Author Topic: Role Play Spectacular!  (Read 722 times)

Offline SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
Role Play Spectacular!
« on: June 30, 2005, 11:42:14 PM »
Ever since Shelly's expulsion, she had been reluctant to pull pranks as she had used to. In fact, the last time she had broken a school rule was when she had, well, been expelled. She was afraid to do anything to jeopardize her new wonderful position as Keeper of Keys and Grounds, even if it meant fading into the background and performing her duties quietly. But Shelly was bored. She had never been one to sit still for long, and things had just been too quiet for too long. It was time to shake things up a bit. What harm could one little prank do?

Soon after moving into her office, Shelly had noticed a small, secret compartment in the closet, where she now sat crosslegged on the floor. She stared intently at a small cauldron, stirring the contents first in clockwise, then counterclockwise directions. She glanced at her watch, then removed the cauldron from the heat, setting it to cool. Just because her wand had been snapped didn't mean she couldn't brew a couple of potions, right? That doesn't really count as magic, right? Right?

She emptied the potion into a couple of small flasks, slid them into a handy loop on her belt, and left the office, making sure to close and lock the door behind her. She stuck her keyring into a pocket of the jeans she now favored instead of wizards robes, and headed in the direction of the kitchen. She slid down the banister of the stairs, waving at several of her old housemates and a group of Hufflepuffs as she went by. She also passed a group of rather suspicious looking Slytherins, but that was normal, too. That particular group always looked at her as though they resented the fact that she was still at Hogwarts.

As she walked past the trophy room on her way to the kitchens, she heard a loud banging and muffled shouting, as though someone was locked in. As she fumbled with her keys to unlock the door, she thought she heard the voice on the other side mumble in a scarcely audible voice "Oh, it's you," though it could have just been her imagination.
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Offline Christine

• Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
Re: Role Play Spectacular!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 10:48:42 AM »
Christine was standing with some of her fellow Hufflepuffs on the landing of the stairs leading down to the kitchens.  Having just been released from Snape’s dungeons, they were taking it in turn to gripe about their Potions homework. 

“A foot and a half on the importance of boomslang in potion making, I mean really!” she heard one of her classmates exclaim. 

“Oh come on,” said Christine calmly, “It’s not that bad.  Snape could have given us a lot worse or-” 

She was stopped short at the sight of a girl sliding down the railing of the staircase.  Upon closer inspection she saw it was Shelly, the Gryffindor who had been expelled.  Shelly looked very happy, laughing and waving at her old classmates.  Very cheery for someone who had just had their wand snapped, she thought.  Christine remembered hearing stories about what Shelly had done before she had been expelled; none of them had been good for the people involved.  She had the fleeting thought that she wanted to be as far from what Shelly was up to as possible, so she hurried off to her common room to start on Snape’s essay.  Whatever Shelly was going to do, she wanted no part in it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 11:18:08 AM by Christine »
"Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"
                                                            -Obi-Wan, Star Wars

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 02:09:01 AM »
[OOC: Should I take that to mean that you don't want to be included in the role playing at all? Just for future reference, so I don't inadvertantly drag you in. ;D]
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Offline Christine

• Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 09:17:06 AM »
OOC:  If you want to drag me in, I wouldn't oppose at all.  My character might, but I'm happy to participate! That's up to you.
                                                            -Obi-Wan, Star Wars

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 04:19:27 AM »
[OOC: OK, cool. Since you're the only one who's expressed interest in joining so far, I might just have to do that. *shoots meaningful glance at rest of board* A little bit of role play never hurt anybody, you know! There might even be points in it. *cough* ^_^]

Shelly couldn't seem to find the correct key. She tried several, but none of them seemed to fit the lock. She had learned what many of the keys were for in the few weeks since she had obtained them, but by no means had she unlocked every door yet, and Filch always chased Shelly away from the trophy room. Filch chased her away from everywhere, come to think of it. He seemed to find Shelly a nuisance, and something of a threat to his job. Shelly was sure he had even been sending Mrs. Norris to her office to spy on her.

After it seemed like she had tried every key about forty two times, she knocked on the door of the trophy room. "Hang tight in there, OK? I can't find the key, so I'm going to get some help." The trapped person greeted her comment with silence, which Shelly took to either mean "OK, no problem," or "Jeez, some Keeper of the Keys you are."

So where could she go for help with these keys? She knew that Dumbledore was gone for the day meeting with some Ministry people or something, and Filch would probably just sneer. Since she was on the first floor, she supposed that either the dungeons or the kitchens would be quickest. Shelly hadn't had a run-in with Snape since she'd been expelled, and she didn't care to start now, so she decided on the kitchens. She briskly walked in the direction of the kitchens when she saw a wooden door in a corridor slide closed with a small phut sound. She remembered that it was the entrance to the Hufflepuff common room. She had even snuck in there once during third year. Ah, fond memories.

Shelly also recalled that Professor Sprout was often in her common room, especially on Thursdays when she held meetings with the Hufflepuff students to discuss house loyalty or Quidditch or something. And today just happened to be Thursday. Shelly glanced once at the portrait of the bowl of fruit leading to the kitchen, and set off in the direction of the Hufflepuff Common Room instead, to ask Professor Sprout for help. Really, what help could the house elves have given? Shelly supposed she still had the potion flasks in her belt in mind, and decided to push it away for now, until she rescued the student locked in the trophy room.

Arriving at the large wooden door which led to the cellars, Shelly paused. She had been offered limited Common Room access with her new job, but she had also been warned not to overdo it. She raised her fist to knock, then decided that this qualified as an emergency and gave the password to enter the common room. The door swung open and Shelly stepped inside.

The Hufflepuff common room was different from the Gryffindors' in several ways. The first word she thought of to describe it was cozy. She had seen all the common rooms at least once during her younger years, and, though she would never admit it, she really liked the Hufflepuffs' better even than Gryffindor's. Slytherin's was too dark and grey and Ravenclaw's was too scholarly and sterile. Gryffindor's was OK, but they never put that blasted fire out, and she had never been fond of the bearskin rug or the color scheme on the lampshades. But everything in the Hufflepuff common seemed to invite you to make yourself at home. The soft poufs and recliner chairs were arranged in a rough circle to encourage communication, and there was a vague scent in the air that reminded Shelly vaguely of her Grandmother's house.

Shelly abruptly stopped gazing at the scenery when she realized that all the Hufflepuff students were staring at her. "I, er..." she stammered. "I was wondering if I could talk to Professor Sprout..."
"She's not here," said a Hufflepuff sixth year. "You just missed her."
"Oh... um, OK," said Shelly. She didn't know quite how to phrase her next question. She never knew quite where she stood with the Hufflepuffs. Sometimes she was sure they were friendly and that she could talk to them, but other times they seemed to oppose outsiders infringing on their personal space. And their common room definitely qualified as personal space.

"So... can someone here help me with something real quick?" asked Shelly. She figured that if she could just get a student to unlock the door by magic, she could get on with... other things. But nobody seemed to want to volunteer. "Anyone at all?..." It occured to Shelly then that the Hufflepuffs might be afraid of her. She supposed she couldn't blame them, they had probably heard all kinds of exaggerated stories about her expulsion, and regarded her as dangerous. But it wasn't fair! She just needed a quick spell to unlock a door, she didn't want to mug anybody or anything.

Shelly picked out a girl sitting at a table with a Potions book open, writing an essay, and pointed. "You, uhh, Justine or Kristy or something, isn't it? If you do this for me real quick, I'll help you with your potions homework later."

Offline Christine

• Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 10:41:08 AM »
Christine looked up from her Potions homework to find the girl she had seen earlier pointing straight at her.  “Um… my name’s Christine.”  she said slowly.  She eyed the Shelly warily.  She looked uncomfortable, which was understandable seeing as she was standing in the middle of a room of staring Hufflepuffs.  “Why would I want your help with my Potions homework?”

“Well, uh, you look kind of confused there.”  said Shelly.

“Well I am, but that doesn’t mean I want your help.  I would prefer to do my own homework.”  said Christine.  She had decided to stick to her original plan: steer clear of whatever Shelly was doing.

Christine could have swore that she heard Shelly mutter “cursed, hard-working Hufflepuffs” under her breath, though her lips didn‘t visibly move.  “Well, can you please just help me?  I’m not allowed to do magic anymore and some kid’s gone and locked themselves in the trophy room.”  Shelly looked impatient and a little desperate.

“So use your keys.  You are Keeper of the Keys, aren’t you?”  Christine asked, eyeing the key ring in Shelly’s pocket.  She was grasping at straws; she really didn’t want to get involved.

“Uh, well, you see, I don’t really know which key opens that door.” said Shelly.  Christine thought she looked rather annoyed that she had to admit that.

Despite her admonition to herself not to get involved, Christine felt herself wanting to help.  The last thing she wanted to do was get in trouble, but she would feel bad if she just left Shelly hanging.  “Okay, I’ll do it.“ she said, knowing in the back of her mind that she would probably regret it later.  She carefully marked the place in her Potions book and put it on the table with the start of her essay.  She stood up and followed Shelly across the common room and out the door, enduring a few glares from her classmates along the way.

Once in the corridor, Christine followed Shelly down the hall.  Stopping outside a door, Shelly made a small sweeping motion with her hands.  “All yours.” she said, and backed away a bit.  Christine pulled out her wand.  “Alohomora.”  she said, and the door made a faint click, then swung open.  Both the girls peered inside the room.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 07:57:00 PM by Christine »
                                                            -Obi-Wan, Star Wars

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 08:32:46 PM »
Shelly looked in the room, expecting to see a student looking lost, bewildered, and probably thankful. She may even have been expecting to see some snide Slytherin looking disdainful. Heck, she wouldn't have even been surprised to see a teacher in there. But she was surprised at what she did see, which was absolutely nothing. Nothing but a dark trophy room full of dusty plaques and faded tapestries.

"Hello?" said Shelly, wondering if the student was behind a pedestal or in a back corner. When Shelly got no response, she bellowed "HELLO?" causing Christine to wince. "Sorry," said Shelly hurredly, as she stepped into the dark room. She began rummaging through her pockets and pulled out a small rectangular piece of plastic. It was one of Shelly's favorite Muggle inventions, and she had been using it quite often since she had been banned from using magic. "It's called a lighter," she told Christine, just in case she had been wondering. Shelly began lighting the lanterns positioned around the room and inspecting the corners, wondering where the kid would have gone.

"Well?" said Shelly impatently. "Help me look!"

Christine stepped into the room with some reluctance and began inspecting corners. "Hey," said Christine. "What if the student got let out by Filch or something?"

Shelly shook her head. "Nope, doubt it. Otherwise, why would the trophy room have been locked? They never lock it on weekdays. Actually, I don't even know why it was locked in the first place. This just gets weirder."

Just as Shelly said that, both girls jumped and turned toward the door, which had just slammed shut with a loud thud. Shelly ran over to the door and jerked on the handle, but it was locked fast. She shouted her frustration and banged on the door, but nobody answered. This must be someone's stupid idea of a prank, thought Shelly. She knew most people didn't like her, but getting someone to pretend to be locked in a room so that she would try and save them, just to get locked in herself...? That was pretty low. Well, at least she had one-upped them this time. She had brought someone with a wand with her. It was ironic, her own ignorance saved her from being locked in here for hours.

"Christine?" said Shelly. "Will you open this door for me please? I have something I've got to do." She didn't mention that she wanted to see whoever had locked her in before they ran away, and either report them or tackle them into the ground. Also, she still had her potion vials with her, which would be sure to shake things up nicely later, even if she didn't get to be the hero and save someone from the trophy room.

But Shelly had a nasty thought. What if whoever was in here earlier wasn't faking? If that was the case, (s)he would have tried alohomora him/herself, right? Shelly knew that it was possible to bewitch a door so that alohomora wouldn't work, and though she couldn't see why the trophy room would need that kind of protection, something told her that she wasn't in here just as the result of a prank. Well, it was worth a shot, right? Shelly turned politely to Christine.

Offline Christine

• Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 05:16:28 PM »
“Could you, uh, please try to let us out of here?”  Shelly asked, gesturing towards the locked door.

“Oh, uh, yeah.”  Christine said, slightly flustered.  She again withdrew her wand from her robes and pointed it at the door.  “Alohomora.”

For a fraction of a second, everything was silent.  The door hadn’t made a clicking noise, or any noise for that matter, and it hadn’t popped open.  Christine had just enough time to realize that something was wrong before she felt herself being thrown back through the air away from the door.  She landed against the opposite wall with a loud thud, and slid down until she hit the hard floor.

“Are you alright?” asked Shelly, hurrying over to where Christine was now sitting.  She didn’t look surprised.

“You knew that was going to happen, and you let me try anyway, didn’t you?  I could have been hurt!”

“Well, yeah, I kind of figured that ‘Alohomora’  wouldn’t work, but I didn’t know it would actually throw you across the room for trying.” Shelly said, somewhat defensively.

“Fine, whatever.” Christine said, taking the hand Shelly had extended to help her up.  She certainly didn’t want to alienate the only person she had on her side, at least not until they were out of this mess.

“Well,” Christine began once she was back on her feet, “There has to be some other way out of here, because the student in here earlier obviously managed.”  She began walking along the wall, running her fingers over the stone as she went.  Shelly caught on and began doing the same along another wall. 

After about a minute of looking, a tapestry on the wall caught Christine’s eye.  “Hey, come over here.” she said, beckoning Shelly.  “This is hanging awful weird, it’s like it leans into the wall in the middle, see?  It dips inward.” Christine traced the shape of it with her hand, and gently pushed at the part where it seemed to go in.  Then she took the tapestry in her hand and gently pulled it back from the wall.  There behind it, was an opening just big enough for a person to crawl through.

“It looks like some kind of tunnel.” Christine said, peering down it.
                                                            -Obi-Wan, Star Wars

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 06:11:07 PM »
Whoa, thought Shelly. And she thought she'd been everywhere in this school. Did this place never run out of secrets? Shelly examined the opening to the tunnel, wishing she could see how far it went. It seemed to slope downward and curve slightly to the left. Well, only one way to find out where it goes, right? Shelly grabbed a lit candle out of the nearest lamp and crawled into the opening. Behind her, she heard Christine say "Wait!" Shelly heaved a sigh and crawled back out of the tunnel. "Yes?" she said with mixed politeness and exasperation.

"What are you doing?" whispered Christine with a slight edge of panic. "It could be dangerous in there!"
"Got any better ideas?" asked Shelly, arms held wide to emphasize their total lack of solutions.
"Well, no, but shouldn't we, you know, talk about it first?"
Geez, who do you think you are? Cho or something? thought Shelly silently. Out loud she said "Um, what's there to talk about? We go until we get to the end. Case closed."

Christine gave Shelly an eye roll that said quite clearly Gryffindors... and Shelly went back into the hole in the wall, beckoning Christine to follow.

Shelly had never been one for useless words and time wasting, and she got annoyed easily with people who were, Unfortunately, almost everyone else in the world seemed to like to talk things through and deliberate for hours on end before actually doing anything, so Shelly was annoyed with people a lot of the time. She tried to hold back her irritation for now, though. Christine wasn't even a Gryffindor, she couldn't be expected to act like one, and Shelly had gotten her stuck in the first place, so she resolved not to complain... for now.

After crawling in the tunnel for a while, Shelly noticed it seemed to be turning into quite a tight fit. Shelly was what a politically correct person would call "big-boned." One unlucky Slytherin second year had once used the term "fat" to describe her, but after he got out of the hospital wing several weeks later, nobody else dared to use that particular word in her presence again. The fact remained, however, that Shelly's rear end was now uncomfortably squeezed against the walls of the tunnel and Christine was probably feeling very awkward, not least because the light from the candle was no longer illuminating the segment of tunnel behind Shelly.

Shelly came to a quick decision. It would mean giving herself away, but better to lose one prank than be stuck in this tunnel for the rest of her life. Shelly yelled backward at Christine "Back up for a second! I need to do something!" Shelly began crawling backward until she had enough space to reach down to her belt loop. Holding the candle to her vials of potion, she selected the blue-grey colored potion and stuck her little finger inside. It would only take a little bit. She licked off her finger and shut her eyes tight.

It happened almost instantaneously. Shelly had experienced the unpleasant sensation of shrinking many times in her life, but she never got used to the strange rearrangement of bones and organs that came with it. Luckily it only lasted for a moment, because before long, Shelly was less than two feet tall and was holding a candle the size of her forearm and a vial bigger than her foot. She got up to a kneeling position inside the tunnel and tried to replace the vial in her belt. Then she discovered that her belt loops had shrunk along with the rest of her clothing, and because they were locked in place around the vials, her toolbelt was now broken. Shelly turned back to a very shocked-looking Christine and asked in a high, squeaky voice "Would you hold these for me?"

Offline Christine

• Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 04:47:09 PM »
Christine heard Shelly ask a question, but she paid little attention to it.  She was too busy focusing on the now tiny girl that was knelt in front of her.  Being only a third year, Christine had not yet covered shrinking potions with Snape.  None of the Hufflepuffs were trouble makers that brewed up mysterious potions either, so she had never seen the potion in effect before.  Shelly had, before her eyes, shrunk small enough that she could almost stand up in the cramped tunnel.  Christine, having always been a bit tall and lanky, was basically laying on her stomach in the tunnel, her long legs stretched out behind her.

“You’re smaller than Professor Flitwick!” Christine said, somewhat awed.

“Yeah, yeah, but can you please hold these?  My tool belt shrunk too small to fit them.”  Shelly squeaked, putting some potion flasks into Christine’s hands.  

“What are these?” Christine asked, eyeing the mixtures suspiciously.  “What were you going to use them for?”  She was willing to bet that Shelly hadn’t brewed them on the off chance that she would get stuck in a hidden passageway in the back of the school’s trophy room.

“That’s not something that you need to worry about.  Just hold them for me, please.”  Shelly replied coolly, turning around and starting off down the tunnel again, this time moving much more easily.  Christine made sure the corks were in the potions securely before stowing them in an inside pocket of her robes.

They continued down the tunnel for quite some time.  At one point Christine lit her wand and read her watch.  It showed that it was about 5:15.  She had left her common room around 3:30.  That had probably been about half an hour ago, Christine figured, which meant that they had been crawling through the tunnel about two hours, without the time it took them to find the passageway in the first place.  The lack of light made her head hurt, and so much dust and grime was on her glasses that she couldn’t have seen much even if there was more light.  

Shelly was having a much better time than she was.  Being under two feet tall, she could practically walk down the tunnel.  Christine was about 5’8”, so she had to wriggle along most of the way on her stomach.  So much dust was on her robes that when she ran her hand across them in an attempt to clean some of it off, a great plume formed in the air and made her sneeze like mad.  

She was just thinking dismally that they would never get out of the tunnel, that they would just keeping crawling along it until they passed out, when Shelly shouted “I see the end!” from up ahead.  

“Really?” questioned Christine groggily.  She turned a sharp corner of the tunnel and saw light up ahead.  Shelly’s tiny frame was silhouetted against the dim light coming through the end of the passageway.  Even the small amount of brightness made Christine’s eyes sore after the almost pitch dark tunnel.  

“Come on!” squeaked Shelly impatiently.  “Do you want to get out of this thing or not?”  She was obviously irritated at the slow pace at which Christine was inching along the tunnel.

“Well, I’m not midget sized, so it takes me a little longer.”  Christine said edgily.  

She made it to the end of the passage where Shelly stood.  “I’m going out.” Shelly said abruptly, and stepped out of the end of the tunnel before Christine could stop her.  She was amazed that she would just do something like that without even talking about it first, but followed her anyway.

-Obi-Wan, Star Wars

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 05:15:48 PM »
Shelly stepped out of the tunnel, blinking her eyes against the the candlelit room. She stuck out her hand and leaned against the wall to steady herself, because her legs were wobbly. The first thing she noticed was that the wall she was leaning against was not made of dirt, but rather a smooth, polished wood. Within a few moments, she could open her eyes and make out details of the room. Shelly's mouth fell open as she beheld the large cavern. Candles were lit every few feet along the wall, and there were several doors leading to who knows where. Shelly sensed something odd about the room, but it was not until Christine finally worked her way out of the hole in the wall that Shelly realized what it was. All of the candles, the doors, even the small shelves that she now saw in the room--they were perfectly Shelly-sized! If they were to go into the next room, Christine would have to get on her belly and crawl just to get through the door that Shelly could open up and walk through!

She stepped forward, and to her surprise, heard a small gasp of shock coming from behind the nearest shelf. She tenatively took another small step and said "Hello? Come on out!" To Shelly's very great surprise, she found herself looking up into the face of a house elf Shelly had spent a great deal of her time in the Hogwarts kitchens and knew most of the house elves by name, but she didn't think she'd ever met this one. The elf seemed to know her, though.

"Miss Shelly!" said the elf in a very high voice, bowing slightly and smoothing out the wrinkles in her tea towel. "Tinny did not recognize you at first, you are smaller even than I! What brings you here?"

Shelly felt very strange looking up to a house elf, but answered "We got locked in the trophy room and found the tunnel. Where are we, anyways?"

Tinny gestured to the cavern and said "This, Miss Shelly, is the HERRC. The House Elf Relaxation and Recreation Center."

As though they had been waiting for this signal, dozens of house elves poured out from behind shelves, inside doors, even a few from behind a tapestry. This must be where the house elves lived! It explained almost everything: The small doors, the lowered shelves, even the tight tunnel leading out from the trophy room right next to the kitchens! Many of the elves Shelly knew well came up to her and bowed. Shelly smiled and waved to all of them. She supposed the house elves needed somewhere to live, too. Shelly had never really given it a thought before, but they obviously didn't sleep in the kitchen.

Shelly looked around at Christine and grinned. "House elves!!" she said gleefully.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 02:39:24 AM by SeaShelly3 »

Offline Christine

• Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2005, 08:48:58 PM »
Christine looked around in complete bewilderment.  “But what are House elves doing at Hogwarts?” she asked, peering down at the tiny creatures and Shelly. 

Shelly looked back at Christine with something close to pity.  “You’ve never snuck into the school kitchens?  Not even once?” she asked.

“No, I haven’t.  But what does that have to do with House elves?”  Christine asked back.

“Excuse me, Miss,”  said the elf named Tinny as she stepped tentatively forward, “but we elves make all of the food at Hogwarts.  We also clean the school and watch over the fires, and anything else that needs doing.”  Tinny looked up at Christine with huge, intensely bright blue eyes.

Christine took her eyes from Tinny’s and looked around the tiny room.  Numerous doors led off in different directions down a long hall in front of them.  Most of the doors in sight were now open, with elves sticking their little heads out.  “Tinny, exactly how many elves are there at Hogwarts?” she asked.

“There is close to 120 House elves working at Hogwarts.  ‘Tis very hard work to cook for so many students and clean such a very large school.” the tiny elf replied, once again gazing at Christine with those huge eyes.

“I’ll bet it is.” said Christine.  She got tired just walking through the school; she couldn’t imagine having to clean the entire place. 

“What exactly is it that you guys do down here, when you’re not working?” Shelly asked, looking highly curious. 

“Oh many things, Miss Shelly, many things!” Tinny said, smiling broadly.  “We has game rooms and bedrooms, and our own swimming pool, Miss Shelly!  Tinny especially likes swimming.  Yes, Dumbledore sir is very good to us, too good, really.  For a house elf such extravagance as this is rare.”

“You elves like Dumbledore, then?” Christine paraphrased, looking around the tiny space.

“Oh yes, most certainly Miss.  We is most fortunate to have him as our master.  He even is known to give House elves pay if they is asking for it.”  Tinny gave a small shudder at those words.  “That is too much for Tinny.  Sometimes Sir’s graciousness amazes us elves.”

Shelly struck up a conversation with Tinny and several of the other elves.  Christine wasn’t really participating; she was getting a bit tired of the elf-sized room.  The ceiling was so low that she had to stand uncomfortably bent over.  Her back was throbbing and the pain was worsening the head ache she already had from their journey down the tunnel.  Shelly, however, was having a good old time, looking around curiously and chatting animatedly with the elves.

Christine was just going to voice her problem when Shelly and the elves abruptly stopped talking.  Behind them, a loud clanging was issuing from the tunnel the girls had entered the HERRC through.  It sounded as though someone or something was trying to get through the passageway.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 10:09:31 AM by Christine »
                                                            -Obi-Wan, Star Wars

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 01:15:21 AM »
Something about Tinny's story didn't quite register with Shelly. Most house elves Shelly knew refused to have recreation in their lives, preferring instead to find things to work on. She knew very few house elves that ever deviated from this pattern, and, come to think of it, Shelly was quite sure she had never seen Tinny in the kitchens or around the castle, though some of the other elves that had shaken her hand were familiar. Could it be that there were house elves that lived here and didn't help clean the school? It just didn't make sense. She continued to talk to Tinny, but she couldn't shake a strange feeling she had... something wasn't right about this elf. Her speech, for one thing. She seemed to have perfect grammar, when most of the elves Shelly knew tended to speak with a distinct style unique to elves. And the way she had looked at Christine earlier, like she was entranced with her appearance. It was unnerving.

When they heard the sounds coming out of the tunnel, Shelly looked around in bewilderment. How would someone else have found that secret passage? Then it clicked: it must have been the same person who was caught in the trophy room before. But how had Christine and Shelly beaten whoever it was down here? The house elves were in disarray. Shelly knew they were typically very shy, and suspected they had only come out because she was familiar to them. But a total stranger, wandering into this sanctuary for the house elves? Just as it seemed all of the elves had disappeared back into the little doors around the room, Shelly noticed that Tinny was still standing right next to her, still staring at Christine.

Suddenly, the noises inside the tunnel stopped. Shelly waited for whoever was inside to resume crawling toward the light, but nothing happened. They must be stuck! Shelly clambored up to the opening of the tunnel with difficulty and peered inside. Sure enough, she saw the dark shape of a person lodged in the tunnel. Shelly yelled at the person (a bit too loudly, considering they were in a tunnel) to back up. All she heard in response was a choked whisper "...can't" Shelly crawled over and pushed on the person's head to try and get them to back up, and finally, the person slid back about two feet. "Keep going!" said Shelly. "I'll get you out of here!"

She hopped back out of the tunnel and walked over to Christine, who was still standing rather uncomfortably in the small room. Shelly was trying to decide what to do. Either she could grab Christine's wand and blow out a section out of the tunnel, she could tell Christine to do it for her, or she could use her potion to shrink the person in the tunnel. Shelly could have kicked herself--she had almost brought along an exploding potion, but she figured it would have been too dangerous and incriminating. Well, no use crying over spilt potion. Shelly took a (short) moment and weighed her options carefully.

If she blew a hole in the tunnel herself, she was sure she could get it just right, since she could get inside the tunnel without difficulty. But there was still the problem of not being allowed to use magic, and Shelly was scared of getting caught lately. But, to be perfectly honest, Shelly didn't really trust Christine with something like this. She was only a third year, after all, and a wrong move could cause the whole tunnel to cave in. But if Shelly were to shrink the person, and that person were to tell on her to the right people, Shelly could get in huge trouble.

There was nothing else she could do. She had to do it herself. Shelly didn't think Christine would just let her use the wand, so she jumped up as high as she could and grabbed it out of Christine's back pocket. Ignoring the shouts and praying she wouldn't get in trouble, Shelly leapt back up into the hole and half ran, half crawled forward until she collided with the person, who was several yards back. After turning around so that she was again facing the HERRC, she took careful aim. Shelly shouted her first incantation in months: "Reducto!"

Though she had tried to hold back the spell, the explosion was bigger than Shelly planned it to be, but at least the whole thing hadn't caved in. And it looked like the person behind her had a lot more room to move around, though they were coughing and sputtering. Shelly ran forward (without having to stoop this time) and hopped out of the hole. She pushed the wand back into Christine's hand, hoping that somehow she could pretend it had been the taller girl the whole time. Turning away from the bewildered stares of Christine and the house elf, Shelly waited to see who would come out of the hole.

Offline Christine

• Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005, 04:33:54 PM »
OOC:  Okay rest of the board, I do believe that's your cue!  Is a bit of RP really so scary?
                                                            -Obi-Wan, Star Wars

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
  • look into my eyes, you will do my bidding now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2005, 10:09:33 AM »
Willow toppled out onto the floor with a crunch, she knew she shouldn't have worn her winter coat today for that was the very reason she had got stuck in the tunnel. The weedy girl looked positively ridicolous in the large puffy coat but mama had told her to wear it so as not to get ill again, darn her mama.
Her eyes registered the tiny Shelly, "Oh my...oh no!"
"No, don't worry I'm just a normal person shrunk, thats all." explained Shelly.
"Please, I'm begging you, don't blow me up! I've never done anything to you, please Shelly!" Willow had heard of the girl and her "adventures" and did not wish to be a part of it.
With her last grain of hope, she shrugged off her coat and lept back into the tunnel opening, only to open her eyes in horror at a sight no one could see and scream like a harpie.
High ho! High ho! Off to boarding school I go.... The joys of life. Woopee.

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2005, 01:28:06 AM »
Shelly frowned in annoyance. She was awfully tired of being so unpopular around the place. Really, make one mistake (albeit a rather huge one) and the entire school held it against you forever! She'd never even met this girl, and yet her reputation preceeded her. "Hey," she said aggressively, "I just saved your life, and I'll thank you to be a little less--"

She was cut off, however, when the girl leapt headfirst back into the tunnel, seemingly desperate to get away from Shelly. "Oh brother, how ridiculous!" Shelly exclaimed, folding her arms and scowling. When she heard a loud, though muffled scream coming from the tunnel, though, she forgot her anger and went back to the the opening, looking for the cause of the disturbance. The drama queen girl crawled backward out of the tunnel and scooted back to where Christine and the house elf stood, and Shelly hoisted herself to the opening.

It was a complete disaster. Shelly's eyes widened, her mouth opened in shock, and she slumped to the floor. She couldn't imagine what kind of trouble she would be in now. Apparently when she had blown up the tunnel, she had negelcted to think of the possibility that the dirt and rocks would conceal a water main. But there it was, an exposed pipe spraying water and flooding the entire tunnel faster than you could say "Cornish Pixies." Even as Shelly watched, the water spilled over the edge of the tunnel and began spreading out over the floor of the HERRC.

Shelly swore loudly and backed out of the tunnel. "We gotta get out of here!" she yelled at the girls. Shelly's eyes settled upon Tinny and she swore again. "But... what about the house elves?"

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2005, 06:20:24 AM »
Willow gathered her senses, "Well they must have got in another way surely."
All three girls turned expectantly to the house elves but they had vanished.
"What!" cried Shelly angrily, "I knew it! Something is wrong here!"
"Yeah and I don't suppose that something wrong is we're trapped in an underground tavern that is rapidly filling up with water and we have no means of escape." muttered Willow but realising Shelly had heard her she quickly shut up.
"er... anyone know any useful spells?" asked Christine hopefully.
They all stared at the water gushing down, the water level was already half way up Willows and Christines legs and Shelly was having quite a spot of bother with her new found shortness. I really wish I could swim, thought Willow.

Offline Christine

• Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2005, 11:41:57 AM »
Christine started to panic.  Stay calm, she told herself, but that had never been one of her strong points.  

"Do something!" Shelly squeaked.  The water was now up past Shelly's elbows and rising quickly.  

Christine racked her brain for any spell she knew to slow or stop something.  She went through spell after spell, but each seemed as unlikely to work as the last.  Finally a thought popped into her head.  It might not work, but she had to do something; the water level was now dangerously close to Shelly's mouth.  

"Impedimenta!" she yelled, pointing her wand towards the pipe that had burst.  The water stopped flowing; the stream that had been shooting out of the pipe had frozen in mid-air.  "Hurry," said Christine, "I don't know how long it'll hold."
                                                            -Obi-Wan, Star Wars

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005, 01:11:45 PM »
"I can't swim! I can't swim!", screached Willow, she was really starting to freek.
The other looked with her with an icy disdain, she was wondering why until she realised the water had barely reached her waste. She turned her head away so they could not see how red she was turning. Why am I soooo stupid?, she thought.
"Erm, Willow?" said Christine
"What?"
"Rock!" CRASH

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2005, 05:29:58 PM »
Shelly balled her fists in irritation at the two underclassmen. If she only had her wand, she could fix it in an instant. But the water was now past Shelly's chin and she was having some difficulty expressing her desire to the other girls. Shelly knew how to swim, but swimming when she was in jeans and a t-shirt was a different matter, and she seemed to keep sinking. Eventually, Shelly fought her way over to Christine and pulled on her robes, trying to express a desire to be lifted out of the pool. At that moment, though, a large chunk of the tunnel came shooting out, and landed with an enormous SPLASH in the water. Shelly was swept away by the resulting wave.

She could have leapt for joy, though, when she collided with a bookshelf and clambored up on top of the third shelf. "REPARO!" Shelly yelled at the top of her tiny little voice. "EVANESCO!" She doubted whether they had heard her, though.  Christine had done something to stop the flow of the water, and the Drama Queen (Shelly still didn't know her name) seemed to be panicking about the water level. Shelly heard Christine shout something to the effect of leaving the HERRC, but Shelly didn't see how that would work. She didn't even know how she could get herself over to the tunnel, much less all the way out, without drowning. She decided to try shouting again. "EVANESCO!" shouted Shelly, hoping that one of them would hear and perform the incantation to dissolve the water out of the room.

Offline Christine

• Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2005, 06:45:52 PM »
Christine's temporary relief at having successfully stopped the water was short lived.  The piece of the tunnel that fell into the water had created enough of a wave to mobilize the water again, and it was rising with even more rapidity.  The water level was now approaching Christine's waist, and was closing in on the new girl's elbows.  

"We're going to drown!" the girl was shouting, splashing around helplessly.  

"Will you put a cork in it!" Christine yelled at her; she had no chance of thinking of a way out of this mess with her screaming and whining.  

The girl continued to yell.  "Silencio." Christine said, pointing her wand at the girl.  Her mouth was still forming the words, but no sound came out.  The girl did have a wand, and Christine would have been worried about her retaliating if she hadn't been a first year.  "What a pain."  she muttered.  She had to supress a laugh at the sight of the girl splashing around even more violently, her face turning purple from the strain of trying to shout.

"Oh no."  Christine muttered, returning to their present situation.  She had wasted time shutting up the younger girl, and now the water was well above her waist.  "Shelly!"  she bellowed, looking around.  

Christine spotted Shelly.  She was clinging onto a book shelf and seemed to be shouting something, though she couldn't hear what over the rushing current.  Shelly must have realized that Christine couldn't hear her, because she stopped shouting motioned for Christine to move closer.  

Christine fought her way through the pool of water and over to Shelly.  "Try Evanesco."

"What does it do?"

"Just do it!" Shelly squeaked.  

"Evanseco." Christine said, pointing her wand at the pool of water.
                                                            -Obi-Wan, Star Wars

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2005, 04:56:15 AM »
Shelly couldn't help but smile as the water level in the room dropped a bit. It was only a small difference, but if Christine could keep at it, they would be dry in no time. The other girl had thankfully been silenced by Christine, and Shelly started to think that maybe the Hufflepuff fourth year was worth having around after all. But the rupture in the pipe remained wide open, and Shelly hadn't yet managed to tell Christine the charm to fix it. Didn't they teach those fourth years anything in Charms anymore? The room was filling up almost as fast as Christine could empty it.

Shelly gave up trying to make her voice be heard over the roar of the rushing water, and instead waved her hands around frantically. Finally, after two solid minutes, Christine noticed Shelly's efforts and waded over to Shelly's shelf. "Just... use... Reparo!" gasped Shelly. Christine looked as though a lightbulb had flicked on in her brain and waded over to the tunnel opening. Shelly never heard the incantation she made, but she saw the results. Not only was the pipe fixed, but the entire tunnel sprang back to its original shape and size. Shelly was impressed against her will at the strength of Christine's Reparo charm, and wondered if she herself could have performed it as effectively.

Ten minutes later, the drama queen had calmed down enough to have the Silencing charm lifted, and with the two Hufflepuffs working together on vanishing the water, it was almost entirely gone. There was a small disagreement among the girls at one point--the drama queen (her name, Shelly learned, was Willow, but she was permanently labeled "drama queen" in Shelly's mind) had wanted to leave the tunnel once the water level was low enough to exit, but Shelly put her foot down, insisting that they stay until the entire HERRC was drained. Shelly was anxious to speak to Tinny again, but none of the house elves were anywhere to be found.

Eventually, after the floor was bone-dry, the girls crawled back up into the tunnel to exit. They made the long trip back in relative silence, with only wandlight to guide them. Once they had made it back to the trophy room, however, Shelly yelled in frustration again. She had thought that she would finally be able to get the antidote to her shrinking potion, get some dinner, and go to bed. But in all the excitement, she had forgotten that the door to the trophy room was still locked.

"Now what?" said one of the other two girls (Shelly was too wrapped up in her own thoughts to notice which.)

"Well..." responded Shelly thoughtfully. "There is one way. I have no idea if it would work, but... well... hear me out.

"You guys know I have that shrinking potion with me, right? I only took a tiny bit instead of the full dosage--that's why I'm still as tall as I am now. I don't have an antidote with me, but... if I took the full dosage now, I estimate that I would be about one inch tall. At that height, I should be able to squeeze under the door here--" Shelly squatted and placed her fingers under the door to measure-- "And then... I'd have to try and find some help, because there's no way I'd be able to unlock the door by myself."

Shelly knew it wasn't a great plan, but she waited to see what the other girls thought.

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2005, 06:30:04 AM »
"Sure." said Willow with a tight smile, she was still angry with herslef for her stupid behaviour in the tunnel and she had Shelly mutter something about first years. She was in the fourth year for crying out loud! Just because she was short didnt mean she was young! She didnt even know why she opened the door in the first place, infact she couldnt really think straight at the moment. She sat down on the floor and watched as shelly shrunk even more and slipped under the door. she wished she could give her a piece of her mind but hearing what shelly normally did to those who insulted her, she decided to go back to her usual nontalking self. It was so much easier.

Offline Christine

• Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2005, 11:56:51 AM »
[OOC: Erm, Willow?  I thought you were a first year.  That is what your user info says.]

Christine watched with amazement as elf sized Shelly shrunk to the point were she wasn't even visible in the dim light.  Looking around her, Christine was unable to locate Shelly until she heard a tiny squeak.  Listening closer, she could hear it again, but couldn't discern what it was saying. 

"This is stupid." said Willow, crossing her arms and sitting against one of the walls. 

"Be quiet or I will silence you again!" Christine snapped, her temper rising.  She knelt down and listened again.

"Christine, over here!" she was able to make out, and it was coming from somewhere closer to the door. 

"Lumos." she said.  From the light of her wand she was able to see the miniscule form of Shelly, standing next to the crack under the door. 

She leaned her ear closer to the floor where Shelly was.  "Make sure she doesn't do anything stupid." she squeaked, jabbing her tiny thumb at Willow, who was still sulking in the corner.  Christine nodded her head.  Next she saw, Shelly was gone.  "Be careful!" she yelled after her, hoping she wasn't out the door yet.  She had had a fleeting vision of twenty pairs of feet crushing a tiny little figure in one of the corridors.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 12:02:27 PM by Christine »
                                                            -Obi-Wan, Star Wars

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2005, 02:12:38 PM »
(ooc: *feels like a complete idiot* i thought we were doing it by age, sorry!)
Willow was having the strange urge to turn her hair black and start listening to loud rock music whilst shouting "No mum, I won't turn it down, man you just don't understand me!". She sniffed loudly and got a look of disgust from Christine. Jeez, can't sopmeone give me a break round here?, she thought. She closed her eyes and disappeared back to her usual fantasy world, much better.

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2005, 07:16:57 PM »
[OOC: I think the time has come to offer a few points for this RP. Let's see... 15 points to Christine and 5 to Willow, I think.]

Shelly had been half-hoping that either Christine or drama qu--Willow would have some objection to allowing her to following through on her plan. No such luck, though. Both girls had seemed happy enough to allow her to swallow a teaspoon of her shrinking potion and find help. Shelly had never shrunk quite this small before, and it was vaguely disconcerting. Not frightening, no, Shelly never got frightened--or at least, she never let anyone else know she was frightened. But there was something about having to look up to see what color Christine's shoelaces were that really made Shelly a bit... unsettled. Nevertheless, she rolled underneath the doorway and stood up to her full height of two centimeters once outside the door. Shelly looked to the left, and to the right, and saw nobody, so she began to run in the direction of the Great Hall. Once she got to the stairs, however, Shelly realized that she could not possibly make it down even one stair without doing herself serious harm, and climbing up a stair was out of the question.

Sighing, Shelly began to try the only other thing she could think of--she ran around in circles and yelled at the top of her tiny little voice. At one point, she had considered going back to the trophy room to ask Christine to magically make Shelly's voice louder, but she had no idea what the effects of any charm would be on her tiny frame--it could have some serious effects. She thought she had read it in an article on the Shrinking potion once. And in any case, if Shelly were found, not only the size of an eraser, but with a magical charm on her besides, it might lead to some awkward questions about whether she had been doing magic.

After a solid five minutes of fruitless yelling, in which three people had passed over Shelly without noticing a thing, Shelly leaned against the banister of the stairs in exhaustion. It wasn't until then that Shelly noticed something she had never spotted before--the wooden post holding up the handrail of the stairs was carved in an interesting pattern. It was a spiral, all the way up! She followed the pattern with her eyes, and saw that it was a continuous path all the way to the top of the post. It would be a bit of a precarious walk, but nothing Shelly couldn't handle. She found the beginning of the path and began side-stepping up, with her back firmly against the solid wood. It was a long, rather scary process. Once, when she was about a third of the way up, she had been sure she was going to fall. There was a knot in the wood, which had surprised her and caused her to wobble dangerously on the spot. But she had regained her balance, and was now approaching the top of the column with confidence.

Once the spiral had run its course, Shelly climbed the ornate decorations until she was standing firmly on top of the hand rail. Now it was only a matter of time before she was noticed! She was slightly tired, though, and decided to simply sit down until she saw someone coming. So she waited, and waited, hoping that someone would come down the stairs soon, because she really was getting hungry. Shelly also wondered vaguely how Christine and dram--Willow were getting along, locked up in a small space together.

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2005, 08:47:20 AM »
"You don't think she'll get squashed do you?" asked Willow quietly, she and Shely had not had a great start but the thought of her tiny frame being trod down into the floor, well it couldn't bear thinking about....
"You only just thought about that?" cried Christine in disbelief, what was this girl, selfish or just stupid?!
"Well I'm sorry, nobodies perfect." retorted Willow rudely, realy did everyone have broomsticks stuck up their...
Christine just sighed and turned her back on Willow, Willow fought back the urge to turn her into a large hairy slug (a hex her father had taught her before she came here, she didn't know why he had but she didn't trust his intentions too much).
Feeling like she should say something she blurted out, "So whats your last name?"
OK that was a really stupid thing to say, atleast she hadn't asked who she fancied or something really personal like that.
"Excuse me?" said Christine.
"Gosh, sorry for trying to make conversation!"
(OOC thanks for the points  ;D, and sorry my chracters so annoying its just really fun playing her like this!)

Offline SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2005, 01:22:54 PM »
[OOC: No problem! I'm glad you two joined. Oh, and don't be sorry for your character, I understand perfectly. My character's something of a nuisance as well, but I firmly believe that it's cool to have a character with flaws, and that those flaws don't necessarily apply to the real person. It shows creativity and writing skill, I think, that your characters aren't perfect. Oh, and by the way, I'm hoping that by awarding points, I might just convince someone else to join. I'm afraid some people might be too scared of my character, but I've sworn off seriously injuring people for the time being. ;D]

Offline Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
  • :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2005, 01:47:54 PM »
[OOC: I'm convinced to join! I wanted to join earlier, but you were stuck in a tunnel and I couldn't just pop into the story ;D]

Angelina raced down the stairs to the Great Hall, intending to go outside and sit by the lake. She put her hand on the rail as she ran down the stairs, and looked longingly at the doors to the outside world. She had almost reached the bottom when she heard a, "Hey, watch where you're going!" She stopped. The voice had sounded quite quiet, like someone far away had said it, but she was pretty sure that the speaker was quite close. She looked around, hand still on the hand rail, hair flying round with the constant turning of her head until she felt something on her hand. She reached over to flick it, thinking it was a bug until she saw it was a very small person. She squinted down at the person, but didn't immediatelly recognise her. She did, however, think that she had seen the girl once or twice around the school, but wasn't quite sure who it was.

The girl was standing impatiently on her hand, looking at her in annoyance. Angelina said the first thought that came into her head. "How come you're so small?"

The miniature witch looked at her and laughed. "I took a shrinking potion."

Angelina understood, and inclined her head to show so. "Okay, but why?" The little witch gave a small laugh and shrugged.

"Well, we got locked in a trophy room and I decided to shrink myself and walk under the door and go to find some help, which is now in the form of you." she told Angelina.

"Alright, I'll help." Angelina said, happy to be doing something. "Do you want to be de-shrinked now or later?"
The world is full of bad people - it's just some who are on opposite sides.
The moving tree will get you!

Offline willow

• Hufflepuff
  • Second-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2005, 02:24:31 PM »
(OOC you can injure my person, she'd just love to have the chance to complain, wow lena, good to see you dude!)
After ten minutes of intense silent in which Willow was sure she would go insane, a click of the door resounded off the walls and they were free. Willow jumped to her feet and ran through the doors.
"Thanks!" she gasped, another moment and she really would have lost it.
"No problem!" beamed Angelina, with a petit Shelly in her hand.
"Well must be going, tonnes to do!" said Willow happily.
"You're going?" asked Christine angrily.
"Um yeah!"
"But don't you want to find out what was going on with those house elves, I mean something was pretty weird down there?" Christine cried.
"Down where? Whats weird? Oooo, tell me! Tell me!" Angelina shouted, bouncing around like a little puppy.
Willow groaned.