Author Topic: sneaking  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Angharad yr Gwyn

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
  • We are better than you.
    • View Profile
sneaking
« on: November 04, 2004, 09:17:28 PM »
Anyone who bothered to look up, would see Angharad stagering over to her usual seat in the great hall under a massive pile of books.  She quietly passes some over to Morgana, Mel, and Sickle.  When questioned they only reply that it's research.
Slytherin Pride

Offline SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
Re: sneaking
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 09:22:20 PM »
Shelly casually walked in the general direction of the Slytherins. Strolling along, she stopped at their table in a would-be casual manner.

"So... whatcha doing?"

"Research," the Slytherins said in unison, a little too quickly.

"Right. What kind of research?"

"Potions" said one Slytherin, at the same time another said "Transfiguration" and another said "Arithmancy."

"Right. Well, see you around!"

Shelly walked back to the Gryffindor table to report her findings.
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Offline Xan

• Slytherin
  • Fifth-year
  • We are better than you
    • View Profile
    • Enter my lair ...
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 09:36:13 PM »
Xan wandered past them in time to hear the exchange, a bored look on her face. She shook her head.

"You guys are horrible liars," she commented wryly.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

"Do you ever get embarassed at being so thoroughly and consistently mistaken?" ~ Vergere

Spell check is your friend.

Offline Angharad yr Gwyn

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 12:48:57 PM »
*gasps*  "How could you accuse us of lying?  In fact, we are doing research on Potions, Arithmancy and Transfiguration.  So what if we're not trying to bully a Ravenclaw into doing it.  Can't we do our own work?"
Angharad makes a hmphing sound and gets back to research.  Now that you can acctually see her, instead of the pile of books you notice that she is sporting a rather pretty silver crucifix.  If anyone were to bother asking she'd just reply, rather quietly, that her gran insisted.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 12:57:01 PM by Angharad yr Gwyn »
Slytherin Pride

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 04:44:09 PM »
"Those guys are horrible liars." said Shelly at the Gryffindor table.

"So, what were they doing?"

"Well," replied Shelly. "They said they were researching. If I've ever seen a Slytherin doing their own research before now, I'll eat one of my own candies. They're up to something. You guys were right."

Shelly ladled an obscene amount of shepard's pie onto her plate and smothered it in ketchup, casting an occasional glance at the Slytherin table. So... what were they doing?
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Offline Morgana McCawber

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 06:52:12 PM »
Here, Angharad, do you think this one would be useful? *points to a passage in her potions book about diseases of the blood*
If you're going to die so messily, do be so kind as to step off the rug.

Offline Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
    • The inside of my head at fanfiction.net...because I'm too lazy to make a real site.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 07:01:06 PM »
Tia stepped out from between two bookshelves and was just heading for the check out desk when she noticed a slight gathering of Slytherins at one of the tables. They were whispering too each other and turning pages in a book.

Well, that didn’t look suspicious. I bet they’re talking about me, she thought. Turning abruptly, she wandered casually over to the table. The other Slytherins didn’t look up. Stepping up behind Angharad, she dropped her books to the floor with a crash.

Some of the students jumped, and all of them turned to look. “Oops,” Tia said, rubbing her wrist. “Fingers slipped.” She smiled vacantly at the library in general. Most of the students decided now would be a very good time to catch up on some quieter reading somewhere else.

“So,” Tia draped her arms over the backs of a couple chairs, peering at the books that were so interesting to her fellow Slytherins. “What are you researching? Oh! Vampires?” She leaned closer, turning one of the pages that another student had been looking at. Morgana glared at her.

“Either sit down and be quiet, or go away,” she snapped. Tia straightened. After a few moments of thought, she kicked her books under a chair and sat down.

Angharad peered under her chair. “So what are your books about?”

“Books?” Tia said innocently, wide-eyed. “What books?”

“Nevermind.” Angharad rolled her eyes and went back to her own tome.

Tia waited a few minutes. “Okay, if you want me to leave, you can just say so. Otherwise, you might as well let me in on what this is all about.” She leaned on one elbow and tried to look trustworthy.
If you're going to be evil, do it right.

Offline Angharad yr Gwyn

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 07:31:47 PM »
It should be obvious.  I heard her admit to Professor Snape that she was late because a Gryffindor got in her way.  Afterwards, I checked out the rag she'd tossed aside. It was covered in blood.  My parents are furious, but my family just doesn't hold the political clout to have her expelled for who she is.  It's one thing torturing the Gryffindors, we all do.  Actually attacking a student though...  She could cause us to lose the House Cup it it were to continue.
Slytherin Pride

Offline Dawn

• Ravenclaw
  • First-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2004, 08:22:46 PM »
"Angharad?"  Dawn said as she stepped into the room.  "Oh there you are.  You said you'd have a book I'd be interested in, where...." Dawn stopped as she noticed the ammount of Slytherins gathered around the exact same book.  "This is weird."

@~`~

Offline Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
    • The inside of my head at fanfiction.net...because I'm too lazy to make a real site.
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2004, 08:30:43 PM »
Tia glanced up at the newcomer, scanning her robes. She raised an eyebrow and turned to Angharad. "You're friends with a...Ravenclaw?" Ignoring the new girl, she pretended a greater amount of interest in the book in front of her.

"I've got an idea! If you feed someone arsenic, then sacrifice them to the vampire...does the vampire die from blood poisoning?" Snickering to herself, Tia glanced up at the Ravenclaw again. "What? You're still here?"

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2004, 08:31:21 PM »
There was now a crazy amount of people grouped around the table, so Shelly felt no guilt is walking back over to the table and leaning over their book. It was a recipe for a rather gruesome looking potion. There was also a note on the table, exposed. Shelly tried to cast a sideways glance at it, but Angharad snatched it up and stuffed it in her bag before she could read anything juicy.

[Editor's note: No hijacking of threads, Miss Shelly. If the author says it takes place in the Great Hall, it stays in the Great Hall until it logically moves.]

[Author's note: It wasn't my fault. Check out Tia's message four posts previously]
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 09:05:08 PM by SeaShelly3 »

Offline Dawn

• Ravenclaw
  • First-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2004, 08:39:02 PM »
Dawn scowled at Tiamat.  "We're neighbors, okay.  Deal."  She nodded to Angharad who handed her a book wordlessly, then moved to another table to read.
@~`~

Offline Angharad yr Gwyn

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2004, 08:58:50 PM »
Shut it Tia.  Her family just moved in next door to my gran's.  Besides, since when are you complaining about getting a Ravenclaw to do work for us.  Speaking of doing work for us, if you keep hanging around Miss Shelly I will have to draft you.

occ: The Great Hall is the wisest place to put this.  Madame Pince would probably get really upset if we were carrying on in the library.
Slytherin Pride

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2004, 09:04:02 PM »
[OOC: I didn't know what to do. All of a sudden the story was in the library, so I just played along. it wasn't my fault!]

Shelly turned back to Angharad and said "Draft me? Miss Shelly? What are you playing at? Do all you Slythies talk that way? What the heck are you doing over here anyways?"
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 10:52:55 PM by Pro. Snape »

Offline Angharad yr Gwyn

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2004, 09:27:41 PM »
I do tend to speak like that when I feel that I'm being pushed.  I don't know about the rest of my house.  We are as was previously stated doing research.  When we said that it was on Potions, Arithmancy, and Transfiguration we were telling the truth.  We are also doing research on charms and hexes.  If you wish to help us stop a problem before it truly starts fine.  If not, I suggest you go back to your friends, Miss Shelly.
Slytherin Pride

Offline Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2004, 09:29:39 PM »
[[OOC: Ack, that was my fault, I read books, tables, etc, thought library. I apologize...great hall it is :) ]]

Tia shot a withering glare at Angharad. Tell me to shut it, will you. I'll remember that. She yawned, as if it really didn't concern her. "Well, if that's the way you want to play...why don't we invite some Hufflepuffs just to even it out? And don't beat around the bush so much, I can't stand vague."

Turning to Shelly, she smiled conspiratorily. "The subject, is vampires. If you think it's, ah, out of your league, you're welcome to abstain."

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2004, 09:33:35 PM »
This was what Shelly couldn't stand about Slytherins, that annoying superior, holier-than-thou attitude. She turned her grimace of disgust into a fairly convincing smile and addressed her question to Tia.

"Well, which is it? Vampires or charms and hexes? You guys aren't convincing me, but, sure! I'd love to join the cause. What do you need me to do?"

Offline Dawn

• Ravenclaw
  • First-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2004, 09:39:10 PM »
Dawn glanced at Angharad over her book.  She didn't expect that the Slytherin girl would actually stand up for her.  Dawn didn't even really like her, it was just convenient to hang around someone you knew.  Great, now she felt guilty.  Dawn burried herself in her book and tried to ignore the Slytherin table.
@~`~

Offline Angharad yr Gwyn

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2004, 09:51:35 PM »
Angharad rolls her eyes while pulling a small parcel out of her robes. Opening it she tosses a small wooden crucifix to Dawn.  "I hope you realize, Ravenclaw, the only reason I'm being nice to you is if my mom and gran find out I'll get a howler."
Angharad then procedes to pass out crucifixs to the rest of the table giving a nice one to Tia in apology for the rude comment.  She was just embarassed by the fact that Dawn acctually came up and addressed her in front of other people.  But she wasn't going to apologize and she wasn't going to complain if a Ravenclaw was helping her do research.
Slytherin Pride

Offline Dawn

• Ravenclaw
  • First-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2004, 10:08:01 PM »
Dawn caught the crusifix without too much trouble and laughed to herself.  She should have known. "Well, thanks anyway."  She went back to her book.  It was actually fairly interesting, but not really a subject she would have looked up on her own.  "So what does this mean when you cut the power in half?" she began mumbling to herself.
@~`~

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2004, 10:10:19 PM »
Shelly took the crucifix handed to her. She noticed in passing that it was the cruddiest one in there; it looked to be made of two ordinary sticks tied to each other. She held it with a look of total confusion on her face.

"What are we supposed to do with this?"

She noticed a few of the other Slytherins wearing them around their necks, she nearly did the same, but then the implications of that action caught up with her.

"Wait, you guys aren't thinking of going after a vampire, are you?"

Shelly laughed aloud, nearly shreiking with mirth.

"You guys would never last around a vampire. You're wimps! Now, it's a good thing I'm here. You Slytherins would never survive a vampire attack without a Gryffindor around."

Shelly ignored the incredulous stares of the crowd.

Offline Dawn

• Ravenclaw
  • First-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2004, 10:17:44 PM »
"Gryffindor?"  Dawn tried very hard not to laugh.  "No one would be attacked if we didn't have a Gryffindor."
@~`~

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2004, 10:32:36 PM »
"So you're going to go have tea and crumpets with a vampire? Good luck with that. Besides, Ravenclaws are even wimpier than Slytherins."

Shelly examined the back of her hand for a moment, and finally asked "So, when are we leaving? I'm getting bored here."

Offline Dawn

• Ravenclaw
  • First-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2004, 10:38:49 PM »
Dawn looked at Shelly like she might kill her.  "It's called research, idiot, you don't go anywhere.  Are you just looking for a fight or something?"
@~`~

Offline Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2004, 10:53:36 PM »
Tia didn't bother looking up from her book. "Don't let her get to you," she directed at Dawn. "That's a Slytherin job." She glanced at Shelly briefly. "I heard some very insulting statements in there. Do you...want to take this outside?"

Angharad sighed. "Don't start a fight, Tia. Not yet. Not here."

"Wouldn't dream of it." Tia switched tactics abruptly. She smiled sweetly at Shelly. "Maybe later, yes? You see there's some very strange happenings...ah, happening around our common room. We believe we've picked up a special kind of mudblood. So to speak, a vampire." She twirled the crucifix around one finger. "Garlic tea anyone?"

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2004, 12:31:49 AM »
"Ouch, Ravenclaw. That hurts right here" Shelly said to the new Ravenclaw, patting her chest sarcastically.

"Right, I'll take a raincheck on that fight, Tia. So, a student who's a vampire? Does this mean I get to go into your common room again? Er, I mean, for the first time. Yes."

Shelly looked around nervously, then switched subjects abruptly.

"So... exactly what do you plan to do about it?" Shelly said, eager to get more information, and glancing and nodding back at the Gryffindor table in earnest.

Offline Angharad yr Gwyn

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2004, 02:10:12 AM »
Flippendo! comes from behind Shelly.  Accio! came from Angharad.  Why would I even give you one.  One, you are not in my house.  Two,  I haven't been threatened with death from my mom and gran if I don't protect you.  Three, you just called me a pansy.  I suggest you leave, now, before Professor Snape shows up.  You know he has a nasty habit of showing up when you don't want him to.  In fact, I heard you lost 15 points for calling the professor by a rude nickname.
Slytherin Pride

Offline Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2004, 02:41:33 AM »
"Mind you....it was a fairly funny rude name," Tia said dryly. "One I wouldn't have any trouble passing around, if I didn't value my sanity so much."

She put a hand on Angharad's shoulder. "I'll vouch for Shelly, believe it or not. She's...ah, quite Slytherinish, for a Gryffindor. We've shared...incidents in the past."

"But," she continued, glancing at the Gryffindor table and back at Shelly. "We'd probably prefer if all your friends didn't know about it, yes?"

Offline Eliza MacLaren

• Slytherin
  • First-year Student
  • We're better than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2004, 03:17:02 AM »
Eliza sits next to Angharad, and holds out her hand, palm upward.  Angharad gives her one of the pewter crucifixes, albeit a rather crude, crooked, and plain one.  "Need a hand with those books?" Eliza asks. 

"Transfigurations or Charms," inquires Angharad in return.

Eliza looks at the crucifix in her hand, and taps it with her wand while muttering something under her breath.  It changes to a silver Celtic Cross with three rings centered around a deep green stone at the interestion of the upright and cross-pieces.  "Transfiguration"
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 01:33:52 AM by Eliza MacLaren »
"O be wise; what can I say more?"  - Jacob 6: 12

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2004, 11:20:50 AM »
"Well," said Shelly, working very hard to act cool, and talking to Angharad. "If the shoe fits...Besides, I don't see Snapey anywhere around here. He's probably teaching a class right now. I think it's the third year Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws, actually."

She turned to the saner Slytherin. "Thanks, Tia. Though I'm not sure whether to be offended or honored that you called me 'Slytherinish'."

Shelly falshed a big, winning grin at Tia. Once Tia's back was turned, she gave a huge, sarcastic wink at Angharad, along with a smirk. Shelly would get her revenge on Angharad for jinxing her, all right. She was obviously new, if she was so keen to pick a fight with Shelly. That Dawn girl was pretty sassy, too. She mentally added them both to the top of her list.

Shelly turned back to the Gryffindors, and made wild "never mind, forget it" gestures. She was too interested to blow it all just yet.