Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hogwart grounds out of bounds  (Read 218 times)

Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
  • :D
    • View Profile
Hogwart grounds out of bounds
« on: September 21, 2003, 10:00:35 AM »

Angelina Tonks was bored. She decided she would take a walk around the lake. She put on her winter cloak and setted towards the entrance hall to get to the grounds of Hogwarts. Then she heard it. "All students must stay inside Hogwarts. Absolutely noone must go outside." the voice sounded like McGonagal's voice  magnified to sound like it was ona loud speaker. Angelina sagged. Where was she going to go now? And why couldn't students go outside?

[someone carry on please...]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2003, 12:53:25 PM by Angelina Tonks »
The world is full of bad people - it's just some who are on opposite sides.
The moving tree will get you!

Loony Luna

Re:Hogwart grounds out of bounds
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 03:48:56 PM »

Sarah Black ran through the Great Hall doors accompanied by Hagrid and a few other Hogwarts students and then in a huge effort they closed the doors. "What the heck was that?" she said, her voice full of fear. She spotted Angelina "Don't go out there," she adivised her "There's a mad thing out there, don't know what it is but It's scary!" Hagrid was looking at the castle doors "What's everybody scared about? I think Aragog might've breeded with something else in the forest..."

[Hehe Angel T eww imagine what it'll look like! Somebody carry on or is this going to be another Angelina/Sarah role play?]

Permlessgirl

• Ravenclaw
  • Prefect
  • Fourth-year Student
  • "S'up Figgy?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 05:46:18 PM »

"Actually Hagrid, I think It was a Quintaped" PG piped in. Everyone turned to stare at her.

"What?" she shrugged. "Haven't you see the picture of them in 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them?".  

Hagrid grinned at her, but she could feel that her hand was still trembling. Quintaped or not, it had been terrifying. She looked down at her shaking arms.

"Oh no! My books are still outside"

"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have,"

Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 10:42:52 AM »

[erm Sarah how come you're a hufflepuff now?]
"Don't worry PG, I'll get them for you!" Angelina reassured her "Accio books!" she piped up. A nearby Ravenclaw's 1001 Magical Herbs and Fungi flew out of her hands and into Angelina's hand. "Whoops!" Angel T (Angelina) said and tossed it to the bemused Ravenclaw who catched it and walked away, staring at Angelina. "Don't worry PG, I don't think Quintapeds eat books." she told her.

Permlessgirl

• Ravenclaw
  • Prefect
  • Fourth-year Student
  • "S'up Figgy?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2003, 03:41:14 PM »

"Oh, well I know that" PG stammered. "It's just that I need them to study tonight. But, well, it is Friday, so I suppose I have all weekend" she decided with a shrug.

"Why don't you all run off and find something else to do" Hagrid shouted over the crowd.
"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have,"

zeus

• Fifth year
  • Hufflepuff
  • Fifth-year
  • Yo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2003, 03:42:26 PM »

Zeus, who was taking his hourly nap by the lake, wakes up to see the grounds deserted. Except for the thing. It wasn't anything but a ...thing. ACCIO um HELP. NO ACCIO BROOMSTICK. His flying vehical came rushing toward him at the same speed and from the same distance as the ...thing was. The Broomstick got there a split second earlier. Zeus mounted and, once in the safety of the sky, he dozed off again.

Permlessgirl

• Ravenclaw
  • Prefect
  • Fourth-year Student
  • "S'up Figgy?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2003, 11:59:28 AM »

On Hagrids request PG decided to look for something else to do. Most of the students started to clear away, but a few remained by the door.

"I haven't got anything else to do!" Angelina said with a sigh.

"Neither do I" added Sarah.

"Well, we could go look for something to do together?" suggested PG.  It wasn't likely that a Hufflepuff and a Slytherin would want to come with a Ravenclaw, but there was always a chance...

Kaput

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2003, 11:47:15 AM »

Why don't you go to the library? Kaput suggested. "You can find out what that thing outside is."
"Good idea Kaput." Angelina told her.
"Why don't you come with us too?" PG asked.
"okay!" Kaput said "I don't have anything else to do anyway."

Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2003, 09:10:20 AM »

Madame Pince placed the last book in her cart onto the top shelf, then smiled. Most students never saw her smile, but most students usually crowded into the library, talking loudly, spilling ink on the tables, and, worst of all, taking the books off the shelfs. Madame Pince would never say so to the Headmaster, but she wished often that students would be banned from the library. Dumbledore had a soft spot for them and would never allow it, she knew, so she never brought it up. But it was nice, just once, to have all the books back in order.

The door swung open and a gaggle of students entered, talking animatedly. "It was a Quintaped!" one of them said, a girl Madame Pince recognized as one of the Ravenclaws.

"How do you know?" another asked. "I know I was running too fast to get a good look at it."

The Ravenclaw rolled her eyes and opened her mouth to explain. Madame Pince cut her off with a loud, "Quiet!" Silence settled over the small group of students. She climbed down off the ladder, which wheeled silently away to it's cubby hole. "Please, students, this is a library. You must whisper."
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Cho Chung

• Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor and Gryffindor Prefect
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
  • Have you charmed your prefect today? :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2003, 09:47:10 AM »

The students hung their heads as the Ravenclaw mumbled, "Sorry, Madame Pince."  The old librarian considered this apology a moment.  Not the most sincere thing in the world she had ever heard, but it would have to do.

"Now, students, what is it that you are looking for?  Perhaps I can help you."  

She wasn't really trying to be helpful.  She hoped, instead, that if she helped them find what they wanted, they would leave and she could have a quiet library again.

Unfortunately, it had the opposite effect:  each of the students started talking at once, one gesticulating with her arms, another acting out a creature with antennae and lots of legs, and a third simply grabbing the arm of Madame Pince's robes.
Birthdays are great.  Everyone should have them.

SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2003, 06:14:07 PM »

One Hour Earlier

Shelly opened the door of her secret outdoor shack.
"Dinnertime!" She shouted, though she knew that her cry would go unanswered. There was nothing in here that spoke English. She lugged a large burlap sack over to a cage at the back of the room.

The open door swung incriminatingly in the breeze.

Shelly slumped against the wall and sagged to the ground, eyes blinking furiously, as if trying to make a large, many legged creature appear in the empty space.

Back to Present Time
Shelly ran around the grounds once again, even though she had done so 5 times in the past hour. Oh no. Gotta find it! Ohmygosh what am I going to do? This is it, Dumbledore'll expell me this time. What if it hurts somebody? Ohhh....

Shelly's eyes were darting back and forth, looking first toward the lake, then to the forest, and to the castle, and back again. Basically, she was looking everywhere but right in front of her. This turned out to be a mistake. She smacked headfirst into someone and landed on the ground with an Oomph!
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Kaput

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2003, 10:49:24 AM »

meanwhile in the library
"Stop pulling on my robes child, you're going to rip them!" Madame Pince snarled at Kaput.
Kaput looked at her, surprised, and let go. "Sorry." she mumbled.
The other three had stopped talking too, astonished at Madame Pince.
The librarian took advantage of the situation.
"Now, if you would talk one at a time and tell me what book you need." she sighed, she'd only just finished sorting all the books in order.
Hagrid suddenly appeared out of nowhere "Hey you guys! I think I've found what it is!" he said excitedly whilst waving a book in the air. Madame Pince flinched. Her books, her beautiful books.

SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2003, 05:40:19 PM »

Shelly laid on the ground. She rubbed her head and mumbled thickly. "Owww..."

The person she had smashed into got up with dignity, dusted themselves off, and held a hand out to Shelly to help her up. She didn't take it, just rolled over, clutching her temples, and moaning. The other person laughed, and Shelly looked up. It was someone she had never seen at school before, and she got up quickly.

"Uh... um... ah... //ahem//... um...hi"
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Kelpie

• Tri-wzard Tournament Winner
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
  • Life, isn't it a beautiful sight?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2003, 06:16:46 AM »

Back in the library

"See, I got this book, Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them. Should be useful."said Hagrid, flipping the book open."Doxie, Hyppogriff..."
"These aren't sorted alphabeticaly Hagrid, better go to the index and check the page for a Quintaped"said Sarah
"Ah, right, I was gonna do that right now."said Hagrid, blushing a  bit. He knew that he would have gone through the entire book searching for the Quintaped, and the idea of going to the index would have never occured to him.
"There, Quintaped! Page 72."said PG
But there was no page 72. There was a page 71, and a page 74 (73 was on the other side of 72), but 72 had been ripped out.

Suddenly, the library door burst open, and Kelpie stumbled in. Madame Pince liked this girl, she was allways quiet, looking up things or reading, although she allways seemed to be alone. Maybe she had no friends? But that didn't matter, if she was alone, that meant she would make no noise. Anyway, she stumbled into the room. Her hair was untidy, her robes ripped, cuts on her face, and was panting.
"(gasp) It's got (gasp). The Quintaped (gasp), it has."she said. But before Kelpie could finish her sentance, she had fainted.  
Better be a witty fool than a foolish wit.

Angelina Tonks

• Hufflepuff
  • Sixth-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2003, 12:41:18 PM »

'I, erm, got to go.' Kaput said nervously.
'So have I.' said Sarah.
Angelina looked up from the book she was reading, and saw Kelpie on the floor. 'How long has she been here?' she asked, confused. She had been so immersed in the book she was reading she hadn't noticed anything was happening.
'About a minute.' Hagrid replied. 'Have you found something there, you've been reading that book for a while now.' he asked her. Angelina blushed. 'Erm, no, no I haven't.' she said embarassedly.
Hagrid looked at her. 'Let's have a look at that -' he took the book out of Angelina's hands and she moaned. It was named, 'A Book of Beasts'. Hagrid began to read a bit out of it. 'Parkin's Pincer. So named for the original members of the Wigtown Wanderers, who are reputed - hey, wait a minute, this isn't about beasts!' Angelina blushed even more. He pulled a book out of the book. It was entitled 'Quidditch Through the Ages'.
'Angelina!' Hagrid growled. Angelina lowered her head and said, 'It looked interesting, and then I got stuck into it. Sorry.' she said after due consideration.
'You're meant to be looking for information on Quintapeds.' PG told her. 'We had something, but the page is ripped out.' she held up the book they had been looking at. Angelina smiled. 'I've got that book!' she half shouted,and Madame Pince put her finger to her lips. 'Sshh!'
'Sorry Madame Pince.' Angelina said, and carried on.
'I'll be right back, I'll get it for you.'
Once Angelina had got the book, she looked up the page for Quintapeds, and read aloud,
'"Quintaped (Also known as Hairy MacBoon)
M.O.M. Classification: XXXXX
The Quintaped is a highly dangerous carnivoous beast with a particular taste for humans. Its low-slung body is covered with thich reddish-brown hair, as are its five legs, each of which ends in a clubfoot. The Quintaped is found only upon the Isle of Dreae off the northenmost tip of Scotland . Drear has been made unplottable for this reason.
Legend has it that the Isle of Drear was once populated by two wizarding families, the McCliverts and the MacBoons. A drunken wizarding duel between Dugald, chief of the clan McClivert, and Quintus, the head of the clan MacBoon, is supposed to have led to the death of Dugald. In retaliation, so the story has it, a gang of McCliverts surrounded the MacBoon dwellings one night and transfigured each and every MacBoon into a monstrous five-legged creature. The McCliverts realised too late that the transfigured MacBoons were infinitely more dangerous in this state (the MacBoons had the reputation for great ineptitude at magic). Moreover, the MacBoons resisted every attempt to turn them back into human form. The monsters killed every last one of the McCliverts until no human remained on the island. It was only then that the MacBoon monsters realised that in the absence of anyone to wield a wand, they were forced to remain as they were forevermore.
Whether this tale is true or not will never be known. Certainly there are no surviving McCliverts or MacBoons to tell us what happened to their ancestors. The Quintapeds cannot talk and have strenuously resisted every attempt by the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures to capture a specimen and try and Untransfigure it, so we must assume that if they are indeed, as their nickname suggests, Hairy MacBoons, they are quite happy to live out their days as beasts." Man, that was long. If it was a Quintaped you saw out there, then how did it get here? They're only found somewhere unplottable!' Angelina exclaimed. Kelpie groaned. 'What happened?'
« Last Edit: December 17, 2003, 02:02:34 PM by Angelina Tonks »

Kelpie

• Tri-wzard Tournament Winner
  • Hufflepuff
  • Seventh-year
  • Life, isn't it a beautiful sight?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2003, 03:09:03 AM »

"It took someone, I don't know who. See, I was on a walk, and that's when I saw it. It grabbed the person by it's legs, but strangely enough did not eat or harm it. It just carried it into the forbidden forest, and I didn't see what happened after. I tried to go after it, but I couldn't find it. The forest trees get so dense. And then I came back looking to tell someone. The staff room was empty, so I thought of coming here."said Kelpie
"The staff room was empty? That's strange. On the contrary, they're usually all there now sipping on their coffee."
"Tell me Kelpie, about what size did the person look like, the one the Quintaped took?"asked Angelina
"It looked like an adult."said Kelpie, getting nervous
"It's taking all the teachers!"said Angelina
« Last Edit: December 18, 2003, 03:11:52 AM by Kelpie »
Better be a witty fool than a foolish wit.

stormymind

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2003, 04:14:01 PM »

Stormy walked into the library, calm and composed.
"Hey! Finally I find you guys!" she exclaimed, "I've have been looking everywhere for you! I looked in the great hall and the common room and the grounds.." Started Stormy.
"Waite a second? You went outside?" gasped Lena.
"Why yes, is it a crime to get some fresh air?" laughed Stormy.
"Stormy! Theres a big monster out there!" cried Kelpie.
"I know, Shellys pet escaped." Stormy said.
"No! I mean a real monster!" said lena.
"Yeah, it was a Quitaped." replied Stormy.
"And you went outside!" shouted Kelpie.
"Yes! How many times do I have to tell you!" Stormy huffed.
"Your an idiot."

crystalis

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2003, 05:14:53 PM »

Lena comment wasn't news to anyone,
"what did you do?"asked crystalis.
Pages: [1]   Go Up