Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My Attmept at a Story  (Read 2049 times)

Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
    • The inside of my head at fanfiction.net...because I'm too lazy to make a real site.
My Attmept at a Story
« on: August 12, 2002, 11:46:52 PM »

The first installment of a random HP story I started writing, um...a few hours ago. Okay more than a few. Hey, I baby sit a seven year old all day, it's good for the imagination. It takes place some time before the books and some time after Voldemort’s er...trouble. I may or may not finish it, depending on whether I can hook up the beginning with the ending. Go figure.
     This part has nothing to do with anything, but I’m putting it up because if I don’t I’m just going to keep editing and re-editing the first few paragraphs until I never can get anywhere else. So I’m going to put it away for now and do more tomorrow.

Tell me what you think. Warning, I’m no professional. I just write for fun, when the fancy takes me. Anyone who is offended by bad literature and/or gratuitous
self-insertion into other people’s universes can stop now. Not that I think anyone here has that problem. ;)

The Trouble with Houses

Tiamat Raven wandered through the halls of Hogwarts, half trying to get lost. Getting lost would be an excuse not to go to potions class. Admittedly, it wouldn’t be a good excuse, but it would be a excuse. She closed her eyes, spun around and set off in
a random direction, up some stairs, around a corner, through two doors and down a short hallway that led her to...an exit to the side lawn. Tia slumped against the doorframe. That hadn’t worked right at all. She’d just started to turn back, when a familiar voice called out to her.
   “Hey, Tia! Wait up!” Tia looked over her shoulder. Kerry Madden was running across the field, his  outer robe thrown over one arm, shedding dried leaves and grass blades as if it had been used for ground cover. Or never washed. Or both. Tia sighed and brushed a non-existent speck of dust from her own sleeve. Some days you just couldn’t get lost.
   “Hey Kerry. Long time no see.”
   “Er, I saw you at lunch, an hour ago, remember?” Sarcasm never had any effect on Kerry. It was probably why he was in Hufflepuff. “You’re on your way to potions, right?” Kerry continued. “I’ll go with you. Maybe that way I won’t be late.”
   Wonderful, now there was no way out of it. “Sure. I’m never late.” Tia stalked back up the hallway, resisting the urge to kick the door shut behind her. In the way of
finding someone to blame Kerry’s appearance on, she wondered who’s bright idea it had been to pair Slytherin and Hufflepuff together for potions. The Slytherins walked all over the Hufflepuffs and Professor Snape let them. They really should put Slytherin with a class that wouldn’t be so easily outdone, like Gryffindor. That, of course, would be asking for an intra-school war, and she doubted the teachers were so stupid.
   “Tia?” Kerry interrupted her train of thought. “You’re going the wrong way.”
   Tia stopped and looked around. She’d done it! She was sure she’d never been in this particular stretch of hallway before. “It’s a short cut,” she insisted, after pondering briefly on the ethics of getting Kerry in trouble along with her. “Avoids the crowds in the main hall.” Grabbing his sleeve, she dragged the unsuspecting Hufflepuff after her.
   Turning down the dusty hallway, she dashed through the first door she saw, which led to some disused stairs going down. Cheerfully, dispite Kerry’s protests, she continued down the stairs and out the door at the bottom which opened a hidden wall right across from the potions classroom. Tia stared at it in disbelief.
   “Wow!” said Kerry. “So that’s how you get to class so
fast!”
   “Er...of course!” Tia shook her head. “You know, I just realized I forgot my potions book, you go ahead and I’ll just run and get it....” She spun around and smacked straight into Professor Snape, who had been quietly waiting for them to clear the hallway. Her bag thudded to the floor as she backed quickly away.
   “You mean, this potions book?” Snape said coldly, picking up a volume that had been tossed from Tia’s bag during the collision.
   “Oh, um....yes, actually. Fancy that, I thought I’d forgotten it...” Snape just looked at her, then sniffed loudly and walked on into the room. Kerry finished gathering the last of her things and handed them back with a wry smile.
   “So,” he said. “You were trying to avoid class, weren’t you? I see Snape’s still mad about last time.”
   “He’ll be mad about that till the end of the year.” Tia snatched her bag. “Probably till the end of next year.”
   “You know, you’re probably the only Slytherin who can get Snape to take points from his own House.”
   “Don’t even bring it up, please?” They headed on into the classroom. Much to Tia’s chagrin they were early, and there was nothing to do but sit and try to avoid Snape’s uncomfortably direct stare for five more minutes. Tia had just finished rearranging her reagents for the third time when the bell finally rang. Snape rapped on the edge of his cauldron, causing Tia to jump and nearly spill her hippopotamus hairs.
   “Today we will continue to study advanced usage of rare insects for the creation of semi-solid media. As you all know, we should have finished this topic earlier, if certain people had not facilitated a rapid exodus
from the classroom during the demonstration on Monday.” Tia tried to keep the head of the girl in front between her and Snape. “Since that proved to
be necessary, I will repeat that these potions are not supposed to be incendiary and, this is important, there should absolutely no usage of pickled termite drones in the mixture, only queens. Am I understood? Very well.” Snape let his gaze pass over Tia again, while she ostentatiously stared at the ceiling. “Now open your books to page 158. We will begin with re-mixing liquefying reagent, since our entire stock of it seems to have mysteriously gone up in flames.”
   Tia gave up any pretense of pride and buried her face in her arms. Snape just didn’t know when to let a subject drop! She would never live this down. What was the difference between drones and queens anyway? They both had wings and they looked exactly the same, at least until they started burning, and she had been so sure...
   “While that’s boiling we can go over the ratios of termites to assassin bugs that should be used in the final mixture. That is, unless anyone in this class thinks they have more experience in such matters than I?” Tia peered out of a crack between her fingers. Snape was staring at her. “Raven? Perhaps you would like to tell us what the correct ratio is?”
   Tia dropped her hands, defeated. “The correct ratio is five-sixths to one,” she muttered.
   “Hmmmm? We couldn’t hear you, Raven.”
   “Five-sixths to one, sir.” Tia snapped, and then could have hit herself for letting it come out like that.
   To her surprise, Snape didn’t jump on it. “Very good Raven. Take five points for actually studying to rectify your mistakes.” There was a groan from the Hufflepuffs. Well, it wasn’t like five points did much to equalize the
massive loss she’d gotten for, um, scorching the entire lab. Not to mention the extra minus from Madame Pomphrey for the sudden overflow of patients in the infirmary.
   “Are you going to help me with this, or are you going to sulk for the whole period?” Kerry asked, next to her.
   “I’m not sulking. I was...thinking about my mixture. Very carefully.” Kerry giggled. “Oh shut up.”
   “Calm down. I think Snape’s over it. Didn’t he just give you points? A vendetta against his own House couldn’t last long.”
   “Against the House, maybe not, but against me...he can make my life miserable without bringing points into
it.”
   “Oh come on, he’s not that vindictive.”
   “You’ve never shared a common room with him.”
   “Point. We’d better get to work, he’s heading this way.” Tia scrambled for her reagents, and only Kerry’s quick hand kept her from adding the entire vial of assassin bug juice to the cauldron.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 07:20:18 PM by Tiamat »
If you're going to be evil, do it right.

SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
Re:My Attmept at a Story
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2002, 03:45:46 AM »

That was really good! I dont

know how to give an actual critique, but I can tell you that that was pretty funny. ^_^
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Sabriel Saraneth

• Ravenclaw Graduate
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • I Prefer PI.
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2002, 01:02:58 PM »

Yeah, I  liked it - Im not a writer at all,

and Id never write if I didnt have the choice, so I commend you for doing what I would never do. Okay, that didnt come out right. Never mind, it was great -

I hope to see more of it!  :)
Eat Pi. It's Mathematical And Delicious.

Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
    • The inside of my head at fanfiction.net...because I'm too lazy to make a real site.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2002, 06:49:45 PM »

*giggle* I'll, um, take that as a

compliment, ne?

Sabriel Saraneth

• Ravenclaw Graduate
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • I Prefer PI.
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2002, 08:27:37 PM »

Yes, a complement. Dont think

about what I just said, just pretend I said something good.  ::)

Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2002, 10:10:22 PM »

Part two, a bit shorter this time, due to the fact that I couldn't word anymore of it right and was depressing myself. Sheesh. Why I always get my inspiration late at night I don't know, but here we go again :)

A couple of thoughts....what was the name of the care of magical creatures teacher before Hagrid got the job? And the divination woman? I have a horrible memory, and my books are still in Utah so I can't look anything up right now, thus I'm being kind of vague on basic
things like names. Sorry.

Tia floated on a cushion of air she’d carefully constructed between her and the Quidditch-field grass. The clouds floated by overhead, sailing towards a sunset that was only just turning orange. She watched one that looked like a dragon until it broke up. Finding that somewhat depressing she followed another that, if she squinted her eyes just so, could be a dragon. Maybe. Okay not at all. It looked like a rabbit, but she wished it was a dragon. It all came of having a name most people could only call ‘original’. Most original name in the whole school. This year anyway. Stupid parents. Had to give her a name that teachers would never, ever forget. Stupid other parents, for giving their children boring names. Stupid everything. Tia was feeling decidedly out of sorts, and glad of it.
   “So, how was the rest of your day?” Kerry plopped down on the grass beside her, sending up a spray of dried leaves that completely defeated the purpose of her air cushion.
   “About the same.” Tia grimaced and started picking leaves out of her hair. “We were studying salamanders in Care of Magical Creatures, and of course they gave me the only non-magical one in the group, by accident, they said. Ha! Then McGonagall wouldn’t let me bring my potion supplies into her classroom. ‘Miss Tiamat Raven,’ she says,” Tia mimicked the Professor’s voice perfectly, if a little high-pitched. “I hate that! All because I corrected her that one time on the origins of my name! Some people just can’t stand to realize there’s something in the universe they didn’t already know. ‘I don’t allow inflammatory substances in my classroom.’ When did she ever say that? Hmmm? So I left it out in the hall, where of course Peeves took off with it. That stupid little pseudo-ghost! I had to chase him all over Hogwarts, and even then he wouldn’t give it back until I threatened to let the Bloody Baron shave his ectoplasmic head. With a dull razor!
   “As if that wasn’t enough for one day, I was horribly late for Charms because I had to go dump my cauldron and stuff in the commons room, since Peeves managed to get chalk-dust all over it. So of course Flitwick used me for a guinea pig to demonstrate all the new enchantments. Except our dear Professor got one wrong, yes, and I had to stay after class for an extra twenty minutes while he worked out how to get my hands unstuck from the frog.” Tia picked up a twig and
snapped in half, then in quarters, then eighths. “I ran back to the commons room, but of course I was too late. We just had to have cleaning inspections today, and there was Professor Snape staring pointedly at my cauldron which someone’s cat had knocked all over the rug, and me with bits of frog still dripping off my robe...ow!” Tia hissed and pulled a splinter out of her finger.
   “Oh.” said Kerry. Tia threw a rock at him. “Hey...at least nothing else could possibly go wrong today.”
   “No, but tonight is still a viable option.” Tia glared up at the darkening sky. “Five years of study, perfecting my techniques, and in one day I’m transformed from A-student to all-subject jinx. I think I’ll leave school.”
   “Oh come on, it’s not that bad. It’ll blow over.”
   “I know. Can’t you just let me gripe for once without trying to make it better?”
   “Nah. It’s not in my nature.”
   “Stupid Hufflepuff.”
   “Hey, not all of us want to be in Slytherin.”
   “I don’t see why not.”
   “Well, there’s always Snape....”
   “Point.” They sat in silence for a while, watching the stars come out.
   “Then of course, there’s all those dark wizards that keep popping out of the woodwork.”
   “Nothing wrong with that. Personally, I think I’d make a great dark wizard.”
   “That’s not funny.”
   “You brought it up.”
   “Point.” There was silence again.
   “So, Tia....speaking of dark wizards....how’s your dad?” Kerry looked sideways at her.
   “That was the stupidest lead-in I’ve ever heard. If you wanted to ask, why didn’t you just do it?”
   “I don’t know. I mean, I do, but it’s stupid. After you and your mom moved out of the area, and I didn’t hear from you all summer, I was kind of worried. Then we came here and you’ve been, well, kind of odd.”
   “Odd? Me? Fancy that, coming from you. How so?”
   “Just like that. You talk real fast and jump all over the place and avoid certain subjects without really seeming
to.”
   “I wasn’t avoiding it, but you said....” Tia stopped. “Oh. Well I guess I don’t really notice a
difference.”
   “Of course not. But I didn’t talk to you all summer, so I do.”
   Tia was quiet for a while, thinking. It was not a good day for this. Why couldn’t he have brought the subject up before? It made sense, though. The Raven and Madden families had been friends for a long time, and Tia and Kerry had pretty much lived in each other’s houses growing up. Of course he’d notice. She considered bursting into tears and fleeing from the field, just to make him feel bad, but she didn’t. She’d feel too stupid about it later. Finally she sighed and decided to get it over with.
   “They released him from Azkaban this summer. That’s why we moved away.”

« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 07:23:54 PM by Tiamat »

AnimeZealot X

• Professor of Divinations
  • Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
  • Formal Friday
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2002, 02:08:35 AM »

im liking

it.......

ummm...thats all.....
"Something's different in my world today: they changed my traffic signs to a brighter yellow." ~ Jason Mraz

Lauren Weasley

• Graduate, Resident Artist and Quidditch Team Co-Captain
  • Gryffindor
  • Graduate
  • All must bow before the penguin!
    • View Profile
    • Patronus
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2002, 08:39:03 PM »

wow, very nice. I usually

can't get invested in the stories of original characters, but no Mary Sues here. Good job.

Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2002, 11:27:52 PM »

I hate M. Sues. Most of the stories I

think of don't get written for that very reason. They're far too silly. So to speak. Usually I can't finish a story because there's no way of getting my

character to the end without making him/her perfect. So I have to fit my stories around my characters rather than vice versa. It makes for some very

strange plot-twists, while my character does something completely opposite from what I had planned. *sigh* that probably makes no sense, but it's true.

I hope I actually finish this one, it's starting to go all over the place in my head. *grin* Scary.

Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2002, 12:30:07 AM »

Part three. Shorter and shorter they come. Once again, it's because I have to get things out, before I edit the life out of them :) Why am I making excuses anyway? It's my stupid story! *giggle*

“Oh.” Kerry tried to conceal the worry that passed across his face and failed miserably. “That’s...good.”
   Tia shook her head. “You accuse me of avoiding subjects and suddenly you can’t talk straight. It is not good, but not the way you think.” She glared at Kerry, who was looking for something disarming to say, no doubt. “The mindless husk they released from that slime-hole of a prison is no threat to anyone. He’s a babbling idiot, Kerry! He can’t speak intelligibly most of the time and when he does speak...he says the most terrible things without even knowing it. Can’t concentrate on anything. Doesn’t see, or even think so far as I can tell. We had to hand-feed him all summer. There’s...nothing left there. Nothing to be afraid of.”
   “That’s...good.” Kerry said again, then whacked
his forehead with his fist. “Tia...I’m sorry...”
   “Oh drop it, you’re right. It’s good. They wouldn’t have released him if he was whole. Dangerous. What I want to know is, why release him at all? Why not tell us he’s dead, get rid of him quietly? Why send us back a shell, a body with no....person? Just to make room in their stupid, overcrowded prison. To take the drain off the Ministry’s treasury and dump it on my mother and I. As
if we could afford this better! After all that happened!” Tia’s second rock ricocheted off one of the Quidditch posts. The sound echoed off the stands surrounding the silent field.
   “But that’s not all.” Tia continued, cutting Kerry off before he could say something she didn’t want to
hear. “I think...it was kind of...a warning. You know? ‘This is what happens. Evil never wins. Don’t cross us, or you’ll end up like him.’” Tia hissed under her breath. “Don’t you see? They’re warning us. One of our family went bad. Horribly, terribly wrong. Why not another? Why not mother? My uncle? Why not me?”
   “Tia, I think you’re getting a bit carried away. Lots of wizarding families were involved in the...war...in one way or another. Everyone’s got relatives, friends, acquaintances that...went bad.”
   “Of course.” Tia smiled slightly, just visible in the
dark. “But my family is born and raised Slytherin. Generations of Hogwarts-graduate Slytherins. And you know...” Tia leaned forward with a mock-conspiratorial whisper. “Most of the wizards that went bad were from Slytherin. Almost all, in fact. You’d really be hard-put to find one that wasn’t. V-Voldemort himself was from the House. Everyone knows there’s something about us, the certain quality, undefined, that makes Slytherins evil....”
   “Tia...stop it...”
   “And then, of course, I got sorted into just that same house...like father like daughter, yes? Maybe I’ll catch the Slytherin bug, hmmm? Better send out that warning....”
   Kerry stood up suddenly. “Okay, I know exactly what’s wrong with you Slytherins. You are suffering from a severe case of ego-flu. Get off your high horse, Tia. I know you’re just dying to believe the Ministry of Magic is frightened of you, but they have lots of other stuff to think about, yes? You’re hardly shaping up to become a second You-Know-Who, eh?” Kerry gathered up his cloak and stalked off towards the entrance.
   “I didn’t mean it that way!” Tia scrambled to her feet, but Kerry was already half-way to the exit. “Hey! Wait.” When he didn’t slow, she stamped her foot, refusing to chase after him like a stupid child. “You brought it up!” She yelled. “You asked! Why ask....if you don’t want to know....” She trailed off, staring at the empty exit.
   “Idiot,” she whispered, not quite sure if she meant Kerry or herself.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 07:27:14 PM by Tiamat »

Lauren Weasley

• Gryffindor
  • Graduate
    • View Profile
    • Patronus
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2002, 04:19:47 PM »

ooo, I like. I want more! I

like Kerry, he's cool.

Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2002, 10:04:47 PM »

As per Lauren's request...

A few days later Tia was sitting in the Slytherin commons room, attempting to re-educate Derrell Silvern's hand-me-down chess set. From her lap, The Court of Nine Queens’ Leftover Ember tried to grab a bishop. The sudden lack of attention was seriously annoying the cat.
   "Put the knight down. That's right. Yes, they are allowed to jump over your head, and...Hey! Don't eat that queen! Spit her out! Derrell!" Tia grabbed hold of the offending rook and attempted to extricate her queen from its throat.
   "Disanimate!" A spark from Derrell's wand touched the pieces and they fell apart, hitting the table with wooden clicks. Tia gathered up her pieces, frowning at the tooth marks all over her queen. "I give up. You just tell your brother he can have his set back, they're beyond hope. Wait, I've got a better idea. Re-animate that rook and stick it under his bed sheets tonight. Maybe then he'll discipline his own chessmen, yes?"
               Derrell snickered. "I'll keep that in mind." Just then a loud knocking was heard on the hidden door to the commons room. Derrell and Tia both looked at it for a minute. The knocking got louder.
              “Well, aren’t you going to get it?” Tia snapped.
              “Why don’t you get it?”
              “You’re standing already.”
              Derrell rolled his eyes and stalked over to the doorway. He stepped out into the hallway beyond for a moment and then reappeared, smirking. “Hey, you don’t hang out with Hufflepuffs, do you?”
              “No.” That was true, anyway. She only hung out with one Hufflepuff.      
   “Well, there’s one at the door, asking for you. Go figure.” Tia rolled her eyes and extricated herself from the chair and her cat. It was probably Kerry coming to apologize, finally. She’d wondered when he was going to get around to it. Derrell was great for hanging out, but he was terrible at potions. Tia was looking forward to having her old partner back.
             “What do you want? You’re ruining my reputation here.” Tia blinked. The girl staring at her
from across the hall was definitely not Kerry. “Er…I mean…I thought you were Kerry.”
            “No, he’s still avoiding you like the plague, haven’t you noticed?” Obviously this Hufflepuff didn’t have Kerry’s sarcastic disability.
           “Fine. What do you want?”
           “I want you to apologize to Kerry.”
           Tia stared. Then she started to laugh, she couldn’t help it. “Me? Apologize to him? I think not. Is that all?”
           “No!” The Hufflepuff girl shook her head angrily. “I can’t stand to be in the same room with him anymore, and I have to put up with him as potions partner! All he can do is complain about you, or stomp around the commmons room, sulking. It’s really pathetic, so why don’t you just apologize and we can all be rid of it?”
     This was a little much. “Excuse me, but I’m wondering why, if everyone’s so unhappy, you don’t tell Kerry himself to come over here and apologize. I certainly don’t need to be reprimanded by some Hufflepuff lackey!”
           The girl was getting annoyed now. “You Slytherins are all the same! You can’t ever stand to show a little humility, especially if it helps someone else.”
          Okay, that was it. Tia grabbed the girl by the arm and marched her to the end of the hall. “This has nothing to do with houses, understand me? If I hear one more stupid comment about how Slytherins are like this and Hufflepuffs are like that, I will personally find myself a new Slytherin role model and throw you off the highest tower in Hogwarts, understand?”
       “Let go of me!” The girl pulled hard at Tia’s grip. At the last minute Tia let go and the girl stumbled to keep her balance. “I don’t know why I even tried.” She snapped. “I thought it would do some good, but I think I’d better tell Kerry just to leave well enough alone. He must be better off without you for a friend.” She turned and stalked off down the hall.
          Tia shook her head. What was that all about? Stupid Hufflepuffs, always trying to do some good, and inevitably botching it. She wasn’t really fighting with Kerry, it was just a friendly squabble. So they’d said some stupid things late at night when they were both tired. And then they’d made it worse the next day at breakfast, but that was no big deal. And all that avoiding each other in the hallways was just part of the game. They’d both get over it soon enough…right?
           She peered back in the commons room. Derrell had disappeared into the dormitory, and Ember was curled up in Tia’s vacated chair, looking like she had no intention of moving any time soon. Stupid cat. Tia had no idea why she liked her so much. She turned and walked down the hall instead, enjoying her bad mood. All she needed now was someone else to yell at, that
would just put the cap on it. She turned into one of the main hallways, almost deserted as the day drew to its close. She stepped onto a staircase and waited for it to swing across the shaft to the other side. Then she rode it back.
           Stupid Kerry. After everything that went on this week, now she had to deal with his little snit. Couldn’t he take a joke? She hadn’t been serious about that whole Voldemort thing. Certainly not. After living through that whole mess, two extremely frightened children, with Deatheaters swarming around and people just randomly disappearing and then reappearing in twelve different places… how could he even think she would try to… Tia leaned over the rail and peered down the shaft with no real interest. Idiot. She’d just
been stressed and annoyed, and she always said stupid things at night, he knew that.
          Tia glanced up, surprised by a sudden lack of movement. The staircase had stopped in the middle of the shaft. She kicked at a railing experimentally. The staircase moved a few inches then shuddered to a stop
again.
         “Move, you piece of….of…” Lacking a suitable epithet, she kicked the rail again. “Move!” she jumped on the tiles a few times.        
     “That is hardly the way to go about it, Miss Tiamat Raven.” A familiar voice spoke from one of the entrances to the stairwell. Tia looked up at Professor McGonagall. “These stairs can be ornery at times and must be handled with care, or they get insulted.
           Insulted? Tia tried not to laugh. “Professor, with all due respect, stairs…do…not…think!” She punctuated each word with a further blow to the stairs, and finally, grudgingly, they creaked across the gap and reattached themselves next to McGonagall. Tia hopped off, grinned at the Professor, and then turned and bowed elaborately to the retreating stairs.
   “A very pretty show, Miss Tiamat Raven, but would you kindly tell me how you’re going to get them to carry you back to your dormitory now? Where you have to be in,” she looked at her watch. “Five minutes?”
               “Er…” Tia paused. Then she turned and dashed down the hall. “I know a shortcut!” she called back.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 07:32:29 PM by Tiamat »

AnimeZealot X

• Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
  • Formal Friday
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2002, 02:25:34 AM »

this story is just getting

better and better!
"Something's different in my world today: they changed my traffic signs to a brighter yellow." ~ Jason Mraz

Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2002, 09:35:47 AM »

Why thank you, AZ. Fancy that, I

got a compliment from AZ! *dance*

Sabriel Saraneth

• Ravenclaw Graduate
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • I Prefer PI.
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2002, 06:20:46 PM »

Wow! I had a lot to read there...good

story...I like how the plots going...  :)

Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2002, 07:29:39 PM »

Plot? I had a plot? Uh oh

*scribbles note to self to add plot at next suitable interval*

Sabriel Saraneth

• Ravenclaw Graduate
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • I Prefer PI.
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2002, 07:34:00 PM »

Lol...no seriously,  I really like it.  

:)

Lauren Weasley

• Gryffindor
  • Graduate
    • View Profile
    • Patronus
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2002, 10:24:43 PM »

aww, make up with Kerry!

Kerry is cool! *grins*

Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2002, 11:31:20 PM »

I refuse. He's a dork, sheesh, am I

the only one who sees it? *grin* just kidding. I like Kerry too. So to speak. Don't anyone interpret that.

AnimeZealot X

• Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
  • Formal Friday
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2002, 02:08:03 AM »

wherever you take the

story, make uping or not, im sure it will be interesting.....i really want to see where the short cut takes her....

Madeleine

• Resident Mum
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Flavor of the week: Chili Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2002, 03:10:38 PM »

So, Tia, have you

managed to write any more since school started?  You left us at a bit of a cliffhanger, you know.

This may be an odd question, and if the answer

is no, please ignore it entirely because it will mean you're not who I think you are, but do you, by any chance, live in a pit?
Don't get stuck on stupid.

Kenobi Maul

• Slytherin Quidditch Team Captain and Tutor
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • We are better than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2002, 06:16:36 PM »

I don't believe Tia is

currently active...

Lauren Weasley

• Gryffindor
  • Graduate
    • View Profile
    • Patronus
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2002, 06:31:36 PM »

yeah, she hasn't been

around the past few months

AnimeZealot X

• Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
  • Formal Friday
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2002, 01:54:34 AM »

awww well. looks like

we'll just have to wait a bit longer for the next issue.

Sabriel Saraneth

• Ravenclaw Graduate
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • I Prefer PI.
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2002, 09:15:11 PM »

Aww, and I was so eager for the story

to continue...  :-\

Lauren Weasley

• Gryffindor
  • Graduate
    • View Profile
    • Patronus
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2002, 01:49:47 PM »

does anyone have her

email?

Sabriel Saraneth

• Ravenclaw Graduate
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • I Prefer PI.
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2002, 02:14:48 PM »

It says on her profile that her email is

sekhmet42@hotmail.com...

Lauren Weasley

• Gryffindor
  • Graduate
    • View Profile
    • Patronus
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2002, 02:56:06 PM »

we should get KM to email

her, as her housemate, he's less likely to scare her away permanently.

Sabriel Saraneth

• Ravenclaw Graduate
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • I Prefer PI.
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2002, 12:53:21 AM »

Yeah...  ;D

AnimeZealot X

• Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
  • Formal Friday
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2002, 01:57:04 AM »

sounds

good
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up