
YamNeo stood up straight, despite the pain in his ribs, and folded his hands together behind his back.  He looked Shelly in the eye, weighing his options.  While pulling his wand out of his sleeve, he said to her, "Look, do you want to know what my password is?"

Shelly nodded, her eagerness starting to show.

YamNeo whipped around, knocking her wand aside with his right hand while bringing his own to bear in his left hand.  "Petrificus Totalus!" he yelled.  Instantly Shelly became as stiff as a statue; since her balance wasn't so good now, she fell over onto her side.

YamNeo put his wand back, then looked at her.  "I know you can hear me, so listen carefully.  I don't like being threatened, and I don't take kindly to little Gryffies trying to snoop around.  That's the job of Slytherins.  I don't know what your game is, but I'll have no part of it."  He then resumed his trek to the medical wing.