Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Letter Home  (Read 295 times)

Loony Luna

Letter Home
« on: September 20, 2003, 01:47:40 PM »

Sarah sat at a table in the Slytherin common to write a letter to her parents.
Dear Mum and Dad,
I have made it into Slytherin house which you knew I would. Some of the people in the other houses though, they shouldn't be allowed here! The filthy mudbloods! I have heard rumor that the Dark Lord is a half-blood. This cannot be true please tell me if he is. I bet you are busy now that the Dark Lord is back, I suppose you will have a lot to do. Anyway, I forgot my eagle-feather quill so send it to me via owl (of course, muggle post is so silly). I will be seeing you soon probably.
Sarah

She sighed and made for the door but another Slytherin stopped her. "What's that?" he asked.
"It's just a letter to my parents you dunderhead!"
"Ooooh! Lickle first year sending a letty-wetter to her loving parents is she?" He teased her.
"Densaugeo!" she yelled as anger swelled inside her. The boy's teeth started growing and his fellow 3rd years rushed him to the hospital wing. Sarah stormed out of the common and headed towards where the owls were kept. Half running, half walking, she made her way up from the dungeons towards the entrance hall where she met Mrs Norris. "Stupid cat." she muttered and kicked her out of the way. Almost instantly, Filch arrived from a passage to the right of Sarah that she had not realised was there. He was red with fury. "How - dare - you! How - dare - you!" he exclaimed "I'm taking you to see Dumbledore and you'll get expelled for sure!" he sneered at her.
(somebody carry on now please I thought it would be a good idea to start a new role play thanks :))
« Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 12:35:03 PM by Sarah Black »

Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
  • :D
    • View Profile
Re:Letter Home
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2003, 02:01:21 PM »

Angelina was going to the Great Hall to get some tea when she saw Sarah Black and Filch who looked beside himself with fury. She shook her head in disapproval. She disliked Sarah, and wondered how she had managed to get Filch that mad. She chanced another look at Sarah and Filch and thought: 'That girl is always in trouble for one thing or another.' Filch shouted "Expelled! Gleefully. 'Good, she deserves it' thought Angelina 'Not even one year at Hogwarts and she's going to be expelled. I always thought there was something wrong about that girl.'
Angelina carried on towards the Great Hall without another thought about Sarah.
Meanwhile, Sarah followed Filch through several passageways and tapestries until they came to a gargoyle (is it a gargoyle? Please correct me if I'm wrong.) Filch spat "Cockroach Clusters" and the gargoyle jumped to the side and a moving spiral staircase appeared. "Up!" Filch spat at her. For some reason Sarah didn't feel worried. Harry Potter had broken lots of rules and got away with it, so why couldn't she? Because he's a favourite said a voice in her head. He's the favourite. She decided to ignore the voice in her head. They had reached the top of the staircase. Filch knocked on the door.
(erm... I think someone else carries on now... Oh yeah and Sarah don't be  horrible to me I did introduce you here after all.)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 11:15:59 AM by Angelina Tonks »
The world is full of bad people - it's just some who are on opposite sides.
The moving tree will get you!

Loony Luna

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2003, 04:35:09 PM »

[Don't worry Angelina I'm just getting into character being Slytherin and all. So you dislike me eh? Well I haven't been nice to you that much in RP but that's Slytherins for you... anyway back to the story...]
"Come in." came Dumbledore's voice from the other side of the door. Filch and Sarah entered Dumbledore's office.
"Filch, this is certainly a surprise," Dumbledore said, but he didn't sound surprised at all "And Miss Black aswell I see. What brings you here Miss Black?"
"Ask him, he's the one that brought me here!" Sarah yelled, pointing at Filch. Her temper wasn't improving and she didn't care if Dumbledore was there to hear her. She was in Dumbledore's office just because she had kicked a stupid cat!
"She kicked Mrs Norris!" sulked Filch.
"Is Mrs Norris okay?" Dumbledore asked without any tones of concern, it was just a question.
"Yes she is," Filch told her, still sulking "She's walking down a corri-"
"Then there is no need for punishment." Dumbledore said calmly but firmly. Sarah smiled. She may not be Dumbledore's favourite but kicking Mrs Norris wasn't anything to get expelled about. Noticing  she still had her letter in her hand, she slipped it into her robe pocket.
"Mrs Norris calls!" Filch cried, and left the room. This had come as a sudden shock to Sarah but as she made for the door Dumbledore said "Sarah can I have a word?"
Sarah couldn't have said no if she had wanted to. "What?" she said moodily. To her amazement, Dumbledore was smiling. "Now amusing as kicking Mrs Norris was, I must stress that you never do that again." his eyes were twinkling like stars in the sky.
Sarah realised Dumbledore's mistake at once "I didn't do it for a laugh sir. I was angry. Now can I go? I need to post this really im portant letter to my parents!" There was pleading in her voice now.
Dumbledore's eyes flashed. Sarah did not understand how they could flash, as eyes weren't built with flash in as far as she knew. "May I have a look at this letter?" he asked with some curiosity in his voice.
Sarah wanted to say "NO WAY!" and run out of the room but instead she mumbled "If you must." and reluctantly pulled the letter out of her pocket and handed it to Dumbledore. She watched his eyes as he read her letter and the anger was seeping back into her.
When Dumbledore had finished reading the letter, he looked up at Sarah with a sad look in his eyes.
"Sarah, surely you must realise that Voldemort-" she flinched. Dumbledore, unaware of this carried on "-is ruthless and will kill anyone, or indeed anything that is in his way to immortality." Sarah nodded, unsure of where the conversation was going. Her parents weren't in the way of the Dark Lord, so why was Dumbledore telling her this? "Eventually, he will find the way to immortality." Sarah nodded again. She knew that. Of course he would, it was obvious. Unless that dunderhead Harry Potter stopped him somehow but she severely doubted that. "And when he finds immortality, there is no doubt that his followers will find out how to become immortal too." Sarah was confused. Of course the Death Eaters would. They weren't called Death Eaters for nothing. "Have you ever thought Miss Black, that Voldemort-" she flinched "-would not want his followers to know how to become immortal, what I'm saying is, maybe he will stop them in some way." Sarah didn't understand. What did Dumbledore  mean he will stop them in some way? The only way to stop the Death Eaters from doing that was by killing them - but surely not!- she looked into Dumbledore's eyes. He nodded. "So - so my parents could die?" she said, her voice suddenly croaky.
[It's mostly me and Angel writing this isn't it? ah well... we're doing well don't you think? Next person carry on... Oh by the way, is my idea about the Dark Lord okay? As I said, next person...]

Cho Chung

• Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor and Gryffindor Prefect
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
  • Have you charmed your prefect today? :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2003, 05:28:16 PM »

[It's not that I don't want to join in.  It's just that you are doing such a great job at telling a story that I want to see where you go with it.  I find it interesting, and I like Sarah as a character a lot.  Carry on!]
Birthdays are great.  Everyone should have them.

Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2003, 07:34:21 AM »

[Hehe thanks Cho! Well done Sarah! Good idea. I suppose I'll have to carry on from here...]
Dumbledore surveyed Sarah over the top of his glasses. "Yes Sarah, there is a possibility that your parents will die at the hands of Voldemort-" flinch "Or maybe they will be killed by aurors." there was a note of sincerity in his voice. Sarah couldn't bear listening to another word but she knew she had to for the sake of her parents.
"Professor Dumbledore?" she ventured. She had a question to ask him.
"My ears are open to hear whatever you may say Miss Black." he told her.
"Well I was thinking... what if I told them to stop being Death Eaters? And they did?" already knew the answer, but she still hoped that it wasn't true.
"As you know Miss Black, Voldemort would search for them and eventually, kill them." Dumbledore had finalised her worst fears. She began to cry. "I - don't - want - them - to - die!" she said through sobs "They're my parents!"
"They could join me and be protected." Dumbledore reassured her.
Sarah looked up at him through tear filled eyes. "Really?" she asked disbelievingly.
"Yes," Dumbledore told her "As for you, you must remember this: all the houses in Hogwarts must stick together in these troubled times. Also, you do not have to be evil to be a Slytherin which many of you are not, but try to live up to it."
[Next person please. I've been wanting to write about Dumbledore advising Sarah for ages! By the way, remember the letter...]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2003, 07:34:54 AM by Angelina Tonks »

Loony Luna

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2003, 08:11:53 AM »

[I'm confused. One second he's telling Sarah she doesn't have to be evil, the next she should live up to it, or are you saying that sltherins try and live up to being evil? Thanks Cho for the compliment! I will carry on the story now]
"But we are evil! Everybody knows that!" Sarah shot at him [not literally]
"No, Slytherins are cunning and ambitious Miss Black."
Dumbledore told her. Sarah needed to go and tell her parents. "Professor Dumbledore sir, please may I leave now?" she asked him.
"You may Miss Black," he told her "Farewell."
"Bye." she said as she made her way to the door.
She stepped onto the staircase which was now twirling downwards. When she was at the bottom, she stepped off and ran passed the gargoyle to the library where she wrote a new letter.

Dear Mother and Father,
I plead you to leave the Dark Lord now because he will kill you once he becomes immortal. I fear that you could be killed by aurors before he becomes immortal though and I strongly urge you to leave him nw. Please! If you leave him, Dumbledore told me he would protect you, he's not as big a dunderhead as he looks! I ask you this one thing. Please please please leave the Dark Lord I am begging you! I fear for your lives! Do not let anyone else read this, not even the Dark Lord and leave straight away please!
Yours Sincerely,
Your daughter,
Sarah Black.
P.S. I got sorted into Slytherin.

Once she had finished the letter, she made her way to the owlery with the new letter in her hand, and the old letter in her pocket (she would rid of it later). Once she got there, she called her eagle owl Kyiki, who swooped down on her at once and put out his leg obediently. Sarah tied the letter to her owl's leg, and Kyiki set off out through the window. Now that her letter was sent, she made her way back to the Slytherin common room, passing the 3rd year Slytherins whose friend she had cursed earlier.

[Sorry if it's not that good because I did a really good version (I was modifying it because I had gone for my tea for a while) and I clicked the save button and it said I had to register first and I was like what? And then I lost it  :'( But anyway, carry on Angel or anyone else...]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2003, 09:29:10 AM by Sarah Black »

Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2003, 01:00:19 PM »

[Hahahaha! that's funny! Hmm... maybe these 3rd years could curse her back...oh and by the way, it was the slytherins trying to live up to be evil Sarah...]

Sarah smirked at them. They scowled back. "We'll get you," one of them muttered "when you're not looking."
"Cowards!" Sarah told them and then legged it back to the Slytherin common room.
The next morning Sarah and the rest of the Slytherin first years had herbology with the Hufflepuffs.
Angelina was confused when she saw Sarah making her way down to the greenhouses. Hadn't she been expelled? Obviously not. And was it Angelina, or were all the other Slytherins sidling away from Sarah which was unusual because Sarah was normally surrounded by her other Slytherins. She was trying to get their interest though, because she was talking at them.
"Look, the Dark Lord is back and if we're not careful then he'll kill us! The whole school has got to stick together!" She was telling them but they obviously didn't care. They were giving her shifty looks and Angelina caught a glimpse of their conversation "She's mad!" One of them said. The others agreed. "Why would You-Know-Who attack us? We're Slytherins! We're from his own house! And she's one to talk her parents are Death Eaters you know!" They all looked at Sarah in surprise.The speaker carried on "So why should she be killed?" he asked. Sarah seemed to have heard most of this conversation because she replied "Because the Dark Lord will probably kill my parents! He's evil! Evil I tell you!"
[Erm I'm getting boring doing all this dialect. If you're wondering why 3rd year Hufflepuffs are having herbology with first year Slytherins it's because I'm a 1st year Hufflepuff in this story so there are no 3rd year Hufflepuffs in this story (so far) by the way sarah we should colour code our writing on this so you write in that green and I write in teal (ya happy now Sarah?). carry on whoever...]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 02:44:37 PM by Angelina Tonks »

Loony Luna

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2003, 01:03:50 PM »

we shud color code our ritin on this so u write in that green n i write in teal
[Angelina I don't think you're meant to write in text writing ok? Plus I can't understand it. Change it straight away! I'll colour code it of course ;D Anyone else wanting to join in with this please have a set colour 'cause it's "prettyful"! And don't laugh at me for my misfortune! Ok I'll carry on now.]
"Yeah well you're evil!" a Slytherin girl told her "Anyone in Slytherin is evil everyone knows that!"
Angelina cut in "Not necessarily. Have you ever heard the Sorting Hat say that Slytherins are evil?" They shook their heads "Me neither. The sorting Hat tells us that Slytherins are cunning and ambitious not evil." The Slytherins looked at her disapprovingly. The girl that had spoken before said "What do you know? You're just a Hufflepuff and everyone knows they're a load of duffers!" she laughed, then she retched up a slug.
"Yeah well at least I don't eat slugs." Angelina told the Slytherin girl and walked away. She looked at Sarah and saw that she had her wand out. She mouthed "Did you do that?" and Sarah nodded. Angelina walked over to Sarah and said "You shouldn't have done that."
But Sarah told her "They deserved it, Hufflepuff aren't a load of duffers." Angelina was surprised at this "That wasn't the only reason though was it?" she said matter-of-factly. Sarah shook her head.
Professor Sprout had just spotted the Slytherin girl puking up slugs. She used a charm to make the ones she had retched up disappear and then sent the girl to the hospital wing.
The Slytherins resumed talking about Sarah again. They looked from her to Angelina who was still stood next to her and a boy said for all to hear "That Sarah Black she's in the wrong house. I think she tricked the Sorting Hat. Maybe she should go to the Hufflepuff duffers' house." This time it was Angelina who retaliated, or she would have if Sarah  hadn't stopped her. "No," she said sincerely "It's not worth it."
It didn't matter anyway because the Slytherin boy was given a detention by Professor Sprout because she had heard him too.
"Note to that guy," Sarah said after the lesson had finished "Don't say dumb stuff in front of teachers." Angelina laughed at her.
"You know what, I never thought I'd ever be friends with a Slytherin." she told her.
"I never thought I'd be friends with a Hufflepuff!" Sarah exclaimed. Angelina laughed. Sarah liked her laugh, it was a happy laugh that made her smile.
[My gosh I've gone all soppy! Oh well, who cares? It's true that Slytherins aren't all evil (take me for example). Anyway I didn't mean all that stuff about Hufflepuff being duffers blah blah blah.. you know I didn't (that's why I didn't say it. By the way Angelina, I can't call you angel anymore 'cause there's a new person called Angel (maybe I can call you Angel T) Anyway that's enough from me, I'll let someone else write (probably Angel T hehe...][/color]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 01:08:48 PM by Sarah Black »

Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2003, 02:42:27 PM »

[Angel T I like it... This looks like a new big friendship doesn't it Sarah? You like my laugh? Strange girl! Oh I need to modify that writing sorry I wasn't really paying attention to what I was writing I'll edit it after this...]

Since they had Friday afternoons off, Angelina decided to go and visit Hagrid because he was a friend of her parents. She asked Sarah if she wanted to come with her ("Yes please he's always intrigued (sp) me") and so they set off.
Angelina and Sarah set off towards Hagrids cabin. When they got there Angelina knocked on the door.
"Who is it?" Hagrid asked. They could hear Fang barking from inside.
"It's Angelina Hagrid. Is it okay if I've brought a friend with me?" Angelina called.
Hagrid opened the door "Okay but I'm not sure that all of yeh can fit in here." Angelina was puzzled.
"What d'you mean? There's only two of us!" She told Hagrid.
"An' there's also Harry, Ron an' Hermione in here as well." Hagrid explained.
Angelina took a step inside Hagrid's hut and said "Who's Ha-" she stopped mid-sentence and put a hand to her mouth and then lifted it to say "Oh my gosh! It's Harry Potter!" she stared at his scar. Harry nervously patted down his fringe. "Oh erm, sorry," Angelina told him "It's just that I've never seen you close up before." she turned to Ron and Hermione "You're a Weasley aren't you?" she asked Ron. He nodded. She then addressed Hermione "And you're Hermione Granger, I've read about you in the papers. You know, going out with Victor Krum and everything." Hermione looked at her
"Oh we're not going out, we're just pen pals," she told Angelina "Anyway, who's your friend?"
Angelina had forgotten about Sarah for a fleeting moment. Sarah stepped into the cabin and told them "I'm Sarah Black."
They stared at her for a while and then Ron said "You're that Slytherin who's gone a bit loopy aren't you?" Angelina pulled out her wand ready to curse Ron with the slug curse Sarah had used earlier.
Sarah who seemed to know what Angel T was thinking said "Don't, he's already had that done to himself already. Malfoy can't resist telling us how in his second year Ron had told him to eat slugs and then his wand backfired and he was puking slugs up for ages after that." Ron gaped at her open mouthed "If he's not telling us that, he's telling us stuff about 'Stupid Harry Potter' which I don't believe. And yes I am that 'Slytherin who's gone a bit loopy' if you must say it that way. But I don't see how I'm loopy, that Ravenclaw in your year is loopy."
"What are you talking about Sarah?" Angel T asked her. She hadn't understood much of the conversation.
"You should have been listening Angelina,"Sarah sneered at her. Harry was strongly reminded of Malfoy [hehe Sarah] "So, Harry Potter, we finally meet..."
Judjing by the look on his face, Harry was confused aswell.
"Aren't you two gonna sit down?" Hagrid interrupted them.
[Ok Sarah I thought it would be nice if they met Harry Potter and the gang so don't have a go at me. Sorry about the Malfoy remark  :D Someone carry on...]

Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2003, 11:06:34 AM »

"All students and teachers must go to the Great Hall immediately. Students must bring their stuff with them and after the speech by the headmaster, they must return to their houses straight away." Professor McGonagall's voice magnified 100 times louder told them.
"Sorry Hagrid, looks like we've got to go there." apologised Angelina.
"Don't worry 'bout it," Hagrid told her "Up yeh get, you lot." Harry, Hermione, Ron, Hagrid, Sarah and Angelina exited the cabin and made their way towards the Great Hall.
"I wonder what this is all about?" Hermione asked inquisitively(sp).
Once in the main hall, they parted: Ron, Harry and Hermione to the Gryffindor table, Hagrid to the teachers' table, Sarah to the Slytherin table and finally, Angelina to the Hufflepuff table.
Her fellow first year looked at her "Were you hanging around with a Slytherin?" he asked her with a look of disapproval on his face.  
"There's nothing wrong with Sarah. Just because she's a Slytherin doesn't mean that she's evil." Angelina snapped at him. He looked at her with disbelief and turned to his friend on the other side and began to speak to him. It looked like Angelina would be losing friends aswell. Everybody was talking, but then Dumbledore stood up and there was complete silence.
"Good evening students and teachers. We are here for two reasons: one, because one student is going to be resorted and two: your teachers and I feel we have something to tell you about Lord Voldemort." There were flinches everywhere. Angelina didn't flinch however, she wasn't scared of his name. It was his appearance that did it for her.
Professor Mcgonagall brought the Sorting Hat on the stool to the front of the Great Hall. Dumbledore, still stood up said "Miss Sarah Black could you please sit on the stool and place the Sorting Hat on your head."
People muttered. Who was this Sarah Black? And why was she being resorted?
Sarah was trembling. She didn't like it at all. She picked up the Sorting Hat and carefully put it on her head.
"So," came the voice of the Hat "You don't think you have what it takes to be in Slytherin eh? Well then, you'd better move to HUFFLEPUFF!" the Sorting Hat shouted the last word to the rest of the Great Hall.
Angelina stood up and clapped ("Well Done Sarah!") but nobody else did. Sarah walked shkily to the Hufflepuff table and the boy next to Angelina moved away revolted and Sarah sat next to Angelina.
[Sorry I just had to write that because Sarah is now in Hufflepuff. strange...]

Loony Luna

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2003, 11:57:24 AM »

[Thankyou for correcting your writing Angel T]

Dumbledore clapped aswell. Snape looked surprised.
Dumbledore cleared his throat ("hem hem") and carried on.
"Now, I have something very important to tell everyone. We all know that Voldemort is back, and he will soon be returning to power. I strongly advise all the houses to stick together, yes even Slytherin," he added on "We must all prepare for a dark time ahead, but hopefully it will all be over quite soon."
Dumbledore carried on like this for another 10 minutes. When he finally sat down, Professor McGonagall said to the students "You must all return to your houses immediately."
All the students hurried to get out of the hall and to their houses. Sarah started to head towards the dungeons and then remembered she was a Hufflepuff. "Follow me." Angel T told her.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2003, 11:58:32 AM by Sarah Black »

Kaput

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2003, 02:00:30 PM »

[Nooooooo! I just wrote a really good explaination role play thingy and it said I wasn't logged in! D'oh! I'll try and remember it...]

Sarah followed Angel T to the Hufflepuff common room. A hufflepuff first year called Kaput walked quickly in front of them, eager to get to the common room. When Angel T and Sarah got there Kaput had enetered 5 minutes ago. She stepped out of the common room again and said to Sarah "There's a letter for you. I don't think you're allowed in here." she turned to Angelina "Angel T, I need to ask you about our Defence Against the Dark Arts homework." and pulled her through. Sarah unfolded the letter. It read:

Dear Miss Black,
There had been a mistake. You are not in Hufflepuff, you are in Slytherin. Get back to the Slytherin common quickly as you are not meant to be on the corridors anymore.
Yours sincerely
Prof. S Snape
Slytherin Head of house

Sarah headed towards the dungeons knowing that when she got to the Slytherin common room, she would not be very welcome. She was right. As soon as she entered Malfoy leered towards her.
"So Miss Duffer," Malfoy sneered "You're back."
Sarah looked into Malfoy's cold eyes. She didn't care if everyone hated her, this was still her house. And she wasn't a Duffer!
"10 out of 10 for observation Malfoy." she sneered back at him "And, unluckily for you, I'm here to stay! So you - had better eat slugs." she waved her wand as she said this and then walked away. She could hear retching noises behnd her. But she didn't care. She was back.

[Was that okay? That was actually better than the other version that I wrote (and lost). Oh well. Next person I guess]

Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2003, 12:29:17 PM »

[Well done Kaput otherwise we would have had to delete some of the posts. It's all my fault really, but there you go. I have no idea what to write about now. Oh I know! The third years!]
The third years whose friend she had cursed stepped in front of her.
"So you think you're funny eh?" one of them asked her. He was cracking his knuckles and Sarah was sure he was related to Goyle.
"Yeah I do actually. Do you?" she asked him.
He looked puzzled. Sarah was obviously not meant to reply like this. She walked up the stairs to her dormitory and she heard the Goyle-lookalikey say "No I don't." which had taken him a while to think about saying. He realised she wasn't there then said "Darn."
Meanwhile, Kaput was talking to Angelina.
"Why do you like that Slytherin girl?" she asked her.
"Because." Angelina said.
"She's got you cursed hasn't she." Kaput stated.
"No! Why'd you think that?"
"Well she is a Slytherin!" Kaput announced.
"So? Who cares?" Angelina put a voice on "Oh no! She's a Slytherin! We can't be friends with her, she's evil!" her voice returned to normal "It's not on. It's just so stereotypical."
"Whatever you say." Kaput told her and walked away. Angelina was losing friends rapidly. She didn't get it though, just because she'd made friends with a Slytherin. It was stupid.
[sorry about that Kaput. you can be mates with me if you want I just needed someone to 'whatever' me and you were there so no offence meant ok?]

Loony Luna

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2003, 12:53:23 PM »

[Angel T, you know what stereotypical means but you don't know what toil means? Dodgy! Actually it's my fault for re-taking the sorting hat but I am back in Slytherin now so it's ok. Aarggh I don't know what to write!]
Wherever Sarah went she heard whispers. It was getting annoying now. One day she caught what someone was saying
"That Sarah Black, you'll never guess, her parents are Death Eaters! I don't get ow she's so good and yet in Slytherin. What happened to her going in Hufflepuff?"
"It was a mistake." she said, and walked away. She didn't get it. People had been talking about how good she was, not how bad!
She saw Kaput running towards her.
"What do you want?" she said.
"It's great isn't it, how people think you're okay now!" Kaput exclaimed.
"Well not everyone's convinced. As far as Slytherins are concerned, I might as well be a mudblood. No offence meant." Something clicked in her mind "What do you mean it's great? Are you on my side or something?

Kaput

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2003, 08:14:53 AM »

"Yeah, I'm on your side. Why wouldn't I be? You've realised that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is back and that's bad. It's just the rest of the Slytherins we have to wake up now." Kaput told her.
"I thought you hated me!" Sarah said, bemused "Angelina said that you didn't like me because I'm in Slytherin!"
"Well, I did at first, but then Angelina made me see you're not as bad as all the others. She's made loads of people see. You should be thankful that she's your friend, otherwise you wouldn't have any." Kaput told her. Something had only just registered in Sarah's mind. "What do you mean we?" she asked Kaput.
"Oh, well you know, me you and Angelina." Kaput smiled at Sarah "All together."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 11:48:01 AM by Kaput »

Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2003, 08:48:03 AM »

[erm you forgot the end " mark kaput when you finished talking.]
Angelina walked over towards Kaput and Sarah.
"Oh good! You two have made friends already!"
"Oh I wouldn't say we've made friends already Angelina." Sarah said to the new arrival "I'd just say aquaintances(sp?)"
Kaput looked crestfallen. "Oh," she said "Why not friends?" she said sulkily.
Sarah looked at her with a smile on her face "I'm joking! Of course we're friends!"
Kaput smiled. "So friends together?" she asked.
"Definitely." Angelina said.
A bell rang in the distance.
"What have we got next?" Angelina asked "I can never remember these things."
"Herbology." Sarah and Kaput said together. They walked down the grounds to the greenhouses.
As they approached Professor Sprout said "We'll be in greenhouse two today, there's some plants in there that need tending to."
Angelina, Kaput and Sarah gasped. Greenhouse two? Well that was a change for once...

Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2003, 04:01:00 PM »

[hmm.. I don't know what to write about anymore.... but Sarah, you're a second year now!]

Kaput

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2003, 11:50:18 AM »

'Yes, that's right, Greenhouse TWO,' Professor Sprout said exasperatedly. 'There's some mandrakes that need tending to.' she told them.
Angelina put her hand up.
'Yes Tonks?'
'I thought the mandrakes were in Greenhouse three Professor.' she said knowingly.
Professor Sprout looked at her quizzically for a moment and then pulled out her wand. She muttered a few words, and suddenly, a coloured timetable was forming in mid-air. She searched the timetable for a minute, and then looked at Angelina.
'So they are, Miss Tonks. Take five points for Hufflepuff. Everybody, sorry, we're going to Greenhouse THREE.' she told them to hear even more gasps. 'Oh, for goodness' sake.' she muttered under her breath.
The first-year Hufflepuffs and Slytherins all trailed off to Greenhouse Three. Sarah looked at Angelina disapprovingly.
'What?' Angelina asked.
'Well, trust you to be the know-it-all who gets the points for their house.' Sarah told her, a frown on her face.
'I was only pointing out that if we went in Greenhouse two, then we wouldn't find any mandrakes there.' Angelina pointed out.
'Fine!' Sarah said and walked off.
'Fine!' Angelina said and followed her.
Kaput didn't say fine, nor did she follow them. Herbology was her worst subject. Maybe she could skip it...
'Miss Jones, hurry up now otherwise you wont get a mandrake!' Professor Sprout shouted at her.
Darn. And why'd she have to go and call me Miss Jones? Kaput thought. I hate my name. Why can't they call me Kaput? It's a lot easier to say!
She made her way to Greenhouse Two, but when Professor Sprout was out of sight, she veered off into the Forbidden Forest. Maybe she could practice some charms in there...

Kaput

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2003, 11:54:13 AM »

you spell aquaintances acquaintances. So you missed out a c. that's all.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2003, 11:57:18 AM by Kaput »

Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2003, 02:04:40 PM »

Angelina was a little bit miffed with Sarah. She'd been acting weird ever since Angelina had pointed out to Professor Sprout that it was Greenhouse 3, not 2. And now she'd gone off to work with somebody else and not her!
'Fine! Be that way!' Angelina shouted at her retreating back 'I'll just work with Kaput!' she looked around. Where was Kaput? Come to think of it, she hadn't seen Kaput since she had gone after Sarah.
'Kaput!' she shouted desperately, needing a partner 'KAPUT!'
'Miss Tonks, you could compete with the mandrakes making a racket like that! Whatever is the matter with you?' Professor Sprout shouted at her through all the hubbub of first-years trying to find a partner.
Angelina looked at her 'Sorry Professor, it's just that I can't find my friend Kaput. She doesn't seem to be here.'
Professor Sprout looked at her quizzically, 'Kaput?' she asked.
Angelina was stuck. She didn't know Kaput's real name, she'd only ever called her by her nickname.
Think, she thought, Think back to the Sorting Hat, to when Kaput went up. What was her name? Jones. That was it. Somebody Jones. Flippin' heck I can't remember, she thought to herself, Come on! she stretched her memory as far as she could, and then passed out.

[No really, I don't know your first name Kaput! You can carry on here and tell us all your name! (well, obviously not your real name, your role-play name that's not your nickname!)]
« Last Edit: October 11, 2003, 02:05:40 PM by Angelina Tonks »

Kaput

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2003, 03:49:09 PM »

[Hmm, got to think of a really good first name! Sarah, no, can't have that, I'd get mixed up! Erm, Amy? No, not another A! Stephanie! Perfect!]

"Miss Tonks! Wake up! Wake up!' Professor Sprout said anxiously whilst shaking Angelina. Angelina woke up. Then she remembered!
'It's Stephanie Jones Professor! She's gone missing!'
'Calm down girl it was probably just a dream from when you fainted.' Professor Sprout reassured her.
'No, she's right.' Sarah chipped in. 'Kaput - Stephanie Jones is missing.' her voice was quivering.
Professor Sprout looked at her, 'Are you absolutely sure?' she asked.
'Positive.' Sarah told her confidently.
'I'll summon Professor Humbridge, he should be able to find her since he's the Defence against the Dark Arts teacher.' Professor Sprout announced. She waved her wand a couple of times in the air and said 'Accio Professor Humbridge!' A few minutes later, the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher was zooming down the grounds towards Professor Sprout. 'Stand Back!' She yelled and opened the Greenhouse door. Professor Humbridge came soaring towards her, and stopped abruptly right in front of her.
'Professor Sprout! You are lucky that I wasn't teaching a class Defence Against the Dark Arts! Why have you summoned me?' He asked. He was a tall man, with light-brown hair.
'One of my students is missing,' she told him 'A Miss Stephanie Jones. Have you heard of her?'
'Indeed, since I teach all first to fifth years in this school Professor Sprout.'
Lots of pupils were looking confused. Who was Stephanie Jones? And why was she missing?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2003, 03:49:59 PM by Kaput »

Kaput

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2003, 03:53:14 PM »

[Hehe, Sarah, I've caught up with your posts! Wow! Yeah but anyway, I got a bit bored talking about herbology, since I'm not actually in that part of the story really and Herbology I find is so very boring! Anyway, Angelina, you've done nearly 100 posts! Wow!][Modified for colour, sorry about Out of topic conversation]
« Last Edit: October 11, 2003, 03:54:00 PM by Kaput »

Loony Luna

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2003, 04:52:52 AM »

Sarah looked around at everybody. They seemed so confused, she didn't know why. One of her fellow Slytherins whispered to her 'Who's Stephanie Jones?'
Sarah was getting angry. Hadn't she just told everyone that Stephanie was Kaput? They didn't listen, she decided.
'She's Kaput, you dunderhead!' How she loved saying that word, dunderhead. Dunderhead, dunderhead, dunderhead.
'Woah! Calm down! What's up with you anyway? She's only a Hufflepuff.'
Angelina, who had been listening to their conversation, leapt up. 'And what's wrong with Hufflepuff eh?' she shouted.
'What isn't wrong with it?' the Slytherin shouted back.
Angelina, instead of using a wand to retaliate, thumped the Slytherin girl right in the face.
'MISS TONKS!' Professor Sprout shouted, she'd obviously seen Angelina thump the girl 'DETENTION!'
Angelina protested, 'It wasn't my fault Professor!' she argued, 'It's that Slytherin girl, she was being horrible about Hufflepuffs!'
'You shouldn't have let her provoke you Miss Tonks. Miss Johnson, you will get a detention aswell.'
Mr Humbridge had disappeared, probably looking for Kaput.
'Attention, class! Now, you should all have your partners am I correct?' Professor Sprout shouted. Most of the first-years nodded, but Angelina shook her head.
'Miss Tonks, you can work with Miss Stewart and Miss Gridall over there.' Angelina sidled over to them. They weren't at all pleased. Anyone who was friends with a Slytherin was a Slytherin, as far as they were concerned.

Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2003, 12:59:09 PM »

[You know, Sarah, you're having an effect on me, I mean I'm hitting people! I thought I would have cursed them! Oh well!]

'Stephanie? STEPHANIE!' Professor Humbridge shouted. 'Miss Jones, where are you? Show yourself!'
Kaput couldn't hear him. She was well into the forest by now and was being provoked by centaurs. How happy she would be if she had heard his voice. But she hadn't, so she wasn't.
'No human is welcome here.' one of them, called Ronan, snarled at her.
Another one said: 'We don't hurt the young, Ronan.'
Ronan looked at him, and replied: 'You're right.' he turned to Kaput. 'Leave now and will not hurt you. However, if you come back, we will have no choice.'
Kaput managed an okay and ran as fast as she could. She stopped, and turned back to the centaurs. She was lost.
'E-excuse me,' she muttered.
The one called Ronan said in annoyed voice: 'What? I told you to leave. Now go.'
Kaput summoned as much bravery as she could. 'The problem is, I don't know the way around this forest. I don't suppose you could tell me the way out would you?' She looked at his face and added: 'Then I would be out of your way and I wouldn't bother you again.'
Ronan decided. 'Okay. You turn left for a while until you come to come to a clearing. Then you turn left again, and head that way for a while, and then you should be out.'
Kaput thanked him, and set on her way. She got to the clearing to find Professor Humbridge facing him.
'Miss Jones!' he shouted. 'What do you think you're doing in the Forbidden Forest? You could have been killed!'
Kaput looked at her feet. 'I'm sorry sir,' she mumbled. 'I must've gotten lost.'
He dragged her back to the greenhouse where she had to stand outside for 50 minutes (The lesson was in full flow, she couldn't go in now, otherwise she could pass out, or die). After the lesson, Professor Sprout summoned her in and said: 'Miss Jones, I am giving you a detention for going out of bounds. You will get your slip in a day or two.'
Kaput made her way towards the Great Hall for lunch. She spotted Angelina at the Hufflepuff table and sat next to her.
'Why the long face?' Angelina asked.
'I've got detention, for almost being killed by centaurs!'
'You're not the only one with a detention, I've got one for thumping bloomin' Jonsson in the noggin!'
'Jonsson?' Kaput asked, in awe. 'You mean Georgina Jonsson? That Slytherin girl?' Angelina nodded, and Kaput brightened up. 'Maybe it isn't so bad after all. I hate Slytherins, well except for Sarah of course.'
Angelina looked at her. 'Did you say centaurs? Tell me about it!' he said excitedly.
And Kaput told her what happened.

Okay I can't be bothered to tell any more of this story. Modified for colour.[/color]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2003, 12:59:51 PM by Angelina Tonks »

Kaput

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2003, 04:46:25 PM »

[Sarah I'm confused.
They weren't at all pleased. Anyone who was friends with a Slytherin was a Slytherin, as far as they were concerned.
But Angelina had just hit another Slytherin!]

After Kaput had told Angelina what had happened, Angelina  said: 'That's all? You mean they didn't actually harm you?'
'Nah, not really.' Kaput replied. 'You know what, it's weird. You'd think that Sarah would be the one out of us who'd get a detention, not us.'
'And why would that be?' A voice said behind them.
'Sarah you almost gave me a heart attack!' Kaput exclaimed.
'Yeah well, I didn't, so get over it.' Sarah snapped at her. Kaput scowled. 'Slytherins.' she muttered under her breath, thinking that Sarah wouldn't hear her, but she did.
'Oh, Slytherins eh?' she bellowed at Kaput. 'I freakin' stuck up for you out there and all you can say is Slytherins? Yeah, well, you've got something coming to you, Stephanie. Just 'cause I'm a Slytherin doesn't mean I'm that different from you okay? Remember, the Sorting Hat put me in Hufflepuff earlier and man, I deeply regret that, I don't know why I'd want to be stuck with such a bunch of worthless losers!'
'Us the losers?' Kaput retaliated. 'You're the ones who're the losers!'
'Oh yeah?'
'Yeah!'
'All right you two, brake it up.' Angelina said. She looked shaken.
'All right.' Sarah said. 'Jones, you haven't heard the last of this. Angelina, you're the only decent Hufflepuff in Hogwarts.'
'Just go Sarah.' Angelina told her. 'I don't need sucking up to.'
'Oh, so now you're turning against me now?' Sarah said angrily.
'You heard her, so go on, go away!' Kaput told her angrily.
'Fine. But it doesn't end here.'

[sorry Sarah, this story just needed spicing up a little. and there's nothing like a fallling out!][/color]

Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2003, 06:26:33 AM »

'Yeah well, I didn't, so get over it.'
isn't that meant to be 'Yeah well, you didn't, so get over it.'?
And it's break, not brake.[/color]
« Last Edit: October 30, 2003, 06:27:18 AM by Angelina Tonks »

Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2003, 10:33:36 AM »

'When did she stick up for me?' Kaput asked Angelina.
'Georgina Jonsson was going "who's Stephanie Jones" when Sarah had just explained that you were, well, you.'
'What?''You know, "Kaput is Stephanie Jones" type thing.'
'Oh, right.'
'And she had a right go at Jonsson, and then Jonsson was just like: "she's only a Hufflepuff!" and then I thumped her.'
'Ah, that makes sense now.'
An owl arrived at their table and waddled over to them.
Kaput took the letter.
It said:
Dear Miss Tonks and Miss Jones,
Your detention is tomorrow night, at midnight. You will meet Argus Filch at the entrance hall at that time.
Yours sincerely,
Professor Sprout.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2003, 10:35:26 AM by Angelina Tonks »

Kaput

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2003, 10:17:58 AM »

'That was quick!' Kaput exclaimed.
'Yeah, it's this whole quick-detention thing the teachers are trying out.' Angelina told her.
'Better get some homework done, we wont have the chance tomorrow.'
'You mean we'll be sleeping then.'
'Yep.'
'Wait a minute!' Angelina said, as they walked out of the Great Hall. 'We've got astrology tomorrow night! Wecan't miss a lesson!'
Kaput sighed. 'You and your astrology. Imagine what it'd be like if you missed Defence Against the Dark Arts!'
Angelina gasped. 'No!'
'Angelina! Relax! It's only astrology!'
'Yeah, you're right! Phew!' Angelina exclaimed. 'Back to the common room to do some homework!' she announced, and they marched to the common room.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 10:18:28 AM by Kaput »
Pages: [1]   Go Up