Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Horcruxes speculation thread  (Read 1455 times)

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
  • Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.
    • View Profile
Re: Horcruxes speculation thread
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2005, 07:42:18 AM »

Which takes us back to Mundungus - can't you just imagine if he has stolen it (like he did other artifacts from the house) and sold it to someone?
Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

All Rights Reserved

• Third year
  • Gryffindor
  • Third-year Student
  • Lord - Thingy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2005, 02:00:21 AM »

That's just brilliant. Especially the Mundungus angle. Great find there.  Goes to reread OotP.  :o
Give her heck from us, Peeves.

Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
  • :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2005, 09:31:14 AM »

What about Lucius Malfoy? After all, he did have Riddle's diary, and has more of Voldemort's "old school things" according to Dumbledore. And Malfoy said:
'Father's got some very valuable Dark Arts stuff. But luckily, we've got our own secret chamber under the drawing-room floor - '

Valuable Dark Arts stuff as in horcruxes? Voldemort would probably want them scattered though. Hmm...
The world is full of bad people - it's just some who are on opposite sides.
The moving tree will get you!

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2005, 10:33:43 PM »

Is there anything at Hogwarts which we are overlooking which could be a Horcrux?

Also, something to think about - if Lucius or the Blacks possessed any of the horcruxes, Narcissa could become key.  We have seen that her love for her son (and desire to protect him) is stronger than her loyalty or fear of YKW.  She could become an ally to Harry with respect to locating these objects if it would mean she could save Draco.

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2006, 07:49:25 PM »

Earlier I posted,

That bothered me too.  I remembered the sorting hat belonging to GG.  That would be a wonderful horcrux.  Voldy could use his spirit to find his followers and sort them into Slytherin.

JKR has answered my thought on her site saying it isn't.  Oh well -- -Off to look for more horcuxes

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2006, 05:55:32 AM »

Still think it's Harry. I think it would be very fitting. *crosses arms and pouts*

;)
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2006, 06:21:05 PM »

Your theory plays out well with the wording of the prophecy

Susan Bones

• Special Reporter For The Wizengamot
  • Slytherin
  • Seventh-year
  • Love few. Hate many. Stack the rest in the cellar.
    • View Profile
    • Look for Susan Bones as meepmeep on IrCQ Chat:  Trivia!
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2006, 06:29:34 PM »

Especially since we know the last word of the seventh book.

Special Reporter for the Wizengamot

Carolyn

• Hufflepuff
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2006, 10:12:06 AM »

I really dislike the Harry-as-the-horcrux theory because it just doesn't seem like Voldemort has had an *opportunity* to make him the horcrux.  I mean, one assumes that this isn't something he can do from a distance, and we've repeatedly seen the scenes of the death Harry's parents, and in those scenes, Voldemort comes straight for Harry to kill him, thereby causing the spell rebound which crippled V.
And somehow, it just doesn't seem plausible that Voldemort got to Harry before killing his parents.
Who are you people, and where have you hidden my dignity?

Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
  • :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2006, 02:27:36 PM »

I was just wondering: it would be interesting to know just who LV killed to make the horcruxes, then maybe there would be a pattern... I don't know, but could we have heard something about these horcruxes when we hear about certain people LV has killed? *grabs blindly at any strand of anything that could help*
Is there any slight chance that those who were Avada Kedavra'd by LV and were mentioned in the books are related to any of the horcruxes?

Or...

... what if the most unlikely people have a horcrux? Like the Weasleys? It could have been planted there years ago... *Comes up with an absurd theory to do with Peter Pettigrew* Never mind.
The world is full of bad people - it's just some who are on opposite sides.
The moving tree will get you!

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2006, 07:50:02 AM »

Peronally, I can't escape the idea that Harry is a horcrux, and everything I try to come up with against the idea just supports it.

LV liked Horcruxes (or Horcrix, depending on your preferred spelling). He liked to make them at significant times, or so we've been told. I mean, this is a piece of his soul. He won't want to split it for just anybody. So here's this Harry Potter, prophesied to overthrow him. Unlikely, but best to nip these things in the bud. Besides, those Potters, always getting in the way. Such a kill as the infant would be well worth developing a horcrux for. So he gets everything ready. He's all set. He's killed the parents, now for the child. Unleash of spell and --- pppfffftt...

No such thing had ever happened before in the history of magic, so far as we know. Who's to say that the spells he had prepared for the Horcrux didn't get unleashed and tie a bit of him into the body of Harry Potter? It makes sense. It would explain quite obviously why some of Voldemort's powers passed to Harry, and why Voldy can get into his mind so easily--because he's already there!

But...but...what if... this just occured to me. What if, because of all the raw magic unleashed and behaving unpredictably, some of Harry's soul ended up in LV? Like a double-swap? Which is why neither can fully live while the other's around? Maybe?

Hrrrm. I don't know what I think about that side of things, but I'm pretty positive on the Harrycrux theory.

One Ping Only

Carolyn

• Hufflepuff
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2006, 01:10:32 PM »

If we say the attempt to turn Harry into the horcrux was unsuccessful...having a baby's corpse as your horcrux...a little sketchy to me.  With Nagini, she's almost like a spirit now, so would Harry also have been "enslaved" (for lack of a better term) if he'd been successfully turned into a horcrux?
If we're going with a successful attempt to make Harry a horcrux...with Voldemort inside of her, Nagini doesn't have free will anymore, but Harry does. The book was also under Voldemort spirit part's power and control.

But I think I read somewhere that JKR had let it drop that there were hints in OotP, or am I just confusing speculation with reported facts?

Regardless, I reread the first part of OotP, concentrating on 12 Grimmauld Place, and here are some things I found interesting:

p. 77 - Sirius's mother sounds *terrifying*, and the portrait's certainly not flattering.  Most people have portraits taken of themselves during the high periods of their life, not when they're old, drooling, and insane.  You think she went insane over time? Do portraits age with their owners? We know that photos don't, but photos also don't talk. 

p. 83 - Mundungus is looking at a solid silver goblet, bearing the Black family crest.  Mundugus says the crest will come off, but it doesn't, since Harry recognizes it in HBP.  In addition, all pure blood families are related, wonder how the Blacks are related to the Gaunts and if they share any family treasures?  (And UGH! Tonks is first cousins with Malfoy! Wonder if she has any stories on him being a brat as a kid.)

p. 111 - Uncle Alphard.  Wonder if he's important. We know his initials are at least AB.  It's a long shot, but could Alphard be his middle name?

p. 116 - Fred and George sneaking off with little things to experiment with.  Could they have inadvertently picked something up?
p. 117 - All those sticky charms! If something in the house is a valuable relic, surely there would be charms to keep people from walking away with them? And of course, Kreacher would probably have "saved" it, but wonder if he would be damaged by any curses on it. 

And another thing, Dumbledore is the secret keeper for the OotP.  Now that he's dead, I REALLY want to know the answer to that FAQ poll!

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2006, 09:58:50 PM »

I don't think Voldy intended to make Harry a horcrux, just to use killing him as a chance to make one. 'Cause yeah, ew.

I'll try to comment on the rest in a bit, but now I have to go to bed or I'm really really really gonna regret it tomorrow.

One Ping Only

Cho Chung

• Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor and Gryffindor Prefect
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
  • Have you charmed your prefect today? :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2006, 09:49:18 AM »

Okay.  Some thoughts on this whole thing:

Killings that LV used to make horcruxes out of: 
1) I imagine that killing his father/grandparents would have been a significant killing (whether or not he knew about horcruxes by then would be a different story, but if he did, he'd probably make one then);
2) I don't recall -- did he return to his mother's house and kill his uncle (forget his name, now)?  If so, that might have been a significant killing worthy of a horcrux.
3) I thought about the possibility of James and Lily, but it would make more sense for him to plan to make a horcrux when killing Harry.  However, I would imagine that he would have made his 6 horcruxes well before that time.
4) Perhaps he made a horcrux when he killed that lady who owned the teacup from Helga Hufflepuff (or whatever it was she owned.  My memory is so bad these days).

I doubt that the Malfoys had more than one horcrux.  My impression was that Lucius wasn't even aware that the diary was a horcrux -- he just thought it was something with dark magic in it.

A question about horcruxes that I think I meant to ask earlier but may have forgotten to do:  how do horcruxes work?  I mean, what does it mean to split up your soul and store it in something?  Did LV have to reclaim one of his horcruxes when he "came back to life"?  If so, what happens to the horcrux then?  Is the soul then no longer in the object?   

I like the idea of Mundungus having made off with something. 

Er, that's it for now.
Birthdays are great.  Everyone should have them.

Carolyn

• Hufflepuff
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2006, 09:32:23 PM »

1) I imagine that killing his father/grandparents would have been a significant killing (whether or not he knew about horcruxes by then would be a different story, but if he did, he'd probably make one then);
2) I don't recall -- did he return to his mother's house and kill his uncle (forget his name, now)?  If so, that might have been a significant killing worthy of a horcrux.
3) I thought about the possibility of James and Lily, but it would make more sense for him to plan to make a horcrux when killing Harry.  However, I would imagine that he would have made his 6 horcruxes well before that time.

A question about horcruxes that I think I meant to ask earlier but may have forgotten to do:  how do horcruxes work?  I mean, what does it mean to split up your soul and store it in something?  Did LV have to reclaim one of his horcruxes when he "came back to life"?  If so, what happens to the horcrux then?  Is the soul then no longer in the object?   
As for #2, he didn't kill his uncle, he changed his uncle's memory so his uncle would take the blame for killing his grandparents and parent. 
And horcruxes splits your soul so that part of you will always go on living, and that part of you can make dastardly plots to claim a body that will alow you to come back to "life".  And I don't think he had to claim a horcrux toc ome back to life in Goblet of Fire, because he had always been alive.  So we don't know what happens to a claimed horcrux yet, only what happens to an active one, as seen in CoS.  The soul piece stayed in the object until it was killed.

Cho Chung

• Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2006, 04:27:42 PM »

And I don't think he had to claim a horcrux toc ome back to life in Goblet of Fire, because he had always been alive.

I guess this is the part I'm confused about.  Do we know for sure that he hadn't 'used' one of his horcruxes to come back to life?  I know in GoF he says that his soul was ripped from his body.  Does that mean that that 1/7th of a soul didn't die when the killing curse rebounded onto him?  I guess I've wondered if that meant something else.  Am I even making any sense, here?  I feel like I'm sort of babbling, but it seems to me that JKR has never really given us a mechanism for one's soul being ripped from one's body but being able to inhabit other being's bodies until it can find one for itself again.

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2006, 11:23:02 AM »

You're right, I don't think it's clearly explained. Riddle in the diary knew that he was not the original, but a copy, as it were.

It's a fairly common device in stories with wizards that they have taken part of their soul and hid it somewhere else, so that they cannot be killed. I think the horcruxes are like that. Because his soul isn't all in one place, when it was ripped from his body by the backlash of the curse-gone-wrong, it couldn't move on, but stuck around until he could find a way to get at least some sort of body.

Ooooo, thought! So Dumbledore, we know, looked triumphant when he found out that LV had some of Harry's blood, right? What if that's because Harry WAS a horcrux, and this meant that LV had that part of his soul back without having had to kill Harry? Which also gives Dumbledore one less horcrux to worry about. Maybe? I dunno, seems that if Harry was a horcrux, and that did it, it would have taken away his connection with LV, which we know didn't happen. Hrmmmm. Thoughts? I don't know. It's a possibility, but ... I don't know!

One Ping Only

Carolyn

• Hufflepuff
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2006, 12:42:57 AM »

All righty, re-reading Book 2.
Does anyone remember how old Tom was in Slughorn's memory? Because on p. 313 of Book 2, it says "I decided to leave behind a diary, preserving my sixteen-year-old self in its pages, so that one day, with luck, I would be able to lead another in my footsteps, and finish Salazar Slytherin's noble work."

Now assuming he's not lying (which is a HUGE assumption), it sounds like he made the horcrux when he was 16 (quite an impressive feat), and probably did so out of Moaning Myrtle's death.  Sounds like his first murder, since he was 16 the summer he dropped by the orphanage and proceeded onto the Gaunts, where he made his next horcrux.

In addition, he talks about how he grows stronger by feeding off Ginny --> she's getting paler, weaker, and he's starting to take physical form.  Do you think it works this way with all of the horcruxes?  Could the ring Dumbledore was wearing have possessed him had he not been such a strong wizard?

And it's interesting that Harry addresses Tom as if he's Voldemort, because he's not. He's Voldemort at 16, which is a very different thing, yet Harry says, "he still frightens you now, wherever you're hiding these days --".  But Tom-the-horcrux is frozen in time, and the only thing he knows about the present is what others tell him.  Kind of makes me wonder how much independent thought a horcrux has, what a horcrux would do if he was told (and believed) that the current incarnation of Voldemort was out to destroy him. 

I'm also confused about why the fact that Harry's mother died to save him is a countercharm.  Does anyone know exactly what a charm is? I mean, if charms are that important, than Neville's grandmother should be faulted even more for discouraging him from taking it (in the book, McGonagall says that his grandmother was abysmal at charms and that's why she didn't want him taking it).  And as I read on mugglenet.com, Voldemort repeatedly says that Lily didn't have to die.  *Why* didn't Lily have to die? I think that's a really important question, and I've heard all sort of wild theories.

I also want to know why the basilik's fang "killed" the horcrux.  Seems kind of an easy way to destroy a horcrux.  You'd of thought that Voldemort would've made it more impervious to various devices of destruction. 

And as Riddle points out...why do he and Harry look alike? just a coincidence? Or more, considering Harry's bright green eyes and Voldemort's green magic?

Also, I'm with Ping, I don't get why people don't call him Tom Riddle anymore, why they ever agreed to start calling him Voldemort. Pretentious little git.

One last thing...Poor Ginny! That's an awful lot for an 11 year old to go through, and she's an awfully *young* 11...crying at the drop of a hat, still holding onto her mum's hand in public... I'm so glad to see that she's grown up well.   :)

Susan Bones

• Slytherin
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2006, 11:15:34 PM »

I also want to know why the basilik's fang "killed" the horcrux.  Seems kind of an easy way to destroy a horcrux.  You'd of thought that Voldemort would've made it more impervious to various devices of destruction.

I think this has a lot to do with who was wielding the fang.

Also, I'm with Ping, I don't get why people don't call him Tom Riddle anymore, why they ever agreed to start calling him Voldemort. Pretentious little git.

My guess would be something either along the lines of a threat if anyone dared to call him by his "given" name, or.... perhaps because he only really started taking credit for his evil deeds by the name Voldemort?  For example, nobody really fears the name Usama, but Osama......

Kind of makes me wonder how much independent thought a horcrux has, what a horcrux would do if he was told (and believed) that the current incarnation of Voldemort was out to destroy him.

And if Harry is a horcrux..... oooo, that just brings up all *sorts* of delicious little questions..... 

Cho Chung

• Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2006, 12:32:37 PM »

To play devil's advocate to this whole "Harry is a horcrux" theory, I would venture to say that a horcrux having "independent" thoughts is one thing, but to have a horcrux, namely Harry, be totally opposed to something that seems fundamental to the soul part that is inside the horcrux (and I don't want to get into a philosophical discussion, here, of whether someone's soul can really be fundamentally evil, blah blah blah.  Just take this as an assumption for the sake of this discussion).  I do not think that it is just a personal thing (i.e., you killed my parents, you're after me, I'm gonnna get you); I think Harry is fundamentally opposed to LV and all that he stands for/is about.  Is it possible to be a horcrux and be so totally untouched by all that the soul-part in you stands for?  Or even more than untouched, to be totally opposed to it??

Marold

• Slytherin
  • Sixth-year
  • We are better than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2006, 04:47:29 PM »

I don't believe that Harry is a Horcrux.  I think he see's LV somewhat in the same light as his aunt, uncle and cousin.  Not saying they are pure evil, but how people who are stronger, or believe to have more power than someone else tend to use that fear to over power someone.  So in a sense they are evil.  Since Harry was bullied most of his life and the only time he was ever really accepted was when he was in the Wizarding world.  I for one would want to preserve that world as long as I could if it was the one place I could go for peace and not feel like too much of a freak.

I don't think a person could be a horcrux it woud be too difficult for a body to keep two souls or even one whole one and a part of another without something going wrong.  How could LV live inside of Harry with his ability to love anyway?
Over Grown Teenagerhttp://players.gamernic.com/Guinastasia/mydolls.html

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2006, 08:39:10 AM »

I wonder if another horcrux will have the power of the diary.  Remember, through the diary, Riddle was able to possess and control Jenny.  I am not sure if Riddle was able to do that b/c of the unique nature of the diary, or because it was a horcrux.  However, if a horcrux would allow the soul (or portion thereof) contained within it to still exert control on the outside world, then we need to look at strategic placement of the horcuxes.  YKW would want to have them in safe places, but in places where they could be useful (like the MOM?).  Any thoughts?

Cho Chung

• Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2006, 11:38:45 AM »

Well, the diary only exerted control over Ginny because she allowed it to.  If she had been smarter (no knock on her; she was only 11, I believe), she would have been more wary and it wouldn't have exerted control over her.  It didn't seem like it was the diary itself that took control over her; rather it was her pouring out all her heart and feelings into it that did that.  If that's how horcruxes would work, then I would think it would take more than simply strategic placement to exert control over others.

But then again, what do I know....?

Susan Bones

• Slytherin
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2006, 02:14:36 AM »

Is it possible that Harry's *scar*, not Harry himself, is the last horcrux?

From jkrowling.net FAQ:  "What would have happened if Ginny had died and Tom Riddle had escaped the diary?"

The answer was "It would have strengthened the present-day Voldemort considerably."  JKR also said that she couldn't answer the question fully until Book 7 was completed.

This may explain why Harry's scar (specifically, the scar) hurts whenever YKW is feeling strong emotion, or is nearby.  I imagine horcruxes probably get warmer or shimmer or something when their maker is close by.

Perhaps it was made accidentally?  Can horcruxes be made by accident (once you've split your soul, maybe it becomes so weak it is possible to tear on its own)?

Marold

• Slytherin
  • Sixth-year
  • We are better than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2006, 11:27:43 PM »

The scar could be a possible one.  I'm just wondering though, I doubt it will be answered, is how do you make a horcrux? I don't mean in detail, more like do you have to have a specific object in mind while creating one or is it just whatever is inside.

Hmm... so if the Diary was a Horcrux, does that mean that Tom killed his first person when he was 16 or however old he was?
Over Grown Teenagerhttp://players.gamernic.com/Guinastasia/mydolls.html

SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2006, 02:12:28 AM »

I'm not entirely decided whether I think Harry is a horcrux or not, but I'm leaning toward 'yes.' The biggest argument I can think of to support this is that LV has repeatedly insisted upon being the person to kill Harry. In GoF, he screams something to the effect of "Do not touch him, I will kill him, he is mine!" In OoP, the Death Eaters reveal that they were all ordered not to kill Harry. What possible reason could there be for that? Some might argue that it's just for LV's vindication and revenge, but I think it's because he has a way to retrieve the last portion of his soul stored within Harry.

As for Harry's ability to love, and whether or not it would have been diminished in the presence of YKW's soul, haven't we seen Harry having angry thoughts? Feeling vengeful, and even hateful? We've also seen the connection between Harry and LV, which is mysteriously related to the failed avada kedavra curse. Could that "connection" not be the bit of YKW's soul within Harry?
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Cho Chung

• Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2006, 01:13:41 PM »

As for Harry's ability to love, and whether or not it would have been diminished in the presence of YKW's soul, haven't we seen Harry having angry thoughts? Feeling vengeful, and even hateful?

Well, yes, we have seen him hateful, vengeful, etc.  But, honestly, wouldn't you?  Wouldn't you have hateful, vengeful thoughts to the person who directly killed your mom and dad, indirectly is responsible for the deaths of scores (hundreds?  thousands?) of other people, and who is out to get you?  I mean, isn't it only natural that he would hate LV and want revenge on them?  Isn't it only natural that he would hate Bellatrix and want revenge on her for "killing" Sirius?  Isn't it natural that he would hate Snape for, well, being Snape? 

I guess it would take more than his having experienced hateful thoughts to convince me that he's a horcrux.  So far, that all just makes him seem like a normal, red-blooded, human boy.

Your post raises an interesting question for me, though, Shelly:  How does one "retrieve" one's soul from a horcrux?  Only by destroying it?   

Susan Bones

• Slytherin
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2006, 02:17:07 PM »

Maybe you don't have to take all of your soul out of the Horcrux.  Maybe it's like a savings account; you take a bit as you need it, and leave the rest alone.

SeaShelly:  LV has repeatedly insisted upon being the person to kill Harry. In GoF, he screams something to the effect of "Do not touch him, I will kill him, he is mine!" In OoP, the Death Eaters reveal that they were all ordered not to kill Harry. What possible reason could there be for that? Some might argue that it's just for LV's vindication and revenge, but I think it's because he has a way to retrieve the last portion of his soul stored within Harry.

See my previous post.

Cho Chung

• Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2006, 07:17:20 PM »

Susan, I don't think Harry's scar can be the horcrux.  A horcrux must be made in conjunction with a killing, and the scar was formed when LV attempted to kill Harry but failed.  If it were a horcrux, it would have to be the result of Lily's death.  But we've always been told that the scar was left there after the killing curse rebounded onto LV.

I wonder, however, there is something to the scar being a "quasi" horcrux -- that is, that the failure of the killing curse made the scar an inadvertent horcrux.  So, only part of LV's soul (perhaps the part that speaks parseltongue and a few other things) is in the scar.  I don't know if it's possible to accidentally create a horcrux (that would seem rather dangerous to me), but since Harry's survival of the curse was a once in a lifetime event, who knows what could have happened there? 

//blink blink// 

Yeah, I don't like the idea either. 

Susan Bones

• Slytherin
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2006, 03:32:16 AM »

If it were a horcrux, it would have to be the result of Lily's death.  But we've always been told that the scar was left there after the killing curse rebounded onto LV.

"We've always been told", yes.  But the only people who know for certain are Harry, who was too young to remember; Lily, who died before she could tell anyone about it; and LV himself, who ... well, he's not trustworthy, and he probably hasn't regaled barrooms with tales of his failure.

How do we know that Voldy pulled Kedavra on Harry, anyway?  I just realized that -- was somebody there, that hasn't been mentioned yet?  The story was passed around the wizarding world before Harry even got there.  Who started the story?

I suspect it went something like this:  LV aimed for Harry, Lily jumped in front, Lily died and LV gets tossed backwards.  When the smoke clears LV is gone and Harry has a scar.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up