Author Topic: Student Backgrounds  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Verkolak

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
  • We are better than you.
    • View Profile
Student Backgrounds
« on: March 14, 2003, 07:41:22 AM »
Ok, I thought KM had started a thread for us to post the backgrounds of our personas on Hogsmeade, but I can't find it, so I'm starting a new thread. I spent 3 hours at work last night stripping wax off the floorboards on the stairwell landings wihout my CD player. The sheer boredom forced me to come up with Verkolak's background.

Verkolak Nightblade was born in Sofia, capitol of Bulgaria, during the end of the communist regime. You've all heard of communist witch hunts...well they turned out to be a but more literal than you thought. The communists began searching for any witch, wizard, or warlock they could find, hoping to use them in the military against the Western Block.
When Verkolak was five his parents fled Bulgaria to the United States with Verkolak and his sister. As part of their efforts to conceal their wizarding background Verkolak ws forced to attend a muggle school, which is where he learned English, though his family continued to speak Bulgarian in the home.
After the fall of communism in Bulgaria the Nightblades returned to Bulgaria. Interestingly enough this was just about the time Verkolak became old enough to attend a wizarding school. His parents sent him to Durmstrang (sp?) for several years, however they decided the school was not up to par and objected to Verkolak being taught the Dark Arts.
Verkolak transfered to Hogswarts, however since Durmstrang doesn't quite teach at Hogswarts' level he didn't do so well in the placement exams. Subsequently he was placed with the fourth years despite having been a sixth year at his old school.
He obviously enjoys Quidditch (along with the rest of the wizarding world) along with football (soccer to all you Americans). In case you haven't noticed he has a bit of a thing for Gospojitza (Miss) Tiamat (this has absolutely nothing to do with real life...oh, wait, strike that, it has everything to do with real life) and has been sore pressed to restrain his urge to use the Dark Arts against certain members of the school. (He had to sign a contract stating he would not use the Dark Arts for any reason to be admitted to Hogswarts.)

Well, there you have it. I'll add updates if I think of anything else.

Offline Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
Re:Student Backgrounds
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 11:49:43 AM »
Very good idea, this thread. Take 25 points, for the background and for the thread. :)

Ping's parents and grandfather immigrated to Britain from China when she was very small. Her parents were killed during Voldemort's reign of terror, and she was raised by her grandfather. She is split between the two cultures, and sometimes she wonders just where she belongs.

She looks more like her mother, but she has her father's wand. She's a Ravenclaw (though I, Ping, MoM, was sorted into Gryffindor, honest!), so she likes her studies and spends a lot of time in the library, but she also is a pretty good martial artist. She believes in the whole "martial arts are for defense only" thing, and she'll try and think/talk her way out of a fight any way she can.
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Offline Sickle Dashed

• Fifth-year
  • Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
  • mooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2003, 07:06:59 PM »
round two, I wrote this and

then got logged off.

Sickle, an american kid of muggle parents. became a delinquent who found that he could do more than was good for him,

or the community, and was being passed around from psychotritsts and hospitals when one doctor who was married to a witch saw what was happening

talked with his parents. He was then admitted into an american school for wizardry. But still proved to be quite the troublemaker and so was transfered to

hogwarts in the hopes that dumbledore and hagrid could help him out.

Sorry for the third person but it made it easier to write.
Don't make me sick MY Balrog on you!

Offline Verkolak

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2003, 06:43:54 PM »
Hey Cho! Want to get a football match

going?

Offline Cho Chung

• Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor and Gryffindor Prefect
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
  • Have you charmed your prefect today? :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2003, 06:50:18 PM »
Sure thing.  You mean, without

magic?  We'll have to teach all these non-muggle educated folks how to play, though won't we?  

*thinks*

Okay, everyone!  All

those interested in learning how to play muggle football, meet Verk and me in the Halls of Hogwarts!
Birthdays are great.  Everyone should have them.

Offline Ping

• Minister of Magic
  • Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
    • Ping's Notes
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2003, 02:14:48 PM »
And 10 to Mad for her background.

:)
Friends don't let friends fly drunk.

One Ping Only

Offline Lauren Weasley

• Graduate, Resident Artist and Quidditch Team Co-Captain
  • Gryffindor
  • Graduate
  • All must bow before the penguin!
    • View Profile
    • Patronus
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2003, 08:33:25 PM »
Lauren was the internet's

first Harry Potter Mary Sue/American exchange student. No that was not a joke. Seriously, summer of 99', I found my first RPG, and after about ten

minutes of thought, invented Lauren, and have been Lauren ever since.

She's Ron's American cousin who strangely enough, likes all the

same things as me, lives in the same place as me, but just happens to have red hair and belong to the world's coolest family. Transferred to Hogwarts,

for her and Ron and Harry and Hermione's third year, and in my own personally HP series became their best friend and all that jazz. Wow, I should post

one of the bios I wrote once upon a time.... Patheticus. I feel 13 again.

Offline Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
    • The inside of my head at fanfiction.net...because I'm too lazy to make a real site.
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2003, 10:42:15 PM »
We were all thirteen once. I mean...I

certainly never made up characters in my head that convientiently took the place of any main characters in any books I read, and better. No. Not at

all.

Okay all the time. I hope I'm over it by now ;)
If you're going to be evil, do it right.

Offline juwannajedi

• Hufflepuff Prefect and Head of the Magical Desserts Division
  • Administrator
  • Sixth-year
  • I'm back. Did you miss me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2003, 09:26:57 AM »
juwannajedi is the daughter of

an American military muggle and an Irish witch.  As a child, she lived a muggle life in the United States and in Europe.  She has several younger siblings.

The exact number seems to change quite frequently.  Thank heavens she is the oldest!

She became fascinated with a muggle movies series

called "Star Wars" and was given a nickname which honored her love of the Jedi.  She also learned to cook and bake while living in France.  

She has carried her culinary skills with her ever since.

Ju received an invitation to Hogwarts and to the American School of Wizardry in Rome

while living in Italy.  Her parents decided it would be best if she went to Hogwarts.  Off she went.  She became great friends with the house elves because

she would often sneak off to the kitchens to "whip up a little something."

Lemon cupcakes anyone?  
Think Hufflepuffian thoughts!

Offline Verkolak

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2003, 02:29:56 AM »
One thing I forgot to mention.

Verkolak has a brother and sister. His sister is also a student at Hogswarts, however she is extremely tired of being known as "Verkolak's

sister" and spends most of her time involved in her studies, as such she doesn't post that much. The brother is still too young for Hogwarts, but

might attend later.

Offline Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
    • The inside of my head at fanfiction.net...because I'm too lazy to make a real site.
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2003, 10:31:20 AM »
This is compounded by the fact that

her first name is Verkolaks, being a feminine version is an odd magical dialect, and her last name is Sister, since she's adopted...

*dodges

flying fireballs* I was kidding! Kidding!

Offline Verkolak

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2003, 06:35:04 PM »
Right, I'll just have to tell her you said

that and the next time she sees you....

Offline Cho Chung

• Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2003, 08:27:07 AM »
10 points each to Lauren and Ju

for their bios.

Offline Lauren Weasley

• Gryffindor
  • Graduate
    • View Profile
    • Patronus
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2003, 08:33:24 PM »
You mean I can tell

embarrasing stories about what I did when I was 13 and actually get points? Cool beans! And thanks.

Offline Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2003, 09:51:21 PM »
Eh? Can I tell embarassing stories

from my pre-teen years and get points? ;)

Offline Verkolak

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2003, 10:20:05 PM »
That would be interesting.

Offline Cho Chung

• Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2003, 07:43:26 AM »
[OOC:  Not exactly, Lauren.  

We're in the RP threads now, remember?  You should be telling Lauren Weasley's story, not your own.]  

Offline Morgana McCawber

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2003, 05:29:05 PM »
Morgana is, apparently, one of

the few students here who is not an exchange student.  While they do study the Dark Arts, her family was not with Voldemort during his power, mostly

because they can't stand being under anybody.  Her father and granny weren't too happy when Morgana got her letter from Hogwarts, feeling they could

teach her perfectly well at home.  Morgana put her stubborn foot down and came anyway.  This makes for crowded summers, since Daddy and Granny

insist on catching her up on "everything she's missed."  Things get a little interesting in class when Morgana gets confused and accidentally

mixes her family's brand of magic with the Hogwarts style... Really, the jelly cauldron incident wasn't her fault.  Honestly.  As a side note, she doesn't

like to advertise it much, but not everybody in Morgana's family tree is exactly human.
If you're going to die so messily, do be so kind as to step off the rug.

Offline Tiamat

• Slytherin
  • Prefect
  • Sixth-year
  • Voldy-chan!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2003, 07:57:48 PM »
I'm not an exchange student. *blinks*

I didn't know Hogwarts was so....multicultural :) Multi-racial? No that doesn't sound PC...how about multi-species? *grin*

Offline AnimeZealot X

• Professor of Divinations
  • Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
  • Formal Friday
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2003, 02:43:42 AM »
alright....i love this. ive

had this planned out for a long time.

AZ grew up under a more mundaine name than Anime Zealot, but you know, lets just pretent that

its like that.  He grew up on the west coast with his ex hippie wizzard parents. the magical persons density is quite low on the west coast because of its

remoteness from most wizzarding comerce centers. there are just enough wizzards to get a good amiture quidich leauge for all of the states west of the

Rocky mountains.  as he came into his powers he appyled to his regonal represientitive with the ministry for a scholaship to go to a mainstream

wizarding school like hogwarts. he was accepted, and ported off to greece to stay with some relitives he had who were in the higherarchy of hiding all of

the madness going on around the old greek ruins. he became acustom to europian life and started school at hogwarts after that summer. his time there

was not neccisarily "mundaine", but wasnt acompanied by any of the horrible atrocities besieging earlier generations. he became a light

troublemaker along with his good friends Lauren Weasley, SeaShelly, Sirius Black, and other gryfindor chohorts. as his time there went on he got into

some more serious mis adventures, one very prominent one involving a pure form of necromancy, and a large scare brought on by its implications. his

student days wore down, and he thought it was obvious he wanted to go into divinations, seeing all the incompitance in most divinations practiced today,

he begain focusing his inner eye, and after graduating he spent 1 year in an aprentice ship, and then two years in a sole survival training in the hidden

plains of greenland. he then returned to hogwarts to gladly take up the position of professor of divinations, and has recently been taking long sebaticals to

further improve his meditation, and broaden his technical scope.

yay!
"Something's different in my world today: they changed my traffic signs to a brighter yellow." ~ Jason Mraz

Offline Cho Chung

• Administrator
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2003, 07:17:40 AM »
Fun!  10 to AZ and Morgana.  I

never knew that about you, AZ!    :D

Offline Angharad yr Gwyn

• Slytherin
  • Third-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2003, 06:41:48 PM »
though i posted this somewhere in the commons room.  i can't find the post so here goes.

Angharad ferch Cariadoc is called "yr

Gwyn" ("the White" to those of you who speak dim ond Saisneg ...oops only English.) because of her startlingly white hair.  (Her

parents think it was from the time that Voldemort got ahold of her, when he was trying to persuade them into joining his cause.  She doesn't

remember anything bad, she just remembers that she got to play with a "pretty slithery")  She is about 5'7" and has blue-grey eyes.  

She also has two older brothers both of whom work for America's version of the MoM.
Angharad's family fled Cymru during the dark days of

Voldemort's reign.  Not that they have anything against the Dark Arts, mind you.  They just didn't like the way he was going about taking over the world.  

She grew up in America, attending muggle schools while learning to play quadpoffle (spelling?) and being homeschooled in magic.  Recently, on her

family's return to Cymru she received a letter from Hogwarts.  And much to her family's pride and her shock she was put in Slytherin.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2003, 06:52:02 PM by Angharad yr Gwyn »
Slytherin Pride

Offline Lauren Weasley

• Gryffindor
  • Graduate
    • View Profile
    • Patronus
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2003, 08:39:14 PM »
very interesting. This was

a very good idea, this bio thread.

Offline Lilith Demodae

• Librarian and Ravenclaw
  • Prefect
  • First-year Student
  • Howl at the Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2003, 04:15:48 PM »
Lilith Demodae started out life as Samla Trago- Ooops, wrong universe.

*sound of papers shuffling*

Ah, here it is....

Lilith Demodae, third of five magical children, is from a fairly well established wizarding family, though her grandmother on her father's side was a muggle.  Born in Wales, she attended a welsh speaking elementary school before being accepted into Hogwarts.

Lilith spent so much time in the Hogwarts library during her first years, reading and researching, that she became assistant librarian in her free time.
I didn't say it was your fault;
I said I was going to blame you.

Offline Permlessgirl

• Ravenclaw
  • Prefect
  • Fourth-year Student
  • "S'up Figgy?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2003, 08:09:34 PM »
I just realized

that I hadn't posted my bio yet! Well, here it is:

Permlessgirl is an only child who was born and raised in Paris untill the age of seven. She is

5'7 and has dark brown hair, as well as extremely dark brown eyes. PG's father was killed by Death Eaters in Voldemorts time of power, and her mother

Annette was left alone to raise her. Annette works as a charms teacher at Beauxbatons, and through her PG has developped a fascination with learning

and performing many different charms.
Because of her mother's demanding work schedule, PG was sent to stay with her father's parents in

Oxford for the duration of each school year. While there she attended a private Muggle school. She now speaks very fluently in English, but always

speaks in french when at home with her mother.
Her grandparents are very kind people with a strong british heritage and a large wizarding

background. Her grandfather developped such a facination with Muggles that he became a teacher at the University of Oxford in order to observe them

much closer!

When the time came for PG to attend a wizarding school, she received invitations to both Beauxbatons and Hogwarts. It was a

very difficult decision to make, but she decided to attend Hogwarts because of it's facinating history and remarkable reputation.
When she first

arrived at Hogwarts she was immediately placed in Ravenclaw. Despite her extremly shy manner, she has managed to become close friends with quite a

few members of her house, as well as many others. PG is now in her fifth year at Hogwarts and is currently in training to become a Prefect.
She

can often be found in the Library reading one of her favourite books "Where There's a Wand, There's a Way" or in the owlery visiting her pet

Tawny owl 'Mignon'.

Her real name isn't Permlessgirl, but i'll tell the story behind that some other time! ;D
"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have,"

Offline Madeleine

• Resident Mum
  • Prefect
  • Seventh-year
  • Flavor of the week: Chili Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2003, 08:12:21 AM »
I just realized we're

missing some points here!  Thanks, Permlessgirl, for posting and getting me to notice.  An extra five points (plus being the first one to earn points this

house cup!)

10 points to Angharad, Lilith, and PG for their bios.
Don't get stuck on stupid.

Offline Celina

• Fifth-year
  • Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
  • only time
    • View Profile
    • The Crib
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2003, 11:24:11 PM »
Celina is a fair skinned witch who is part irish and part native. She comes from a family of five, which include her parents, Donna who is a full time muggle and Robin who is a pure blood wizard, She also has to old sisters and their names are Shannon who is 22 and lives in hogsmead you can usually find her sitting in the far left coner at "The Leaky Couldren", and her even older sister Natasha, 25, Is very much in my sense like Persy Weasly (if you know what i mean.)
Celina's grandparents were magical it's just that her grandfather was a half-blood, but the pure blood stream still got passed down to her father and she is now one two.
Celina isn't really the richest of them all but she does have enough in life to get through each day.
She has lived in canada, the US and is now obbviously living in England.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2003, 12:09:12 AM by Celina »

Offline Sirius Black

• Resident Bum
  • Gryffindor
  • Seventh-year
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2003, 11:32:05 PM »
Eh, Sirius here. Mom's a witch. Dad's a Muggle. Dad knew mom was a witch before Marriage. Mom got the gift from her dad. Her mom was a Muggle though. Mom and grandpa both went to Hogwarts, grandpa got tons of NEWTS... mom, she sorta faultered, but managed through it. Anyway, I got two sisters. One of 19, another of 9. Older is a definite witch, always messing around with me, since I'm still in school and can't use any magic to get back at her. Little sister, we're not sure yet. She has stories of some of her dolls talking to her every now and then. My mom thinks it's her Magic signs, but Dad isn't convinced. I just think he doesn't want to be the only Muggle in the family.

Offline Celina

• Fifth-year
  • Hufflepuff
  • Fourth-year Student
  • only time
    • View Profile
    • The Crib
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2003, 01:30:16 AM »
 :osirius! you have a much better background than me! ;D I feel small :'(

lol j/k :D cool background ;)

Offline skipper

• Hufflepuff
  • First-year Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2003, 02:49:13 PM »
Skipper has parents that are witch and wizard but both of them were muggle born. She has one sister who is at the age of 9. Her pet Mr. Nibbles, a rat, goes with her every where.  Skipper's grandparents live in england but her parents live in the USA. Her parents went to Hogwarts and sent her to live with grandparents so she could be accepted. Skipper's parents are not sure if they will be sending her sister to Hogwarts or an American school.