Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Order of the Phoenix Movie  (Read 747 times)

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
  • Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.
    • View Profile
Order of the Phoenix Movie
« on: June 23, 2004, 11:09:10 PM »

IMDB is projecting a November 2007 release date for the movie.  No cast members or director has signed on as of date.
Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Ro

• Gryffindor
  • Third-year Student
  • Coke, Pepsi, Saline I.V.?
    • View Profile
    • Ratty and Bo
Re: Order of the Phoenix Movie
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 11:11:50 PM »

I thought they were doing a movie a year in order to keep up with the growth of the actors so they can keep the same actors through the entire movie series? Of course, I guess as long as they still look the part it doesn't really matter how old they actually are...

hehe, I think it's still a bit early for them to be singing for OoP...they have to film GoF first!
~*~Ro~*~
"If we fail to anticipate the unforseen or expect the unexpected in the universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that can't be programmed, categorized, or easily refrenced." ~ Special Agent Fox Mulder - The X-Files:Fight the Future

Morgan Granger

• Gryffindor
  • Fifth-year
  • Gryffindor and Proud!
    • View Profile
    • Morgan's Livejournal
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 11:09:06 AM »

Well, you know, in Lizzie McGuire, Gordo was 16 while playing a 13/14 year old...so they're often a lot older...  ;)

In fact, I think they originally started as the same age as their characters, but they've been doing it every other year, but it'll be longer for GoF and OotP if they split it into 2 parts. I think/hope they'll keep the same actors unless they refuse to sign on/they die/they are ill...and so forth... I wonder who'll play Umbridge? That'll be fun to see  ;D

I hold onto secrets, in White Houses
White Houses, Vanessa Carlton

Lauren Weasley

• Graduate, Resident Artist and Quidditch Team Co-Captain
  • Gryffindor
  • Graduate
  • All must bow before the penguin!
    • View Profile
    • Patronus
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 11:56:41 AM »

I think its quite possible for an older actor to realistically portray a younger character, and it happens all the time. Tom Felton is the main example from Harry Potter. I think he's a year or two older than the other kids. The difference here is that Dan, Rupert and Emma all are maturing quickly and look OLDER than their real ages, rather than younger. Gordo from Lizzie McGuire looks really young for his age, so that isn't a problem with him. Gregory Smith is 19/20 and plays an extremely realistic 15/16 year old on Everwood. It depends on the actor, and these actors are going to look too old, especially three years from now.

SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 10:44:58 PM »

I wish I could play Umbridge. Ever since I read the book I've thought that it just sounded like the funnest role. Sometimes when I'm reading, I'll catch myself reading out loud in my "Umbridge-voice." I would have SO much fun with that.  ;D

Then again, talk about age differences, I'm only 16 and she's like... what, 55-60? (I guess.) They never cast younger actors for older roles, when there's plenty of adult actors available.

But, as with GoF, I'm scared to see how much they'll mutilate this movie, seeing how much they had to cut out of the first three.
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Susan Bones

• Special Reporter For The Wizengamot
  • Slytherin
  • Seventh-year
  • Love few. Hate many. Stack the rest in the cellar.
    • View Profile
    • Look for Susan Bones as meepmeep on IrCQ Chat:  Trivia!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 06:58:18 PM »

Shelly, could we get a .wav file of that voice please? :laugh:

Special Reporter for the Wizengamot

Madeleine

• Resident Mum
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Flavor of the week: Chili Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 11:10:05 PM »

I second the motion!

Shelly, you know, they sometimes do cast younger actors for older parts... but usually not until they're all the way grown up.  ;)  And part of the reason they cast older actors for younger parts is the time restrictions on how long younger actors can work in a week.  (And then there's the whole teen angst stuff that lots of directors don't want to have to deal with.  ;))

It sounds like the trio for the movies is pretty darn mature and easy to work with.  I respect that.

I did character acting in high school.  I was always playing mothers, grand-mothers, step-mothers, and various old people.  I'm only 24 but...  *sigh*  But I'm not British.  You know, anymore.  That whole War - what do they call it?  The War of Insurrection?  Is that it?  Everyone else calls it the American Revolution.  Don't they?  Um...   :-[

(Pssst, hey Mad, your ignorance is showing.)  :p  :laugh:
Don't get stuck on stupid.

Susan Bones

• Slytherin
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2004, 12:56:08 PM »

It sounds like the trio for the movies is pretty darn mature and easy to work with.

Everyone except Emma Watson, whom I understand put up a fight when the time came to renew contracts.  She was the last of the three to sign up for "Goblet of Fire".

And yes, they call the War of Insurrection the "Revolutionary War" or "American Revolution" or some such nonsense down here.  The truth is, they let you win. :laugh:

Madeleine

• Resident Mum
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 01:28:10 PM »

^-^  Smart move.  First thing they did right about the Colonies in about a hundred years.  :p

What kind of fight, Susan?  I haven't heard this gossip yet.   ;)

Morrin Midnight

• Gryffindor
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2004, 11:42:41 AM »

My auntie Ronda would be good as Umbridge but not as good as Shelly would  :)

SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2004, 02:33:58 PM »

Dude, if I had a microphone I'd totally record it for you guys.  :laugh:

And it's true they do cast young people to old roles sometimes, but more often you'll see a 28 year old playing a 15 year old, rather than vice-versa. Even when I did some community theater last year, they would only let me in a teensy little role because I was too young to play the older roles. It's frustrating. I wish I could be one of those Mary Kate and Ashley kids who get to start out being famous without any work. *grr*

I dunno, I always have more fun playing the bad guy in plays for some reason. It's fun.  ;D
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Xan

• Slytherin
  • Fifth-year
  • We are better than you
    • View Profile
    • Enter my lair ...
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2004, 04:49:24 AM »

Bad guys are always more fun.  >:D

... err ... I mean ... :p

On-topic, after seeing PoA which I didn't especially enjoy (though after seeing it again, I don't think it was as bad as I thought at first), I don't really want to see what they're going to do to GoF and OOTP. They're going to cut out so much. *shudder*

Also, I liked Tom Felton in CoS (he looked like the perfect Malfoy) but he's far too big now to realistically play a fourteen-year-old. And don't get me started on his hair. :p

When I was watching School of Rock it struck me that the drummer really reminded me of Malfoy. Prolly won't happen, but that would be some good casting if that happened.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

"Do you ever get embarassed at being so thoroughly and consistently mistaken?" ~ Vergere

Spell check is your friend.

Deedra Malfoy

• Slytherin
  • Fifth-year
  • I am a very pleasant mother pheasant plucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2004, 12:09:38 PM »

With the whole ages thing, the kids can be older because the adults are older, right? A Rickman is Snape, who in the books is ike 35-6, while Rickman himself is 63-4. Does this make sense? :-\
Tempus Fugit, so use it wisely

Madeleine

• Resident Mum
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2004, 12:42:14 PM »

Everyone's older than they look in Hollywood, but it's a lot easier to pull off, say, less wrinkles and gray hair ;) than it is to pull off less height and ... um ... effects of puberty.  Like filling out, getting facial hair, and growing more mature looking for guys, and, er...  :-[ well, obviously... um... figure... changes... for girls.  And height and maturity look, although that's not quite as noticable for girls as teens.  They can look a lot older than they are in that respect pretty early on.

Deedra Malfoy

• Slytherin
  • Fifth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2004, 12:57:34 PM »

very true. What was the topic again?

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2004, 07:01:41 PM »

Everyone's older than they look in Hollywood, but it's a lot easier to pull off, say, less wrinkles and gray hair ;) than it is to pull off less height and ... um ... effects of puberty.  Like filling out, getting facial hair, and growing more mature looking for guys, and, er...  :-[ well, obviously... um... figure... changes... for girls.  And height and maturity look, although that's not quite as noticable for girls as teens.  They can look a lot older than they are in that respect pretty early on.

I am from the 90210 generation where 30 somethings were playing teenagers.  It is easier for me to take a 16 year old playing a 13 year old.  Although, I think that casting changes may not be a bad idea.  I get the feeling that the movie studio is trying to churn the movies out so quickly, that quality is being affected.  Perhaps a decision to make casting changes would allow more time to put together better scripts.  I appeciate that things will have to be cut or rearranged for the sake of communicating the story in movie form.  However, I think if the studio took more time to put together a better script, better choices could be made as to what to cut, how to order scenes, etc.  While I like PoA (mostly out of a fondness for the book and enjoying seeing it acted out), I felt cheated when a lot of my favorite parts and backstory were cut.  I worry that GoF and OoP will suffer the same butchering.  In my experience with legal writing, my first draft is normally very long, but if I take the time to edit and revise, I can ususally communicate the same information in a more concise, clear way without foresaking content.  I think the same thing could be done with the movies.

When I was watching School of Rock it struck me that the drummer really reminded me of Malfoy. Prolly won't happen, but that would be some good casting if that happened.

I agree.  Felton has not aged well for the part.  (Same thing with poor Rupert Grint).  I always saw Malfoy as slicker (and a little prettier).  The kid from School of Rock would make a good Malfoy. 

SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2004, 10:31:28 AM »

Hmm, I never thought twice about that kid from School of Rock, but now you mention it, he does seem like a Malfoy. Too bad he's not British.

Ew, I hated Felton's hair too...  :-X

Deedra Malfoy

• Slytherin
  • Fifth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2004, 12:02:36 PM »

The new and improved hang over look? I thought it was nice... and kinda cute! ;D

Xan

• Slytherin
  • Fifth-year
  • We are better than you
    • View Profile
    • Enter my lair ...
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2004, 03:30:48 AM »

Nahh, I loved the slicked-back look. I dunno, I just like that style, especially for evil guys. It also helped make a distinction between Harry and Malfoy ... Harry's the one with messy hair, Malfoy has perfect slicked-back coolness.

But I digress.

It's not actually hard for me to take in a 16-year-old playing a third year - I mean, in the first movie the people who acted the twins were a lot older than 13, and that was fine ... but only if all the third years are sixteen-year-old actors or people who look that age. See, I don't really mind if they look older than they should be, it's just that they should all look the same age, d'you know what I mean? Like in PoA, Malfoy looked so much older than the rest, and that was kind of weird ... if they'd all looked that age it would have been fine.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

"Do you ever get embarassed at being so thoroughly and consistently mistaken?" ~ Vergere

Spell check is your friend.

YamNeo

• Slytherin
  • Fourth-year Student
  • Darkness is the Shadow cast by the Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2004, 06:57:06 PM »

Personally, I hope that Malfoy improves in GoF.

He just looked so lame and dumb in PoA.  Maybe that's what happens when you don't have a house-elf to gel your hair flat for you... ;D
I have found that the pursuit of knowledge and the pursuit of friends often find their paths splitting and running in completely opposite directions.

AnimeZealot X

• Professor of Divinations
  • Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
  • Formal Friday
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2004, 10:33:06 PM »

Yea, i thought they really over played the stupid empty treat foppish malfoy and totaly skiped over the really evil mean malfoy im movie 3. Hopefuly movie 4 and them 5 will remedy that.
"Something's different in my world today: they changed my traffic signs to a brighter yellow." ~ Jason Mraz

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2006, 06:22:35 PM »

IMDB is saying filming starts in February.  Any word on casting?

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2006, 08:35:00 PM »

Filming starts this week?  Has anyone heard any casting rumors?

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2006, 07:50:53 AM »

There's been a few things more come out, cast-wise. The person that's been talked about as Umbridge was confirmed, and they confirmed a couple of other roles. Hadn't heard of the people, though. :(
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2006, 12:23:29 PM »

From imdb.com

Oldman Axed from Harry Potter Film?

Actor Gary Oldman looks unlikely to reprise his role as Sirius Black in the next Harry Potter offering, after reports he has been mysteriously axed from the wizard franchise. Oldman, who has appeared in the last two movies adapted from JK Rowling's popular children's books, has yet to be signed for a third term - even though filming for Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix has already begun. The actor's manager, Douglas Urbanski, tells British newspaper The Sun, "You will be shocked to learn there are no plans for Gary to appear in the film. To say we are puzzled is an understatement at the very least! We are left with no choice but to pursue other employment for him." Vanessa Davis, spokeswoman for production company Warner Brothers, confirms no deal has been reached, but insists there is still time to resolve the confusion. She says, "With any film the priority is confirming the cast who will be on the set from the outset."

HOW CAN THEY MAKE THE MOVIE WITHOUT SIRIUS???????????

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2006, 12:52:54 PM »

That's .... bizarre. I'd heard they hadn't signed a deal yet, but I had assumed they were still working something out. I missed the bit from the agent about finding other employment. That's disheartening. They HAVE to have Sirius! That's the whole freaking point!

One Ping Only

dumbldor

• Gryffindor
  • Second-year Student
  • I have a wand and I know how to use it...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2006, 06:03:16 PM »

they can`t film the fifth movie without sirius because at the end of the fourth book the weasly`s meet sirius and in the fifth book there all at a house together and it would not make sense.
Dragons will get there  revenge.

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2006, 03:51:37 PM »

In case people haven't heard, Oldman HAS been cast officially. I think there may be still one or two more people lingering around without contracts yet, but most people are there.

Apparently Jason Isaacs loves being Lucius and hopes that he gets a prison break and a chance to appear in book 7 so that he can play him again. :D

One Ping Only

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2006, 01:54:53 PM »

He does a great job playing Lucius -he makes me look forward to his scenes (something I don't do in the book).  I am relieved Oldman has been cast - I was worried the movie was going to completely deviate from the book.  How in the world can OoP be distilled into one movie?  My only hope is the Grawp story line is dumped.

dumbldor

• Gryffindor
  • Second-year Student
  • I have a wand and I know how to use it...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2006, 06:15:22 PM »

I disagree!  >:(
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 06:17:50 PM by dumbldor »
Dragons will get there  revenge.

Susan Bones

• Slytherin
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2006, 07:56:19 PM »

George Harris, IMO, is waay to puny to play the powerful Kingsley Shacklebolt.

Here's Delores Umbridge.  I've met this woman a few times; she has horrid manners but I feel she could make a terrific villianess.

And here's Nymphadora Tonks (the one on the left, obviously):

I can't say anything bad or good about her.  I did fantastic renditions of this character in my bathtub on several occasions, but to no avail -- Hollywood has not called me back.

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2006, 11:12:08 PM »

Wait until HBP - a casting change may be in order.

Susan Bones

• Slytherin
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2006, 11:16:37 PM »

No, wait until somebody pulls a Peter Jackson and redoes the whole thing years from now, the RIGHT way.

Now that will be something.

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 11:29:30 AM »

No, wait until somebody pulls a Peter Jackson and redoes the whole thing years from now, the RIGHT way.

Now that will be something.

Word. Just...word. *sad sigh*

One Ping Only

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2006, 07:49:04 PM »

This article, entitled "Rowling to kill two in final HP book" was just posted on Yahoo! - http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060626/people_nm/arts_potter_plot_dc_3

The article focuses on the release date for OoP.  Who will the two unlucky souls be?????

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2007, 01:40:02 PM »

Looks like D.R. will be playing Harry in the remaining movies.  Here is a link to an article confirming his involvement:

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/#article:9581

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2007, 11:57:34 AM »

Anyone seen it yet?

Susan Bones

• Slytherin
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2007, 09:33:55 PM »

My first thoughts were....

Since when is Dudders cross-eyed?

Gee, the "Noble House of Black" has VERY small corridors....

Why the heck are Ron and Hermione dressed as the Bobbsey Twins?

Why did they not show the locket being found?  Isn't it likely that the locket in book 6 is the same or similar to the one found in book 5?

Why did they not have everyone's favorite poltergeist saluting the twins' departure?  (My favorite part of the book!)

No St. Mungo's???

What happened to the Brain Room?  And all the other rooms in the DoM?

Why didn't they make it clear that Trelawney is the one giving the Prophecy?  It explains why Dumbledore kept her on at Hogwarts for so long!

But all in all, it was the best movie of the lot so far.  They did very well on the Umbridge bit, esp. her office (I had nightmares about the kitties, no kidding), the Black Family Tree was done well, the Ministry was *outstanding*, the new way of doing "fireplace talks" was SO much classier than movie 4, and I'm glad they didn't have ALL OF HARRY'S LINES SCREAMED OUT LIKE THE BOOK SUGGESTS.  "Quietly furious" was a much better way to go.  Not to mention the Extending Ear scene with Crookshanks was hilarious.

I was disappointed with the Dept. of Mysteries, the flashback sequences, Tonks, Kingsley, and the lack of St. Mungo's.  Neville seeing his parents..... that could've been done so, so well.

I wish they would've WAITED UNTIL ALL SEVEN books were out before even making the first movie.  It would've solved a LOT of problems.

(P.S.  When Tonks with the pig nose showed up onscreen, my theater companion whispered, "Wow!  Paula Abdul is in this one?")
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 09:35:52 PM by Susan Bones »

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2007, 10:47:51 AM »

I just saw it last night. I did feel that the St. Mungo's departure took out what could have been some pretty intense emotional impact. Matthew Lewis seems to be maturing quite well as an actor, and it would have been nice to see.

My biggest HUH?? moment was Cho being the one to give up the DA. And Veratiserum? Um...no. Like, probably it works if you haven't read the book, but I was just giving it a big ole HUH??? Didn't help that the explanation felt VERY clunky when it finally came.

On the whole, I felt like this was a really good movie. It was probably one of the loosest adaptations, especially of the climactic scene. I was waiting for Dumbledore to do the "there are things worse than death" to Voldemort, but then, not doing that made it Harry's triumph, which I think is really cool. In some ways, I actually like it better than the book.

There were a few scenes that I wanted to see a bit more of, but were soooo fast I could hardly get an idea of what happened before it was gone. There were only a couple of shots/scenes that I felt could be shorter. (Yes, yes, riding broomsticks through London is cool, but ... *sigh*)

One thing that surprised me was that Regulus Black wasn't mentioned in relation to the Noble House of Black. If he is, indeed, RAB, that's going to take a quick visit from the exposition fairy come movie 7.

I LOVED Fred and George's send-off. So cool! And they were unexpectedly very attractive this movie.

Umbridge had me squirming in my chair. The cat plates on the wall made me nauseous! I was curled up in a ball going "EWEWEWEW!!!" as quietly as I could. *shudder* Hat's off to Imelda Stauton! That must have been a BLAST of a role to play. :)

The Occlumency lessons were weird. The way they set things up and what Snape saw, it really seems to set him up as more of a bad guy/spy type, because he saw what Voldemort used to get at Harry. I'm not sure if this is just an unexpected side-effect of the shortened nature of things or what, but I was a bit surprised.

Luna was awesome, despite the somewhat-thin and wavering accent.

As someone else said, Ron and Hermione were pretty sparsely in this movie. (There's not a lot of it to be in, really.) I think a lot of that, though, was just the nature of Harry cutting himself off from people. There wasn't much they were doing in the book related to him, so I can accept that there's not much for them to be doing in the movie. Hermoine seemed a bit over-anxious the whole movie, though.

I love Hagrid.

The scene with Trelawny being kicked out was very touching. I wanted to give her a big hug.

I don't actually hate this Dumbledore, which a friend of mine does. I understand why they've curtailed him a bit. (Though the fight with Voldie was awesome.) But I think they could have done a bit more with him than they did.

It's been so long since I read the book, so maybe it was this way, but Lucius as the spokesperson for Voldemort was a beautiful choice. Jason Isaacs does a great job with his lines.

I do agree, in general, Susan, that they would be better movies if they'd waited for the books to be done, but I can also understand the need to strike while the iron is hot. I'm just hoping that, maybe in another 20 years or so, someone else will go through and re-make them better. :D

Still, though, I think this was one of my favorites.

One Ping Only

Heather

• Prefect
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2007, 03:54:50 PM »

I saw it both in IMAX and in a regular theater.  I almost got sick watching it in IMAX - the shots were much better in a traditional model. 

Overall, I concur with Ping's sentiment.  What is missing could be very telling in light of the fact that JKR told the director to put Kreacher in the movie after seeing he had not been included.  However, my attention has now moved a slightly more important event in just over 24 hours . . .

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2007, 04:51:45 PM »

Ah, I remember reading that one character was put in, but I didn't remember who.  Hrm.

Am I the only one who was thinking "My preciousssss" whenever Kreacher talked?

One Ping Only

Penelope Clearwater

• First-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2007, 11:22:19 AM »

Haven't come in here in ages :) How's everyone? Very excited about the release of Book 7 I bet. Too bad my pre-ordered book from Amazon won't reach me till mid August. No book stores in where I stay are selling the book. The only one that may have the book will only get the shipment after July 21. SIGH!

Anyway, I just want to say that I loved OotP movie so much! Best HP movie ever! Loved every minute of it. I felt like crying at every scene..so embarrassing! I did wish they included St. Mungo's in the movie though. Would've been awesome to see what a wizard hospital is like. I loved the MoM scenes...exactly the way I pictured the MoM to be. I was disappointed that they didn't show the Brain Room etc in the Department of Mysteries but at least the fight scenes were good. Loved the special effects with the black shadows being the Death Eaters while the white represented the good guys from the OotP. Oh ya, I was disappointed that they didn't show Mrs Black's screaming portrait in the Black house. The family tree was really nicely done though.

I thought Daniel Radcliff acted really well in this movie. He really showed how angsty Harry was in Book 6. In fact, most actors and actresses really played their part well. The Umbridge woman was every bit I imagined her to be. Same goes for Bellatrix Lestrange.

So ya, this is my favourite HP so far. In fact, I would say it's the only HP movie I like so far :)

Susan Bones

• Slytherin
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2007, 06:41:22 PM »

Also, WHERE oh WHERE was Mrs. Black????? [EDIT:  Sorry, Pen, I just noticed that you had said the exact same thing in your post above mine.  You get credit for thinking of it first.]

I was so looking forward to seeing her screaming at the Order.  No house-elves on the wall, either, I notice.

I'll say it again.  I WISH they had waited until all 7 books were out before making even the first movie.  You can't cut out unimportant stuff when you don't know what's going to be important.

Yeah, sure, go ahead and cut out where the kids are cleaning up Grimmauld Place.... now how are you going to play the scene where Harry remembers seeing the locket...... really gonna mess up movie 7, won't it?

Idiots.   :P

BTW, Penny, I also pre-ordered a book yet still stood in line to get one.  Overkill, perhaps .... ?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 09:16:03 AM by Susan Bones »

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up