Hogsmeade

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Closed.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New RP thread: plotting Gryffindors  (Read 423 times)

Cho Chung

• Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor and Gryffindor Prefect
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
  • Have you charmed your prefect today? :D
    • View Profile
New RP thread: plotting Gryffindors
« on: August 20, 2003, 01:41:39 PM »

[This thread has been born out of a little RPing that was going on in the Great Hall House Cup Totals thread.  Since it seemed to be taking on a life of its own, it's been moved here.]

Cho walks out of Great Hall with babbling Mad in tow and a nervous Sirius following behind, but not too closely.  Suddenly, she turns on Sirius, causing him to yell and jump back about three feet.

"Relax.  I'm okay, really.  I'm not going to hurt you, Sirius.  

"Now, here's my thought.  First, Mad's pregnant and just not making sense.  I wanted to get her out of there before she started really making a fool of herself.  Mission accomplished there.

Second, I wanted us to plot about how to win the house cup with the two weeks or so we have left."  

Still talking, Cho continues walking, looking for an out of the way spot so no one will eavesdrop.  

"What we need to do is not so much get more points for ourselves, which is always worth it, of course, but find some way to get some Ravenclaws in serious trouble so that their points fall by the wayside.  Any ideas?"

Finally, Cho finds what she's been looking for:  a panel of stone wall that moves to the side when she taps it with her wand three times.  Entering, Cho and Sirius find themselves in a perfectly sound proof room.  Seeing Sirius looking around in wonder, Cho explains,

"It's one of the secret rooms that the Weasley twins showed me before they left the school for good.  They used to practice their charms and joke stuff in here so that no one could hear them."

« Last Edit: August 20, 2003, 04:24:51 PM by Cho Chung »
Birthdays are great.  Everyone should have them.

Silas.R.Claw

• Fifth-year student
  • Ravenclaw
  • Third-year Student
  • Beaters Rock Of Course
    • View Profile
    • http://ravenswing.proboards21.com/
Re:New RP thread: plotting Gryffindors
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2003, 01:49:11 PM »

You better watch your self or you could get in trouble. and ravenclaw will win. *as Silas walkes away he says*
Oh yah........................YOUR GOING DOWN
Please join my site its http://ravenswing.proboards21.com/

Celina

• Fifth-year
  • Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
  • only time
    • View Profile
    • The Crib
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2003, 02:39:36 PM »

*celina psses silas in the hall and smirks*
phhhh, Hufflepuff would be winning, not that we aren't by the end of term, it's just that somebody took 5 points off my house for a simple mistake I made.
*keeps walking*

Silas.R.Claw

• Fifth-year student
  • Ravenclaw
  • Third-year Student
  • Beaters Rock Of Course
    • View Profile
    • http://ravenswing.proboards21.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2003, 02:43:13 PM »

*smirkes back* well join the club i lost 5 points also.
and im still in the lead. j/k
Please join my site its http://ravenswing.proboards21.com/

Sirius Black

• Resident Bum
  • Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2003, 04:14:31 PM »

*As an expression of understanding comes over Sirius' face, he nods.*

"Oh yeah, I discovered this one in my sixth year. Pretty well hidden, but you have to watch out... Mrs. Norris knows about it. Interesting how the stone alignment moves around, isn't it?

Okay though, so have you got any ideas for how to sabotage the Ravenclaw point totals? I can't really come up with anything...

WAIT! I'VE GOT IT!! CHO!!"

*Cho whispers harshly at Sirius*
"Shh! Keep your voice down! We don't want anybody hearing this! Just imagine..."

"Okay, okay, you're right. Anyway, I was going to say... well you know how I've been working on a new batch of sweets, after I gave all my last ones away? Well... I had planned on making a large batch of 200 this time. So I've got tons of materials, and I haven't had much time yet... So I've only enchanted about 50-100 of them. I can do whatever I want to the rest of them.

What do you say I... mix things up a bit? I might need your help, but I think I've got a plan.

With some of your knowledge of spells, we could enchant the remaining 100-150 sweets to make the Ravenclaws do horrible things...

We could make them get terrible out bursts at random times so they would disrupt class.... Make them insult teachers, and other prefects... Wreck things, make huge messes in front of everyone... And random stuff like running around and de-robing people...

What do you think? That would surely take away a bit of points, if you're up to it..."

*Sirius anxiously wipes a bit of drool off the side of his face with his robe sleeve, and re-focuses his eyes*

"What do you think, Cho??"

Cho Chung

• Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2003, 04:28:05 PM »

Cho ponders this.  At first her face lights up at the idea, but as Sirius explains it further, her face scrunches up in concern.

"I dunno, Sirius.  I mean, if we get caught, we'd lose a bucket load of points, wouldn't we?  Do you think it's worth it?"

Cho turns to Mad, who has stopped babbling but is still staring into space a little bit.

"Mad?"  Cho asks tentatively.  Mad jumps and says, "Who?  What?  I'll get you for this!"  As she takes a fighting stance, a bit comical with a pregnant tummy, Mad regains her senses and looks around.  "Oh, hi Cho.  Hi, Sirius.  Um, where are we?  And, um, what are we doing here?"

Cho and Sirius quickly fill her in.

Sirius Black

• Resident Bum
  • Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2003, 04:30:33 PM »

*Sirius mumbles something about a Lockheart auora (sp?) coming off Mad at the moment...*

Well, what do you think Mad? I mean think of how much fun it would be... And look, they keep pulling ahead of us in the Cup! >:(

*somewhere out in the hall, 2 voices drift by, saying something about "destory" and "Gryffindor" and "House Cup..."*

Cho, Mad and Sirius become silent for a few seconds, holding their breath and willing the voices to continue on...Until the silence is broken by a door closing at the end of the hall.

"Okay, they're gone. Now, what did you think about it, Mad?"
« Last Edit: August 20, 2003, 04:36:00 PM by Sirius BIack »

Madeleine

• Resident Mum
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Flavor of the week: Chili Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2003, 11:25:46 AM »

Mad looks as if she's concentrating really hard ... for a minute.  Her face soon relaxes and her eyes drift off vaguely.

"What about... parrots?" she asks.
Don't get stuck on stupid.

Madeleine

• Resident Mum
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2003, 02:43:57 PM »

OOC:  Silas, we are in a sound-proof room, alone.  You are not in the room, nor do you know how to get into the room as it is secret.  You do not know what we are discussing.  All of this has been stated.  Kindly stop shouting in the hall, please.

Angharad yr Gwyn

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
  • We are better than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2003, 03:13:55 PM »

OOC: Gryffindor plotting.  That seems out of character really.  Shouldn't it be Slytherin that is doing the plotting?
Slytherin Pride

SeaShelly3

• Keeper of the Keys and Grounds and Rogue Wizard
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2003, 04:28:01 PM »

[OOC: who said Gryffindors couldn't plot? That's like saying Slytherins can't be smart, because thats a Ravenclaw thing]
[IC]

Shelly wandered around the school, looking for Sirius, Mad, Cho, anybody! "Argh!" She shouted, startling three Hufflepuff second years into sprinting away from her. "I'm so BORED!"

She pulled her wand out of her robes, dying to curse something in frustration. She thought vaguely of going back up to the common room to perfect her new eye candy. (They made you grow eyes out the top of your head, but she hadn't been able to stop them from making your teeth fall out. She had had to eat soup through a straw for a week until she found a countercharm)

"Ugh, what's the point? Everyone's buying candy from Sirius now." Shelly chuckled at the memory of what had happened in the common room. The "resident bum" had done a pretty good job on those toffees. Scared those first-years out of their wits. She had been looking for Sirius to discuss his method. This brought her back to original objective. I must have searched this school a dozen times now! Where could they be?

Shelly screamed in the hope that someone would hear her. "Sirius! Cho! Mad? HELLO??"

Shelly paused to take a breather, leaning against a paneled stone wall.

[OOC: hint hint]
[OOC: Sirius! You really used "resident bum!" ROFL!]
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Sirius Black

• Resident Bum
  • Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2003, 10:37:54 PM »

Suddenly, all three hiding in the passageway fell silent again.

Sirius looked to Cho and asked, "Did you hear that? It sounded like SS... what do you think? Shall we risk giving our spot away to let her in? She could probably be of some help..."

Sirius quickly and silently tapped the wall of the passageway three times, and Shelly popped right through, toppling over Mad.

Sirius and Cho filled Shelly in, laughing here and there at Shelly's expressions of great interest and mischevious smiles.

"Well, Cho is a bit undecided. I say go for it. Mad said something about Parrots... I think she was saying we could bewitch the treats to make Ravenclaws mimic teachers... a good idea, so I take it she's in. That makes it 2 votes yes, one undecided. What do you think, Shelly?"

At this point, Sirius was carefully avoiding Cho's eye, and praying that Mad would stay silent, and not ruin his work.

Madeleine

• Resident Mum
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2003, 07:21:45 AM »

Shelly, glancing at Mad with Sirius, was startled to notice her glazed expression.

"Cauldron cakes," she muttered, drooling slightly.  "With ponies!"

Cho Chung

• Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2003, 08:19:04 AM »

The three Gryffindors who had been waiting expectantly for something coherent from their senior prefect sighed in resignation that she would be out of commission for a little while.  

"Well," said Cho hesitantly.  "I know that this was my idea, but I was thinking of something a little more devious and underhanded, like provoking a Ravenclaw to do something bad without using magic.  After all, if we get caught, it'll be a double whammy.  But if we're just using non-magical provocation, it can always be, er, spun in a different direction.  Know what I mean?"

She looked at Shelly and Sirius as they both continued to watch Mad drool.  It was the only time she'd ever thought that Mad matched her name.

Madeleine

• Resident Mum
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2003, 08:28:01 AM »

OCC:  Well you're the one who wrote me in as a raving lunatic!  :p

Sirius Black

• Resident Bum
  • Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2003, 08:36:53 AM »

Sirius sighed, and bowed his head in defeat. Oh, alright Cho, you win this time. But I'm not saying a few treats won't slip out of my pockets you know...!

"Anyway, what exactly did you have in mind? We could send them messages signed as Hufflepuff members, and put Hippogryf dung in them... I'm sure that would start a rumble...   Or we could stop up all their toilets... that would just be for fun, though..."

Cho Chung

• Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2003, 09:04:38 AM »

[OOC:  I know, Mad.  I'm just having fun with you at the moment.  Feel free to snap out of it whenever you want, though.  It's your character.]

"Well," said Cho, thinking.  "I'm not sure that I know what I had in mind.  It's just that, you know how the Slytherins are always able to say things under their breath that get us to react and then get us in trouble?  I was thinking something along those lines.  Not that I want to be a Slytherin or anything," Cho sudders at the thought. "Just, some of their techniques are so ... effective."

Mad suddenly opens her mouth as if to actually add to the conversation and snaps it shut again just as quickly, resembling something like a snapping turtle.  

SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2003, 02:44:22 PM »

Shelly cleared her throat to add something to the conversation after her long period of silence.

"Well... I still like the cursed treats idea, but that's just me."

Sirius and Cho slapped their foreheads, and Shelly heard Cho mutter something like, "Of course..." Mad, however, only blew several large spit bubbles.

Shelly ignored this and continued. "However, if we're going to do it non-magic-style, you guys are lucky to have me here. I'm muggle-born, and I know some stuff that worked on my sister long before I could do magic."

Sirius and Cho looked excited at the idea, until Shelly said, "Then again, my sister has approximately the intelligence and attention span of an oatmeal cookie. I reckon it would be harder to antagonize the Ravenclaws, no?"
The quantity of consonants in the English language is constant. If omitted in one place, they turn up in another. When a Bostonian "pahks" his "cah," the lost r's migrate southwest, causing a Texan to "warsh" his car and invest in "erl wells."

Permlessgirl

• Ravenclaw
  • Prefect
  • Fourth-year Student
  • "S'up Figgy?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2003, 03:17:13 PM »

OOC: I'll try to get into this RP soon, but with you all behind to wall I can't really at the moment :). Plan on coming out anytime soon?
"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have,"

Cho Chung

• Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2003, 04:27:40 PM »

[OOC: No, but feel free to jump in anyway.  It could be like segments of a show at the same time.  Or I suppose you could fall through accidentally.  Good point, though, about others not being able to join into the RP.  Let's see what we can do about that.]  

Sirius Black

• Resident Bum
  • Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2003, 06:47:41 PM »

Alright, well obviously all this new input is good. What do you think, can I put a charm on the passage way door so that we can see who is outside it, but they can't see in? That way if we see any other Gryffindors we can let them in... But no Slytherins or anyone else will know we're here... What do you think?

*raises wand in the ready position, awating approval from one of the two Prefects...*

Cho Chung

• Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2003, 08:45:56 AM »

"Good idea, Sirius.  Let's do that.  Maybe we can get some input from some fellow Gryffindors"

Shelly nodded in agreement, and Mad just blew some more bubbles.

Madeleine

• Resident Mum
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2003, 03:13:45 PM »

"Mmmmmmm.  Oatmeal cookies!"

Cho Chung

• Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2003, 05:11:46 PM »

The trio looked at Mad again.  Wishing that Mad would finally come to her senses and give some input, Cho just slapped Mad a few times on her face (not too hard, but hard enough to jar her) until Mad blurted, "I like the idea!  I like it!  I like it!"

She then slumped on the floor and fell fast asleep.

With raised eyebrows, Cho sighed, "Well, I guess that makes three against 1 for the cursed treats."  Cho thought of the hourglasses in the Great Hall and the points flying into the Ravenclaw hourglass.  "Okay.  I'm in, too.  Let's do it.  Sirius, what kinds of treats do you have?"

With a troubled but resigned face, Cho turned to Sirius.

SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2003, 07:27:38 PM »

Shelly stands up suddenly and shouts.
"Wait! I can help! I'm good at making treats! Remember? Ooh! Let me help!"

Shelly appears to be panicking. Of course they won't want me to help. I'm just a sixth year, and Sirius has graduated. What a bum. Shelly chuckles inwardly at the irony of this.

Cho walks over to Sirius, casting a glance at Shelly before discussing tactics with Sirius. Madeleine attempts to lick her nose, eyes crossed.

Ooh, I'll show them. I'll make treats much better than Sirius's, Shelly thinks bitterly, before grabbing her advanced N.E.W.T. Potions book (stolen from a seventh year Slytherin)

Edit: Spelling error
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 10:30:06 PM by SeaShelly3 »

Sirius Black

• Resident Bum
  • Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2003, 10:20:09 PM »

"Oy! Shelly! Over here, help us out!"

"But Sirius, she's only a 6th year! She could get in trouble! And get expelled, or something!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever Cho. Let's leave it up to her. So, what do you say Shelly? I know you've got a devil streak...well... more than a streak... in you. Want to put it to use? I could sure use your input, especially since I'm so busy lately!

Anyway, I've got just some un-enchanted blank treats right now. We can use them all, I've not problem with it. Which ideas did you girls like, anyway? I personaly like a disruption charm so that the Ravenclaws just go bezerk, but it's up to you guys too..."

SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2003, 10:28:41 PM »

Shelly gasps, and all bitterness evaporates faster than a lightbulb exploding.

"Really!? I can... help?! Eee!"

Shelly clears her throat.

"I mean, of course I can help! I mean, what would you do without me, right?"

Shelly beams.

"Alright, well look here what I found in this potions book. The mind drain. If the Ravenclaws don't know anything in class, then they can't earn anymore points, right?"

"Ooh, it looks difficult, though. Where on earth are we going to get dragon tongue? Do they even sell that anymore?"

[OOC: *Laughs at the idea of Ravenclaws drinking dragon tongue*]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 10:29:37 PM by SeaShelly3 »

Cho Chung

• Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2003, 11:12:16 PM »

Cho considers this.  

"No, I think the disruptive charm would be better.  Heck, let's do both while we're at it.  It's kind of like offense and defense:  make sure they don't get any more points and then make 'em lose the points they have."

Cho casts a glance at Mad.  

"Shelly, Sirius, see if you can find a charm to make one of the Ravenclaws act like Mad.  In fact," Cho said deviously, "let's get that Ravenclaw prefect Permlessgirl to eat it.  That'd be hilarious!"

The Gryffindors all laugh together as they plot throughout the afternoon.

When the charms have all been cast, Cho looks at her watch and realizes that they have been in the room for hours.  

"It's probably time for us to get out of here and get these candies dispersed to the Ravenclaws.  I'll go first and take Mad out of here.  Shelly, you next.  Then Sirius.  To get out, you just tap the wall that you came in three times and step forward.  Be careful, though.  You might run into someone as you step out.  For some reason, people don't expect someone to just come walking through a wall."

Cho gathered Mad and headed toward the wall, tapping it three times and stepping carefully through, looking both ways before crossing.  Shelly and Sirius watched them disappear through the wall.

SeaShelly3

• Prefect
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Just a LiveJournal...
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2003, 01:28:49 PM »

After a few minutes go by, Shelly glances back at Sirius and says "Well, I guess it's my turn then."
Sirius replies, "Guess so."
"All right then." Replies shelly, listening carefully for sounds of footsteps. She waited until she was sure nobody was coming, and then stepped out of the wall.

Picking herself up off the ground, Shelly looks down at Mad and Cho. Obviously, Mad had decided to fall asleep as soon as she exited the secret room, and Cho was trying to wake her up. Shelly looks shocked that Mad is still asleep, as she had just been tripped over by a large pair of feet with a human to match. Shelly rubs her knees, which both feel fractured, and limps over to Cho. "What's going on? Can't you wake her up?"

Permlessgirl

• Ravenclaw
  • Prefect
  • Fourth-year Student
  • "S'up Figgy?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2003, 04:30:07 PM »

As PG walked towards the Great Hall, she couldn't help but notice the unconcience Gryffindor graduate lying on the floor. The two girls beside her looked concerned.

'Hmmm. I hope she's alright' she thought.

After a few moments consideration she decided to ask what the problem was. She hoped she wouldn't seem nosy - the Gryffindors had been quick to find reasons to be angry with her lately. 'No, this is out of concern. They won't mind' she convinced herself, approaching the 3 girls.

"Hey, is everything all right with her?" she asked, nodding towards Madeleine.
"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have,"
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up